Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "greedoniz"

Ready Player One
Ready Player One

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready Player One was recommended to me seperately by two people so as someone ..., 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
Ready Player One was recommended to me seperately by two people so as someone who rarely reads fiction I hesitantly bought it not expecting much.
Boy was I in for a surprise.I blitzed through this book so quickly as I couldn't put it down. The plot moves along at speed making it a compelling read and the story appealled to the inner geek in me in the best possible way. Easily in the top 5 books I've ever read.

The Secret Migration
The Secret Migration

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Boy, 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: The Secret Migration (Audio CD)
Thanks to a weird twist of fate that is both too long to go into and pointless for the task at hand I have managed to get hold of a promo copy of "The Secret Migration" and what a lucky boy I am. Being a long time fan of Mercury Rev I jumped for joy when the said CD was placed in my hands and before I knew it I was skipping home with the intention of putting this baby on as soon as that front door slammed shut.
Well, on went the Cd and "Secret for a Song", the first single, rose from the speakers and I knew from than point I was in for a treat and I wasnt wrong. This is not an album for people who want to put on an album and be immediately humming along to some catchy ditty, as it has taken me more than several listens to really get to grips with what it has to offer. And, I hear you ask, what does it have to offer? Well I would say some of the finest work they have done to date with "In The Wilderness" and "The Climbing Rose" being utterly outstanding. Whether it will ever overtake "deserters songs" as my favourite mercury rev album I dont know but it has certainly lept over "I am dream". I would urge anyone who has enjoyed previous outings to leap off your sofas and get this album the second it comes out.

Us
Us
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd albums difficult??? not likely!!!, 5 Mar 2003
This review is from: Us (Audio CD)
After the Wonderful tune-laden-fest that was "Loss" the Mull Historical Society bring us their 2nd full length album "Us" which I am delighted to say is probably better than the debut. This time around the album seems to be more introspective and has less quirky sound effects that was littered around in "Loss" which seems to have worked to its benefit. Beware though that this album is less immediate than its predecessor but after a few listens it will have you hooked for life. Sheer Brilliance!!