Profile for aires69uk > Reviews

Content by aires69uk

aires69uk "CHALO" (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Offered by CrossCables

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unimpressed, 29 Dec. 2014
I bought this specifically because it was a Toshiba drive and believed it to be as reliable as Western Digital - not so and it failed after 11 months. I have Maxtor drives that are over 10 years old and still work and this failed after just 11 months! And the replacement process for this drive (which only has a 12 month warranty by the way), is such a pain because you can't RMA it. I had a Maxtor drive that died many years ago and I sent it off to Ireland for repair - to get this sorted however I had to get a refund off Amazon because Toshiba don't offer a repair service for internal drives in the UK. Anyway I will be replacing this with a Western Digital drive, I just cannot take another chance on a Toshiba drive, it was so time consuming and difficult to recover the data before it eventually failed for good. There are many good reviews of this drive, all I would say is back up, back up, back up!

PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES: a gripping crime thriller
PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES: a gripping crime thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent, 1 April 2014
I got this book when it was free, don't know if it was on offer or not, but I got this for £0.00. Been reading it on my tablet and my phone for the last week or so. Been picking it up on and off and it held enough of my interest to keep coming back to. Don't find it as enjoyable reading on the tablet as reading a proper book. However this is the first free book I've had that makes me think - now /that/ is a book. Great story with fleshed out characters. Not too many characters that you lose track of who's who (a big complaint I have with a lot of books). Sets it up nicely for a follow-up book and at the end it says this is the first of a trilogy. It's a very well written book and most of the characters and situations are believable. I would totally recommend this book - a great crime thriller.

Girl on a Train
Girl on a Train
by A J Waines

4.0 out of 5 stars would make a better basis for a script than book, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Girl on a Train (Paperback)
This would be ideal as a television drama and maybe someone at the BBC could commission it. I did guess who the murderer was before it was revealed but I couldn't figure out why until it was explained. The murderer will come as a surprise to you but only if you're thick (sorry). This is the second book I've read by Waines and curiously the other book would make a good television drama too. You're not missing out on life by not reading it but if you've got some spare pennies then give it a whirl.

Beyerdynamic DTX300 Over Ear Portable Stereo Headhones - Red
Beyerdynamic DTX300 Over Ear Portable Stereo Headhones - Red
Offered by iHeadphones UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones with a design flaw, 10 April 2013
Can't fault the sound on this and I love Beyerdynamic headphones. But the actual design of these if appalling, the plastic hinge is a definite weak spot and will evetually break. Beyerdynamic's customer service response to this when mine broke was frankly appalling. Long story short - this is a pair of headphones to avoid at all costs.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem pretty good to me, can't fault it., 5 July 2012
I was able to get my photos and music of a faulty hard drive with this, speed was perfectly okay and I don't have a single complaint - it did it's job and it wasn't that expensive.

Berghaus Mens Rg Insulated Waterproof Parka - Black, Large (Old Version)
Berghaus Mens Rg Insulated Waterproof Parka - Black, Large (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely splendid coat and very smart, 22 Mar. 2012
Looks great (very smart) and is actually quite warm, considering it's not that thick and doesn't have fleece. The quality of the coat is amazing. The stitching is great and it just feels 'quality'. Standard Berghuas stuff like a flap over the coat zip and a good hood. It's just a great coat and very smart in Black. If you want one don't hang about - I've been waiting for months and even though it's now Spring, they no longer have this coat listed on the Berghaus website. So get it quick!

Walking Northern Railways: West v. 2
Walking Northern Railways: West v. 2
by Charlie Emett

1.0 out of 5 stars For me, a terrible book, 23 Nov. 2011
If you want to read someone's experience of walking closed railway lines, and the history of each line, and when it was opened and closed etc, then it's a great book.

However I wanted to know how _I_ could walk these closed lines and the book does not impart that information. You don't know where to join the walk, you don't know anything of any use that would allow you to walk the line, and in that respect it's a terrible book.

I will be giving the book away, what a waste of money.

Silverline SP1236 Combination Spanner Set 12-Piece 8 - 19mm
Silverline SP1236 Combination Spanner Set 12-Piece 8 - 19mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright I suppose....., 26 July 2011
.....but don't buy unless you have a shed or a garage (or you just want to bung them into your toolbox loose).

Rolson 36109 40 Piece Socket Set
Rolson 36109 40 Piece Socket Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little set, 26 July 2011
Does the job, case is alright - I just wish the case said what went where and you knew which size you were pulling out to use. But it's okay.

Rolson 36820 60pc Screwdriver Set
Rolson 36820 60pc Screwdriver Set

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, nothing more, 26 July 2011
The screwsrivers are okay but the point about buying this is that all the screwdrivers are contained in one case. And therein lies the problem - the case. It's poor quality, cheap plastic, poorly moulded - complete crap. The screwdrivers are of better quality and I like them, but the case is pretty poor.

Page: 1 | 2