Profile for P. Caddick > Reviews

Content by P. Caddick

P. Caddick "Silkfeather" (Atherton, Manchester)

Easy Bead-Woven Bracelets: 10 Projects (Easy-Does-It)
Easy Bead-Woven Bracelets: 10 Projects (Easy-Does-It)
by Kalmbach Publis

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bracelet, 3 Mar. 2011
This book is worth getting just for the bracelet at the very top right of the front cover. A beautiful little bracelet that is easy to make and looks wonderful.

Beautiful Baby Boutique (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
Beautiful Baby Boutique (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
by Rebecca Leigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for a Princess!, 20 Nov. 2010
Absolutely beautiful lace dresses fit for your little princess. With bonnets and shoes and a few lace cardies. It's in american so just go through it with a red pen and change all the stitch names into English, and it is totally worth the trouble. I would literally have paid 3 times for this book if I'd seen the patterns, because they really are that wonderful. I've just completed my first design (pink parfait)and put a photo on Facebook and immediately got asked where I got the pattern from. Next I'll be making the cover design, and I know I'll end up making every single one over and over.

Beading with Crystals: Beautiful Jewelry, Simple Techniques (Lark Jewelry Books)
by Katherine Duncan Aimone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful beadweaving designs!, 17 May 2010
This book contains absolutely beautiful designs and I found the instructions clear and easy to follow, and I have been beading for less than a year. But I think the best recommendation must be that I had made one of the designs up (Briolette Glam) using pearls instead of crystals, and posted a photo on the Bead&Button magazine site, and was immediately asked for a pattern for it. I came onto Amazon to get the link for the book and stopped to write a review while I'm here. I love this book. It has lovely photos and the designs are inspiring. I've already adapted several, and my next project will be the design on the cover, using a metal flower I already have as the centre. I'm extremely glad I bought it and I wouldn't part with it.

Crocheting on the Edge: Ribs and Bobbles* Ruffles* Flora* Fringes* Points and Scallops
by Nicky Epstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite lace designs, 15 Jun. 2009
Just because it says english, don't be fooled. This is an american book, which as every crochet fan knows, means that EVERY SINGLE stitch has got the wrong name ! However, having said that, every design has got a diagram as well as written instructions, which I have always preferred anyway and rarely bother with the written part. So if you can follow the diagram (and there's no reason why you can't because they are really clear) then buy this book because the designs are absolutely exquisite. I promise you that you will use this book over and over.

Ribbonwork: The Complete Guide - Technique Guide for Making Ribbon Flowers and Trimmings
by Helen Gibb
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite to look at, 17 Dec. 2006
I frequently just sit and look through this book at its exquisite photographs of ribbon flowers and leaves. The instructions are wonderful, there are so many ideas to inspire you. The book is spiral-bound inside which at first seems a little odd but it means the pages open out flat for you to work from. The author doesn't just rehash the same four designs and pretend that using a different ribbon makes it into a different flower as I've seen so many others do - this book is jam-packed with ideas and information. This is well worth buying even if you only ever look at the pictures.