Profile for Sklarlight > Reviews

Content by Sklarlight

Sklarlight

Official Xbox One Wired PC Controller
Official Xbox One Wired PC Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable controller for PC gaming., 20 Nov. 2014
Been waiting to get the Xbox One controller for PC since I first held one, as somebody who doesn't own the Xbox One, I really wanted to upgrade from the 360 remote to the One remote. I didn't purchase it from Amazon because I felt that the price was too high. The controller feels comfortable and much more improved over its predecessor. However, sometimes it can get a little warm to hold, this isn't the controller, it's just the slightly different material gets warmer to the touch quicker than it does for the 360 remote.

If you already have a 360 controller, this isn't necessary to get, but I just preferred this controller massively over the 360 controller that I really wanted to get it. USB length is about the same if not just slightly smaller than the one for the 360 wired controller. The remote also contains a battery socket if you want to use it for your Xbox One (If you have one.) and it can also be wired up to your Xbox One also.

Overall, nice product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2014 11:11 PM GMT

400 ml Paint - Smooth Signal Black
400 ml Paint - Smooth Signal Black
Offered by Monstercolors

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but sadly didn't meet my expectations., 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 400 ml Paint - Smooth Signal Black
Can't fault the product, but once the spray dried after a couple of coats it turned into dark coal grey rather than black, which was a slight let-down, unfortunately.

End of Days [DVD] [1999]
End of Days [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really the ultimate battle of Good verus Evil, but still a brilliantly enjoyable movie., 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: End of Days [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
End Of Days follows a character who is paid to protect certain people, only when he protects and takes a bullet for somebody who is paying for his services, does he decide to investigate what's going on in the background due to certain discrepancies. As the film progresses, it definitely has a nice back-story element and an untypical, yet satisfying ending.

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring [DVD] [2004]
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Oh Young-Su
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Not like your typical film., 20 Jan. 2014
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter... and Spring is a really enjoyable film in many ways, it's not like your typical film and it follows the story of a monk who has adopted a baby boy left behind by its mother, and you follow his tale growing up throughout life. It's a really good story with a deep meaning.

Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel., 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Kick-Ass 2 is a good sequel to its predecessor, it ups the ante and brings even more danger to the real-life "super-heroes" as well as some more comedy too. In my opinion it seems like Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretez's character) is the central character and not Kick-Ass himself. That doesn't bother me though, because in many ways I prefer the story of Hit-Girl over Kick-Ass to some extent. A good film and well worth watching.

AMPM24 Mens Brass Ball Glass Ring Skeleton Mechanical Pocket Watch Chain
AMPM24 Mens Brass Ball Glass Ring Skeleton Mechanical Pocket Watch Chain
Offered by AMPM24

4.0 out of 5 stars Glass Ring Skeleton Mechanical Pocket Watch Review., 23 Nov. 2012
This product is beautifully unusual to look at, I originally purchased it after finding its appearance interesting, however it's a lot more circular than it appears in the pictures, but that's not a problem, it's also smaller than it looks in the pictures, but once again that isn't a problem either, I really like it. It's an unusually attractive item but I like it a lot. Purchased another item completely unrelated on the same day which was expected to deliver in the following week, this item having come from abroad was expected to take at least 3 weeks, however it came the following week and I still don't have the other item I ordered from a local source! Quick delivery and a nice item overall. In terms of the actual craftsmanship, it's not perfect, but I still love it, nevertheless.

Metro 2033 (Xbox 360)
Metro 2033 (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Metro 2033 - An Inside Look, 8 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Metro 2033 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Metro 2033 has definitely exceeded my expectations. I had never heard of the book, but from buying this game with a little bit of money leftover, I don't regret it one bit. Lots of games I buy often don't seem to have everything you're after, but then again, you can't seem to have everything. But Metro 2033 has quickly worked it's way up to being possibly my number 1 game, it does everything, and most of all, it's original, it's not a copy of a lot of games out there now, it has an original storyline, an original setting, original characters and so on.

The game to start with has a great storyline, you begin with the prologue, which you eventually get back to at the end of the game, however, you don't see exactly how you get to the prologue. Having said that, it is amazing and that doesn't seem to matter.

Sometimes, the Librarians, a type of creature in this game, is sometimes hard to defeat, unless you just run, and run. Once, I had barely any ammo, not enough to kill 3 or 4 Librarians in one level, and I just had to run, in a way, I felt as if I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do, but it seemed the only way I could escape.

There are some great twists in this game, especially with the ending, if you do good deeds, you get an alternate ending.

What you may fear in this game could be the true good guys, at first, I trusted them, you probably did, or probably will, but as time goes on in the game, you start to lose trust for them, but however you feel about The Dark Ones, it's your choice!

Overall from this brief review, a great game at a great price, took me a few days to complete, I didn't want to rush, but if you spent an hour on this a day, it could probably be completed in a few weeks to a month, but if you are a hardcore gamer, then I'm sure it could be completed within a day!

I'd rate this as the best game I've played. And I eagerly await Metro 2034.

This review probably doesn't help too much, but there's just not much to say! It's the experience of the game that makes it worthwhile.