Profile for Sharpey > Reviews

Content by Sharpey

Sharpey

Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch Laptop (Dual-Core i5 2.4GHz, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB Graphics SD card slot

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY SMOOTH!, 19 Mar 2012
This laptop is very expensive. It's now considered a fashion item. People may stereotype you for pulling it out whilst sitting alone in your local Starbucks cafe. I knew all this before I bought it, but couldn't resist seeing what all the "Once you go Mac, you don't go back" fuss was about.

AND I COMPLETELY GET IT!!!

The second you pull out this bit of kit, you instantly understand why you forked out almost a grand on it.
Its slick, smooth, solid and really, really shiny!
Simplicity in all of its glory.

Turning on the MacBook if effortless. Your Mac will be asking you for a password to log in before your reluctant PC 's screen would even ignite into life. It is rapid.

The screen display is pristine. The keyboard is perfectly spaced. The keys make that perfect key noise... if there is such a thing.

The applications, which replace your windows programs, are simple in nature, but are grade A for functionality.

The main huge selling point for me with the MacBook is the user interface of the whole system. The way you can effortlessly just swipe a few fingers across the trackpad to flick between windows. To flick between pages on the web. That little trackpad makes this apple product so unique.

I have opened thirty plus app's at once on here, and it doesn't faultier.

Apple state a 7 hour battery life. Im just short of 8 hours right now and my battery is at 18%. If I was on my old Sony Viao right now I'd be frantically trying to search for my charger before it died and with it 2 hours work. I fully trust this Mac to plod on for at least another 45 mins.

Your mail, social network updates, Skype etc is well catered for, each with its own little tabs that alert you in the background, whether your scanning the web or not.

The iCloud feature that you may or may not have heard of works great with this product, providing you own also an iPhone or iPad.

I really could go on and on and on about this computer but Top gear is just about to start so I'm not.

Its worth the money. Its fun. It does everything that you expect it to do, better.

Any negatives...and i really am thinking...
>If your going to use it for work purposes, you will almost certainly need to by extra software.
>It doesn't have an HDMI port (instead it has a thunderbolt port, which as of yet serves no real purpose, but in the future will probably prove to be very useful. Although you can buy an adapter to allow HDMI access.
> It takes almost 2 full days to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY, BUY IT!!!