Profile for Deidre Leigh Miller > Reviews

Content by Deidre Leigh M...

Deidre Leigh Miller (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ligature for Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece Fastener Black
Ligature for Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece Fastener Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Jun. 2014
I bought this to try out a leather-style ligature before spending the big bucks (quid?) on one of the mainstream brands. It works great, although it seems as if it might be a bit crooked? I'll probably buy one of the expensive ones and keep a couple of these around as extras. Anyway, it's a great value. Very free blowing, although I find myself futzing around with the placement.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 24 Jun. 2014
Just as advertised. Not terribly slow, and it works with every operating system in the house, too (3 different Mac OSes and two versions of Windows). Great deal!

Birkenstock Shoes ''Maine'' from Leather in Black 39.0 EU R
Birkenstock Shoes ''Maine'' from Leather in Black 39.0 EU R
Offered by shoesineed

5.0 out of 5 stars made short work of my plantar fasciitis, 24 Jun. 2014
I actually bought these because I was having a flair up of plantar fasciitis and last time it happened, I was able to fix it with Birkenstocks instead of speeding tons of money on custom orthodics. These look like clown shoes from the top (very wide at the toes), but they are perfectly presentable for business casual, and my heels have already stopped hurting. Highly recommended, especially at this price. You can spend all day on your feet with no negative consequences, but they're a bit clunky for distance walking. I find that I walk more slowly than usual in them.

Byron Wired Bell Push Flush Mounted - Silver/ Brass
Byron Wired Bell Push Flush Mounted - Silver/ Brass
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 27 Nov. 2013
This is functional and fit for purpose, and it looks nice. I was able to install it over the original Victorian brass plate, and it's not quite authentic looking, but it's certainly a huge improvement on the plastic one that was there before.

Pest-Stop Clothes Moth Traps
Pest-Stop Clothes Moth Traps

5.0 out of 5 stars These are effective, 11 Sept. 2013
These are the most effective thing that we've found for dealing with the moth problem in our flat. They sometimes catch dozens of moths in a matter of weeks.

Tropical Sun Popcorn 500 g (pack of 6)
Tropical Sun Popcorn 500 g (pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 11 Sept. 2013
This popping corn worked great with our air popper. A higher percentage of it popped than we'd been used to with the supermarket popping corn.

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (Retina Dual-Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 128GB Flash, HD Graphics 4000, Launched Oct 2012)
Offered by Gasteiner Technologies Ltd
Price: £1,229.72

5.0 out of 5 stars What a deal!, 7 July 2013
My god, but Macs are expensive in the UK. In North America, they're around the same price as high end Windows boxes, but in the UK, you'd think that they were gold-plated or something. That's why I was happy to find this £1500 MacBook with retina display for less than £1100. I don't care that it's from 6 months ago and was never sold. It's a fine machine, and I'm happy to have been able to stick with the Mac OS without having to take out a second mortgage.

It was important for me to buy a Mac Book rather than one of the cheaper Mac Airs because I sometimes (not always) do visual work. I needed a machine that could run multiple, large monitors yet unplug and become super-portable. This fits the bill. My only complaint is that the the camera from my old MacBook took more flattering pictures and videos than the one on this machine. For that reason, I plan to continue to use it for communications.

4-Hole Perforator Black - Own Brand
4-Hole Perforator Black - Own Brand
Offered by Shopping Bazar

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 7 July 2013
This is a good hole punch. The adjustable guide is especially useful. It was a bargain, as well. I recommend it.

Esselte 25 mm 4 D Rings A4 Presentation Ring Binder - White
Esselte 25 mm 4 D Rings A4 Presentation Ring Binder - White
Offered by Office Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal on a business essential, 7 July 2013
I moved to the UK from North America, and I hate the 2-ring binders that dominate the market here with a fiery passion. These 4-ring binders are even more secure than the American 3-ring binders and these are good quality examples, with pockets for covers on the front, back and spine. The only thing that's missing is pockets on the inside.

EasyAcc Macbook 13.3 inch Felt Sleeve Carrying bag Ultrabook Laptop  bag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, S5, S7, Asus Zenbook UX31, HP spectre xt, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Samsung SERIE 5 NP530, Toshiba Satellite Z830 Ultrabook [Size: 13.3 inch, Color: Grey]
EasyAcc Macbook 13.3 inch Felt Sleeve Carrying bag Ultrabook Laptop bag for Apple Macbook Air 13, Acer Aspire S3, S5, S7, Asus Zenbook UX31, HP spectre xt, Samsung SERIES 9 NP900X3B, Samsung SERIE 5 NP530, Toshiba Satellite Z830 Ultrabook [Size: 13.3 inch, Color: Grey]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant laptop sleeve, 4 July 2013
This is a padded, fabric-lined felt laptop sleeve. £10 is certainly a fair price for it, although if I'd paid £30, I might feel as though I'd over-paid. I expect that it will continue to look good for around a year of use. It really is an elegant-looking, compatibly designed sleeve for a Macbook. It has a couple of pockets under the flap, but they aren't big enough for the power cord and plug. They would fit a mobile phone and a small notebook or a short USB cable. I plan to use this to carry my computer in a large purse or briefcase, along with other items. It will provide some padding and prevent scratching.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3