Profile for M Hisbent > Reviews

Content by M Hisbent

M Hisbent "silkiemh" (Oxford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Silver - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Silver - 6th Generation
Offered by Take a Bite
Price: 157.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzled. Where is the missing memory?, 2 July 2014
What difference does 12 gb make? This is the product description : "Leave no tune behind
With 160GB of space, iPod classic means you can always have your entire music and movie library with you.2 Carry it from the living room to a party in the backyard. Or take it on a cross-country road trip and never listen to the same song twice." That's why this is now the difference between a 5* and 3* review and the difference between putting all of the tracks I had chosen onto my new machine and having to leave a bunch off. I had expected to lose a bit of memory but on my laptop this iPod is showing 148gb of 148gb free. That means 12gb is being used elsewhere or this product is not 160gb as advertised. I understand the tecchie forum comments about hard drives defining a Gigabyte differently but Apple should say 'this product offers 148 GB of available space for media files'. That would be honest. Onto the machine itself - Delivery was excellent and I am currently transferring tracks from my external hard drive. I had forgotten the laborious transfer process involved with I-tunes (I have a 2Gb i pod too) and it will take a lot of evenings over the next 3 weeks to transfer 40,000 songs as I have never discovered how to drag and drop between a hard drive and an Ipod and have the music work. When I played the first track there was a volume limit (in orange against a blue bar) but I must have touched something as that has now gone. Volume is fine through headphones or an X-mini external speaker - even when playing Damn Yankees tracks. Apart from the missing 12GB and the transfer chore I am a happy bunny.

God's Clown
God's Clown

5.0 out of 5 stars impossibly rare from 1976(album) - 1998 cd - update, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: God's Clown (Audio CD)
A vague memory from the mid 70's and now only occasionally heard on internet radio as rarities are unearthed. 'Sunny day' is an outstanding track but at 90 the cd purchase is steep. Be good to see a re-issue at normal 'import' prices at least....found this for under 6 as a download from Amazon. Means I don't have the physical cd to reload onto MP3 players but I have the music which is important.

SanDisk SDCZ50-032G-B35 32 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ50-032G-B35 32 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Price: 10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent media, 1 May 2014
Works perfectly with my second zen player. Can recommend it as a robust card for a variety of uses and multi re-uses.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow factor x 100, 1 May 2014
I missed this in the cinema but this DVD version on a biggish TV is excellent. So it is an overlong rebelling of hobbit in some eyes but I love the slow development which reminds me of the pleasure of reading Tolkien first time around. Can't wait for episode 3 but I will have to.

Kingston SDHC 16GB Class 4 Flash Memory Card
Kingston SDHC 16GB Class 4 Flash Memory Card
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 May 2014
This is the only sd card which works as extended media in my creative zen player and it works extremely well. Is easy to work with in the laptop to fill with music and the zen player retrieves music easily. Quite robust - I have had other cards which fall apart going in and out of the PC slot.

Sony Neige 74 minute blank minidisc 10 disc pack
Sony Neige 74 minute blank minidisc 10 disc pack
Offered by mottainaiya
Price: 13.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 May 2014
Minidisc is a had to get media but I love it. Full marks to the seller for making these available at a good price. They work perfectly and I record music on them every day.

Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Take a Bite
Price: 47.49

1.0 out of 5 stars update - Ultimately poor product Which looks great but is unreliable, 1 May 2014
No change to review below except to say thank you Amazon who refunded on this even though it was out of their 30 day limit.

My original review was full of praise: Fantastic drive which has been trouble free and is already full with my accumulated music recordings. Might have to buy another and would happily buy the same again.: however I spoke too soon as it failed last week out of the blue. Computer cannot recognise it and so all data stored is inaccessible. (I am using the proprietary USB cable and have tried all 3 USB ports on my laptop. The drive whirs for 5 seconds and then dies although it's little led light stays on. The 30 day returns policy operated by amazon means I cannot return it but would have to pursue the matter directly with Samsung. I haven't been stung by is returns policy before but now I feel very aggrieved. A hard drive for storage has to operate properly for longer than 30 days from purchase. I could not recommend this product at all anymore and anyone out there with a model that is still working is very lucky. Disgusted with the product and amazon. I would never buy Samsung drives again and would be hard pushed to have faith in amazon and hard drives with its 30 day returns policy. I bought this drive to fill up over time - not in one lump never to access again. It is meant to be accessible storage media - not a data cemetery.

Homo Erraticus
Homo Erraticus
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Anderson coming out of his own shadow., 1 May 2014
This review is from: Homo Erraticus (Audio CD)
It was about time Ian ditched the jethro Tull moniker and was recognised in his own name for his considerable talents. This is a grand effort at recounting a personal version of British history from the time of the vanished land bridge (dogger land) through the ages. Sounds like Tull in places as you would expect but sounds more like the new version of Ian Anderson and his band who tour the uk next month. Roll on high Wycombe. If you are not yet a Tull or Ian Anderson fan give it a punt. It will be worth it.

Clean Slate (Jim Knighthorse Book 4)
Clean Slate (Jim Knighthorse Book 4)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not yet read, 1 May 2014
I love the knight horse series but I am keeping this for my holidays in August. He is a great PI. Harder than magnum but ironic and sardonic and a bit of a bully. Worth reading.

Ambrosia
Ambrosia
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Obscure but worthy the effort, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Ambrosia (MP3 Download)
Heard this on American Internet radio. Worth every penny. Excellent melodic prog rock that is worth a listen and then a few listens more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8