Profile for CHALO > Reviews

Content by CHALO

CHALO "CHALO" (Lancashire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES (crime thriller books)
PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES (crime thriller books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent, 1 April 2014
I got this book when it was free, don't know if it was on offer or not, but I got this for £0.00. Been reading it on my tablet and my phone for the last week or so. Been picking it up on and off and it held enough of my interest to keep coming back to. Don't find it as enjoyable reading on the tablet as reading a proper book. However this is the first free book I've had that makes me think - now /that/ is a book. Great story with fleshed out characters. Not too many characters that you lose track of who's who (a big complaint I have with a lot of books). Sets it up nicely for a follow-up book and at the end it says this is the first of a trilogy. It's a very well written book and most of the characters and situations are believable. I would totally recommend this book - a great crime thriller.

Girl on a Train
Girl on a Train
by A J Waines

4.0 out of 5 stars would make a better basis for a script than book, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Girl on a Train (Paperback)
This would be ideal as a television drama and maybe someone at the BBC could commission it. I did guess who the murderer was before it was revealed but I couldn't figure out why until it was explained. The murderer will come as a surprise to you but only if you're thick (sorry). This is the second book I've read by Waines and curiously the other book would make a good television drama too. You're not missing out on life by not reading it but if you've got some spare pennies then give it a whirl.

Beyerdynamic DTX300 Over Ear Portable Stereo Headhones - Red
Beyerdynamic DTX300 Over Ear Portable Stereo Headhones - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones with a design flaw, 10 April 2013
Can't fault the sound on this and I love Beyerdynamic headphones. But the actual design of these if appalling, the plastic hinge is a definite weak spot and will evetually break. Beyerdynamic's customer service response to this when mine broke was frankly appalling. Long story short - this is a pair of headphones to avoid at all costs.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem pretty good to me, can't fault it., 5 July 2012
I was able to get my photos and music of a faulty hard drive with this, speed was perfectly okay and I don't have a single complaint - it did it's job and it wasn't that expensive.

Berghaus Mens Rg Insulated Waterproof Parka - Black, Large
Berghaus Mens Rg Insulated Waterproof Parka - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely splendid coat and very smart, 22 Mar 2012
Looks great (very smart) and is actually quite warm, considering it's not that thick and doesn't have fleece. The quality of the coat is amazing. The stitching is great and it just feels 'quality'. Standard Berghuas stuff like a flap over the coat zip and a good hood. It's just a great coat and very smart in Black. If you want one don't hang about - I've been waiting for months and even though it's now Spring, they no longer have this coat listed on the Berghaus website. So get it quick!

Walking Northern Railways: West v. 2
Walking Northern Railways: West v. 2
by Charlie Emett

1.0 out of 5 stars For me, a terrible book, 23 Nov 2011
If you want to read someone's experience of walking closed railway lines, and the history of each line, and when it was opened and closed etc, then it's a great book.

However I wanted to know how _I_ could walk these closed lines and the book does not impart that information. You don't know where to join the walk, you don't know anything of any use that would allow you to walk the line, and in that respect it's a terrible book.

I will be giving the book away, what a waste of money.

Silverline SP1236 Combination Spanner Set 12-Piece 8 - 19mm
Silverline SP1236 Combination Spanner Set 12-Piece 8 - 19mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright I suppose....., 26 July 2011
.....but don't buy unless you have a shed or a garage (or you just want to bung them into your toolbox loose).

Rolson 36109 40 Piece Socket Set
Rolson 36109 40 Piece Socket Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little set, 26 July 2011
Does the job, case is alright - I just wish the case said what went where and you knew which size you were pulling out to use. But it's okay.

Rolson Tools 36820 60 Piece Screwdriver Set in Blow Moulded Case
Rolson Tools 36820 60 Piece Screwdriver Set in Blow Moulded Case

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, nothing more, 26 July 2011
The screwsrivers are okay but the point about buying this is that all the screwdrivers are contained in one case. And therein lies the problem - the case. It's poor quality, cheap plastic, poorly moulded - complete crap. The screwdrivers are of better quality and I like them, but the case is pretty poor.

At the Gates of Darkness (The Riftwar Cycle: The Demonwar Saga, Book 2)
At the Gates of Darkness (The Riftwar Cycle: The Demonwar Saga, Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as bad as everyone would have you think, 6 April 2011
This book is actually quite good for the most part and while not exactly gripping, it most certainly does hold your attention. I downloaded this book for Kindle on the iPhone and found myself reading it when I had spare moments - on the train, walking home, in bed - and it certainly held my attention. I would say it's a good story with a somewhat flat ending, the book kind of ends in the same way that an episode of a long running television series would - like it's a 1 hour episode and they have to have an end of sorts so the next episode can be a new story. I can only liken the end of the book to the end of a television programme - you get a good story all the way through and then the end is not as good as what you've watched up until that point. I have to say that for the most part I really don't recognise the deficiencies that people list in the reviews and I really think they're being harsh on the book, Murder In Lamut is a lot worse book than this - trust me. Frankly I really wish I had bought the actual book rather than listening to the negative reviews here. [shrugs]

Page: 1 | 2