Profile for Marc90125 > Reviews

AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m
AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B 1.8 m
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust it! Complete Rubbish., 9 Jun 2014
Purchased to connect a HDD to a Smart TV for recording TV as chosen HDD came with a ridiculously short cable. Had continual intermittent recording errors / failures, TV reckoned "weak or no signal". This error message turned out to be completely incorrect.
As the TV was under manufacturer's warranty I had to spend nearly 4 months in communication with Samsung [Maker of both the TV & HDD] the worst customer service experience of my life.
Eventually Samsung agreed to send someone out with the dire warning that if it wasn't the TV at fault I would be charged.
As the only thing left to try before accepting that "offer" I connected the HDD with it's supplied 45cm long cable; lashing the HDD to the back of the TV was the only way to do so.
That was 3 months ago, I haven't had 1 recording failure or error since. The cable was the problem all along. It is rubbish.

Roman Lee Geniune Leather Black Money Clip Wallet Mens Money Clip Credit Card Hold
Offered by Pensee Shop
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish, 9 May 2013
This arrived from Hong Kong, if I had known that I'd never have ordered. Had problems in the past with goods from the other side of the world, bad quality & no point in returning. No where in the description does it say that the item originates from Hong Kong.
Now to the quality, holds 8 credit cards, well maybe credit cards in Hong Kong are smaller? If you do manage to shoe horn 8 cards in it won't shut & you'll need an elastic band to be able to pocket it.
This is heading for the bin. Last time I EVER use a marketplace trader.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish, 17 Jan 2013
I've had 2 of these now, the first one broke after 7 months the second in 2 weeks . Exactly the same part failed.

External Double Sided Foam Tape 18mm X 2mtr
External Double Sided Foam Tape 18mm X 2mtr
Offered by UK HOT BARGAINS
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions missing, 12 Sep 2011
Any item that does not include the dimensions of the product is a waste of time. Width, thickness & length should be listed.

Sony MDR-AS30G Active Series Headphones
Sony MDR-AS30G Active Series Headphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Painful, 22 Nov 2010
Excruciatingly painful to use/wear & even though they feel so tight they squeeze my ears they don't feel secure and fall off at the slightest head movement.
They have been returned.

Verbatim 43551 4.7GB 16x DVD+R Matt Silver 100 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43551 4.7GB 16x DVD+R Matt Silver 100 Pack Spindle
Offered by ECOTRONICS
Price: 19.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Not using Verbatim anymore, 31 July 2010
I have over the years, used hundreds of Verbatim CD-R's DVD+R's DVD-R's DVD+RW's etc, U get the picture. These have been my first choice for media. No more. As time went on, from my first purchase, the country of manufacture changed from Japan & around Asia & on to China as labour costs changed but the quality was always the same.
This last batch were manufactured in India & I have had 18 failures from the first spindle of 100. The equipment, software & file types the same but the results are deplorable.
I've also had DVD's returned 'cos they won't read in their equipment.
So now that JVC have purchased Taiyo Yuden [consistently the top rated media manufacturer & made in Japan] I've had to change allegiance to them & I'm back to a 100% success rate. Sad really that verbatim cannot maintain the quality that they've enjoyed for almost a decade.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 10:35 PM BST

Verbatim 43411 Extra Protection 48/52x 100pk
Verbatim 43411 Extra Protection 48/52x 100pk
Price: 16.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they seem, 16 Jun 2008
I've been using 43411 Verbatim CD-R's for over 2 years now. I've used hundreds converting my extensive record collection onto CD with only one or 2 failure's. They truly are the best CD-R I've found. However this last batch have produced 9 coasters & I haven't even used the full hundred yet. The disks arrive in different packaging to that pictured with no mention of Super Azo on the packaging. Verbatim make a big thing out of this & it's usually featured if the disc complies. Also all my past Super Azo disc's have a blue hue, these are just silver. When I run a disc thru' Nero it reports the manufacturer as 'Prodisc'; a proprietary manufacturer.
Either Verbatim have started outsourcing their disc manufacture or these are counterfeit. Whatever, I will be sourcing my Verbatim discs elsewhere in future.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 5:08 PM GMT

In Rainbows
In Rainbows
Price: 8.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Download Zero, 12 Jan 2008
This review is from: In Rainbows (Audio CD)
I downloaded this for nothing with the intension of downloading later for a fee I felt the music deserved. That's what it deserves - nothing.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2010 1:13 PM GMT

Infiniti Classic 52x 80min 100 Cakebox
Infiniti Classic 52x 80min 100 Cakebox

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in every burner, 8 Mar 2007
I've used a few hundred of these and everything was fine until I upgraded my PC to Compaq, the writer in this PC won't burn these dics at 40x the max speed appears to be 16x, yawn.

Tried other dics and they work fine.

Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD 8.0
Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD 8.0

1.0 out of 5 stars This software has always had problems, 15 Mar 2004
I have, over the past few years, used Instant CD in various forms; when Novastore produced it & Version 5 & 6.5 in an attempt to find an upgrade that has all the bugs solved. It's now got to the stage that I would NEVER use this software whoever markets it, Pinnacle, Steinberg whoever. It does not co-exist well with other CD burning Applications & that includes Microsoft's Media Player. It crashes, freezes and generally introduces errors in the OS even when it is the only resident application. The only part of this I use in Instant Music to edit transferred vinyl to split the tracks up, I don't burn with it. Even that is shaky if the samples are installed. It can't cope with the previous project being deleted as the default is to open the last one. Crash, crash, crash. The support is useless too, both web site & telephone. I wouldn't give it any stars, the only reason it's got one is you can't select zero. P.S. I am an IT Technical Support Analyst, so I'm not a PC duffer.