Profile for Louise > Reviews

Louise

FDC Katy Perry California Girls Style Long Fringed Wig Orange
FDC Katy Perry California Girls Style Long Fringed Wig Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Fringe too long, 1 May 2013
Needed this wig to complete my Daphne (Scooby Doo) outfit. The wig wasn't as sleek as in the picture with waves throughout but improved after some styling. The fringe needed cutting however as it was longer on me than in the photo - in my eyes! I've not had previous experiences with wigs but was a little surprised that when the hair was moved to try to style it you could see my hair underneath as it's not all that thick but, given the price, that's probably to be expected. Also it wasn't great for dancing in and kept steadily sliding off. Despite the problems it was just what I needed without spending a fortune hence the 3 stars.

REAL LEATHER Beanbag REAL LEATHER FOOTSTOOL Brown
REAL LEATHER Beanbag REAL LEATHER FOOTSTOOL Brown
Offered by Beautiful Beanbags Ltd
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 17 Feb 2012
I bought this footstool to replace a previous faux leather one that had begun to split. This one automatically looks better than my previous one and is very soft (although it needs a bit of time to sink as it is still a bit too firm for my liking just now). It seems like it is going to last a very long time and still look good. There is a bag full of spare filling for when the stool starts to sag a little too much which is a nice touch. All in all I'm pleased I paid a little extra for real leather and am very happy with my purchase.

Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex
Snazaroo Face Paint Palette Kit, Rainbow - Unisex
Price: 9.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter pack, 18 Jan 2012
This is a good face painting kit if you just want to do the occasional face painting at home. The paints are good quality and easy to apply. My only disappointment is with the book that comes with it. I had assumed that the book would be made up of faces that could be painted with the kit, but a lot of the ones for girls need glitter paint which does not come with this set or need colours that are not in the pack (e.g. turquoise). The book suggests that you can simply mix the paints, but I am stuggling a little with this as the paints are hard - it's not like you can squeeze the paints into a palette until you get the right colour. Hopefully I will find this easier with more practice. My little girl has loved having her face painted however and, for that reason,I would recommend this product.

Bontempi TR3802/N Trumpet
Bontempi TR3802/N Trumpet
Offered by Online Collectables
Price: 5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bontempi TR3802/N Trumpet (Toy)
I got this for my 2 and a half year old and he loves it although it is a bit difficult for him to play on his own as you need to blow and press the keys at the same time. I think he will get more use out of it when he gets older. Unfortunately he has found a second use for it - which maybe shows we should have taken more notice of the age limit - and that is as a weapon! He seems to enjoy hitting things with it as much as making noise with it but as long as his use is supervised it seems to be fine.

Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 5 Sep 2011
We've had this for about 3 weeks and it is perfect and an absolute bargain. It works perfectly with my ipod plus has a line in for use with my previous mp3 player. My other DAB radio is appalling for sound but this is excellent. I love the remote which also controls my ipod. I love everything about this in fact!

Playskool Busy Ball Popper
Playskool Busy Ball Popper

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the family!, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Playskool Busy Ball Popper (Toy)
My little boy got this for Christmas when he was 6 months old and it was an instant hit with all the family. He is now 14 months and loves it even more now he can press the button himself and grab the balls as they pop up. The balls regularly land on the floor and roll around the room (instead of back in the tray) which just adds to the game when he plays it with his 4 year old sister or me and his dad as it's a race to see who can retrieve the ball first - or even if you can get it back before the next one goes astray!. I thought this would be quite a limited toy but I can see us playing with it for a long while yet.