Profile for Simon Burfield > Reviews

Content by Simon Burfield

Simon Burfield "Burf" (UK)

Solar Storms (An Orbs Prequel)
Solar Storms (An Orbs Prequel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but too short, 17 Oct 2014
I have read Orbs and did enjoy it, so brought this, I think they both cost me the same price which being this is about 10% the size does feel wrong. It was a good read though but very short

Coding Isis
Coding Isis

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun futuristic book, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Coding Isis (Kindle Edition)
This was a fun awesome book. I know this because generally I can't make it past page 2 of a book, I get bored very easily!

Funscreen
Funscreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, you can see this future coming true, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Funscreen (Kindle Edition)
I thought I had already reviewed this book, this is my second book review as generally I don't get time to read. For me, a book needs to grip me from the start. This did! It was flipping awesome, and at the same time made you think, this future could happen! Well it is, as a mobile techie, it wont be long. Android powered smart TV's etc

I would recommend this book to anyone! I would also highly recommend the authors other book, Sycamore! (my first book review)

Andrew James Professional Whole Fruit Power Juicer, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Juice Jug And Cleaning Brush
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Turned up broken, 14 Mar 2014
Sadly this turned up broken, they did replace the part which took 7 days (ish) but asked for lots of pictures and stuff.

The device works, I thought you would be able to put oranges in with skin etc but nope, I believe you have to peal them first.

Wife seems happy with it

Android Application Development Cookbook: 93 Recipes for Building Winning Apps
Android Application Development Cookbook: 93 Recipes for Building Winning Apps

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic if your a developer learning Android, 14 Mar 2014
I buy a lot of development books and most the time never get around to reading them.

I brought this book because it cut straight to the point where you know what you want to do in another language but don't know how to do it in Android. This covers 99% of the things you need to do to build business apps.

Hope they keep updating it.

Sycamore (Near-Future Dystopia)
Sycamore (Near-Future Dystopia)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, amazing! Perfect for a techie, 30 Oct 2013
So first off, I don't generally read much, not very good at it, and as a techie/programmer I find myself always doing other things. My sister gave me a Kindle, and 1 of the free books I downloaded was Funscreen by the same person. I really enjoyed that book, and made me think about my current techie projects (Using the Kinect etc).

So next, I brought this book even though I had tons of free ones to read. I can't put it down, I don't generally review things but this is awesome. I am very interested in VR, AR and future tech and so this was the perfect match for me. I have found it more addictive than the Harry Potter books (about the only other books I have read). Now I am near the end I am actually getting worried I wont find another book thats as good. Its easy to read and fun.

Anyway, if your in to computer sci-fi, this is a must read.

I hope the guy makes more books like this!