Profile for Jenn Green > Reviews

Content by Jenn Green

Jenn Green (Bath, Pennsylvania)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
inCapable
inCapable

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Deadly, Dangerous, and yet.... – Stars ★✩★✩★, 21 Jun. 2015
This review is from: inCapable (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Deadly, Dangerous, and yet.... – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~Her eyes redden and she blinks furiously. She's fighting tears and I feel something inside of me shred, but I don't know how to respond to it, how to feel about it. So I do what I do best, I put my guard up. Control. Always control. It always gets me through every situation.~

Evie Crane has spent the last four year taking care of her dying mother and is ready for a new start in a new city. With no friends or family in her life, dwindling funds and limited job prospects, she finally catches a break when she lands a waitressing job at a pub in a seedy part of town. What she doesn't realize is that her new boss has some close ties to the mob or how drastically her life is about to change when waiting for a cab one night. A vicious attack that would have ended her life if not for the mob hitman who saves her changes everything. Now she is entangled in a world she doesn't understand, wrapped up in a man who is a danger to everyone around him, and yet – she can't stay away from him, and strangely enough, he actually makes her feel safe... ish. But how well does she really know him?

Declan Lewis has only ever know how to survive at all costs, life on the streets will teach you that. But when a man finally gives him a chance at being something, takes him under his wing and teaches him everything he knows, he has no idea that he was being groomed to be a hitman for the mob. He is good at what he does but there is no walking away from this life, even if he wanted to. That has never really been a problem for him, til he meets a blonde with mismatched eyes that seems to be the polar opposite of everything he is. He can't help but be drawn to her, even if he realizes how dangerous he is to her. Bringing her into his world puts her life at risk in more ways than either could have expected, and even though he wants to be a man she would deserve, he doesn't think he is even capable of that kind of change, not to mention no one walks away from the mob unscathed.

~Forgive myself. The problem is I don't feel bad about a lot of the people I killed. I don't need forgiveness to move on. I've already done that. What I need is for her to forgive what I've done. For her to accept me, warts and all. But deep down I know... if she knew the truth, the whole truth... she couldn't possibly.
She'd leave. And she'd take my f****** heart with her.~

Words can hardly describe how much I loved this book. There was so much to it, so many layers, so much going on and with the added bonus of some pretty amazingly flawed characters. The connection between Declan and Evie was raw and sometimes painful, but a thing of beauty in a world full of ugly. With so much blood and danger surrounding them, and such dreadful demons in their pasts and present, it was hard to see a way out for them. That didn't change the fact that they found kindred spirits in each other, the only other person in the world to make either of them actually feel, and though it scared the crap out of them they didn't run away from it, even when it would have been the safest thing for them. I think one of my favorite things about them was they didn't let stupid misunderstandings come between them – they had enough problems without adding easily avoidable issues to the mix. This was a duel POV book which really helped to form a connection with BOTH sides of the relationship, I don't know how I would have felt about Declan otherwise, all things considered. As it is, I fell hard for both of them, it was hard not to. They have both been through so much in their young lives but they refused to let it beat them down. I even formed a soft spot for Mona with her 'Hell on Wheels' personality, and Beth with her slightly naive, yet bubbly self. This story had my attention right from the beginning and refused to let go, it just did not slow down. The danger hiding around every corner was easily felt and constantly had me on the edge of my seat. The build up of the relationship between Declan and Evie was definitely of the slow burn variety, but considering the world they were living in, and who Declan was, insta-love just wouldn't have made sense and it played out pretty perfectly, if not painfully. This is not a sparkles and rainbows romance so if that is what you are looking for, look the other way, but it was an amazing journey none the less and one I would recommend to any and all romances lovers who like their couple to have to work for it, earn it, and not have it just handed to them. I don't know how Sara Hubbard has managed to fly beneath my radar before now, but she has definitely earned herself a spot on my One-Click-Addiction List with this book one scream, tear and blush at a time and I cannot wait to see what she brings us next.

“You can't save him from himself, Evie. If you love him, you need to accept that. Love him for who he is or not at all. My advice to you is to take off and leave this city if you can't accept that.”
“And what if I can? What if I take the bad with the good?”

