Profile for Dorothy Chahal > Reviews

Dorothy Chahal

Slowly Down the Ganges
Slowly Down the Ganges

5.0 out of 5 stars SLOWLY DOWN THE GANGES BY ERIC NEWBY, 27 Mar. 2014
The Ganges can be magical, frightening, dangerous, but to attempt this journey using an old map was perhaps not the wisest way to spend time. Newby's comments are always honest, and so often deliciously funny. The adventure of this wonderful travel writer, and his wife, seemed so incredibly difficult to achieve his aim.

Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty
Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty
by Catherine Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 28 Jun. 2013
While staying in Yorkshire some local people told me about the book which I immediately bought. It is a must read if one is interested in recent social history, and how it affects our own times. Catherine Bailey has done a wonderful job researching the period, and writes in a tantalising style. I never knew I could be so interested in how the trade union movement started to improve the lot of the working man, that at the end of one chapter I was left gasping to know what happened next!!! I think it should be essential reading for all. My parents born in the early 1900s and my grandparents born in the 1870s would recognise the substance of this book very well. Well done Catherine Bailey.

Airwave 3x3mtr Pop Up Waterproof Gazebo in Black with 2 WindBars and 4 Leg Weight Bags

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop Up Gazebo, fully waterproof., 24 May 2013
Two of us put it up within 30 minutes the first time. Waiting for the weather to improve to use it!!!!