My Stranger
My Stranger

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Dangerous & Addictive – Stars ★✩★✩★, 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: My Stranger (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Dangerous & Addictive – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“She thinks I'll miss men. She thinks I need to have one last – c*** ride before settling into a relationship with her.”
“Damn. I don't know what to say about that.”
“It's like she doesn't trust me not to screw around on her with the first big d*** I can find.”

AJ has never been ashamed of who she is or what she likes where sex is concerned – men, women, bondage, with an audience – she loves it all, she's not picky. For the first time in her life she is with someone she can actually see a future with and she is ready to take the next step in their relationship, but her girlfriend has one small condition – she wants AJ to have one last fling with a man, just to be sure she is really ready to give them up for good and will be happy with what Sam has to offer her. So when a stranger sneaks into her apartment calling her by the pet name her girlfriend gave her, she thinks it was all a set up and doesn't fight him when he ties her up and whisks her away. It doesn't take long for her to become addicted to all her Stranger has to offer. He gives her everything she never realized she needed, everything she has ever desired and then some, she reaches heights she never thought possible, but what happens when the truth about her Stranger comes out? Can she go back to being the woman she once was or is it too late? Does she even have a choice?

“You get what I give you. You do what I tell you. Relax, beautiful, I've wanted to play with you for a long time. I won't break you before I'm done.”

I should not have liked this. I should have been appalled. I should have wished for a different outcome. This was a complete mind-f*** of epic proportions, a holy hott mess of What the frigg's. And yet.... I freakin loved it. It's no secret that I like my romance on the darker side with a dangerous edge and this one fit right into that category, it's just a bit more subtle about it – you don't catch the screwed-up-mess of it all until it's hitting you in the face. You know it's there, you can even pretty much guess what's coming, and still it caught me off guard somehow. This was not a super long book, and the beginning started of a tad bit slow for me (but that may just be because I really didn't love the girlfriend – Sam) but once dude shows up at her apartment I could not freakin put it down!! A huge portion of the book from that point on was just sex, smokin hott, dirty as heck, kinky, freaky, LOVED IT sex. Don't expect a sunshine and rainbows romance, that is not what we get here. What you can expect is crazy hott sex, a heroine who likes her kink and is not afraid to admit it, a wicked-mysterious Alpha Badboy with a very dark and dangerous past, and an ending that will blow your mind. It wasn't your typical HEA, but it wasn't a cliffhanger either – it was so completely out of the box and I loved this even more because of it. I really am starting to question my sanity at this point. I would recommended this to all kink lovers who are not afraid to take a walk on the dark/unconventional side. One thing is for sure, Lola White has slammed her way onto my dirty One-Click-Addiction List with this surprising tale and I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us.

~I was pure feeling. Pure f****** feeling – not AJ or a person or someone's girlfriend anymore, but my stranger's responsibility. His ward, his vessel,his and he took care of me in new and unexpected ways.~

Happy Reading xo Jenn@BookwormBetties

Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia Book 1)
Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5 – Beautiful, Brutal & Everything in Between – Stars ★✩★✩★, 20 Jun. 2015
★✩★✩★ 5 – Beautiful, Brutal & Everything in Between – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“I'll never force you, Courtney. But I will have you. Make no mistake, I will have you in my bed, where you'll be beggin' me to make you come. It will happen.”
Courtney swallowed hard. She hated him. Hated what he did to her. Hated how much she wanted him, despite knowing better. Hated that, when it came to him, he body seemed to be making all the decisions.
But more importantly, Courtney hated him for the man he was.

He is the second in command of the Southern Boy Mafia – family run, dangerous and deadly, it's all he's ever known.

She is a security specialist at Sniper 1 Security, a company founded by her father and his best friend.

Their paths never should have crossed, but they did, and it forever changed both of their lives.

Both from completely different worlds, and opposite sides of the law, Maximillian Adorite and Courtney Kogan couldn't be more different, and yet from the moment they met the chemistry between them burned red-hott. She hates everything about who he is but she cannot seem to stay away from him – she is the only light in his dark world and one taste of her will never be enough. Max ALWAYS gets what Max wants, and what he wants is Courtney. But with so much working against them, enemies hiding around every corner, and Courtney fighting their connection every step of the way – did they ever really stand a chance? Will Courtney ever be able to look past what Max is long enough to see the man that's hidden on the inside or will she be too late?

~It'd always been like this... Their interactions were heated, passionate, and innately sexual underneath it all.
Beautifully brutal, that was how she'd come to think of this thing between them.~

I have been a Nicole Edwards fan ever since I first discovered the Walker Brothers and I haven't looked back since – this book just reminded me why. Though this is vastly darker than those boys were, the writing is just as captivating, the characters just as addicting, the sex hott as ever and I loved every friggin minute of this journey. I happen to thoroughly enjoy my romances on the rougher, grittier side, and this fed that addiction quite nicely. Max was pure Alpha Badness, and even when he was being a giant douche I still loved him cause I got where he was coming from, I understood his frustration with Courtney and wanted to shake her myself – if it wasn't for the fact that I got why she was struggling as well. They both had their moments where I wanted to kill them, but they were both fighting some very real inner-battles that actually made sense. They really did come from completely different worlds and changing the way you think about things that have been ingrained in you since birth is not an easy thing to do. But the one thing they could never deny was the attraction that burned between them, even if they did deny their growing feelings. This all made for some very hott encounters and a whole lot of drama. What was different about this book was that their joint past was already well established and we got to learn all about it through multiple flashbacks. I never thought this would be something I would enjoy but it worked, Ms. Nicole pulled it off brilliantly. It helped move the story along while forcing you to better understand the struggles they were going through both individually and as a pair – so to speak. Add in a crap-ton of amazing secondary characters and this book was impossible to put down. I am very much looking forward to more from these people – especially Leyton, Ashlynn, RT, Z, Dane, Jase, & heck even Genny – all these people should provide some very interesting stories and they are the ones that grew on me the most. And now that it seems they are gonna be spanning three separate series in one way or another I see a lot of sleepless nights in my future. I CANNOT WAIT. If Nicole Edwards hadn't already landed herself on my Dirty One-Click-Addiction List with Kaleb than this fascinating tale would have landed her there. If you haven't read any of her books yet then I highly recommend you pick one, ANY ONE, and start TODAY.

~Hell was a way of life, something he trudged through every single day because this was the life he'd been born into, the life he'd ultimately chosen. But her... Courtney was light and energy and good. He craved that little sliver in his world, feeding off her goodness, knowing it would never help but needing it all the same.~

Happy Reading xo Jenn@BookwormBetties

Better When It Hurts: A Dark Romance Novel (Stripped Book 2)
Better When It Hurts: A Dark Romance Novel (Stripped Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Heartbreaking, Dirty & Rough – Stars ★✩★✩★, 11 Jun. 2015
★✩★✩★ 5 – Dark, Heartbreaking, Dirty & Rough – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~I know I should hate him, but I can't. I loved him too much as a girl. And even though he's colder now, bigger and meaner now, he's still the same boy I loved.~

Lola met Blue five years ago when they were both in the system. Two foster kids in the same house in a world where they are never safe, never loved, doing whatever it takes to survive. For the first time they found comfort in someone, each other – they let their guards down and allowed someone in. Til Lola turned her back on Blue and got him sent away for good. But now he's back, all grown up, hardened and ticked as hell, and it's all aimed at one person: HER. He's spent the last five years thinking of all the ways he would get her back for her betrayal and will stop at nothing to get his revenge – she couldn't stop him even if she wanted to. The question is, does she really even want to stop him?

~His mouth is on mine before I can answer. It's not a kiss, it's a fusing of him and me – it's rough and invasive. It hurts, and I never want him to stop.~

My, my, my, that was fabulous – just the way I like my romances: a little bit dark, a whole lot dirty, gritty and emotional but with an ending that doesn't make me want to hit something. These characters were amazing with so many layers you couldn't help but connect with a least a part of them, both broken, both damaged, both struggling to keep their heads above water in some form or another. The connection between them was undeniable, even with the pages bleeding hatred you just knew deep down they cared for each other in a way they never have before and probably never will again. The sex scenes were a mix of smokin' hott yet sometimes degrading, explosive and a whole lot rough, emotional and vulnerable laced with pain but screamed of a love that may have been buried deep but still burns bright, even if they both try to deny it, fight to hide it. There are times you will want to choke one or both of them, times you just want to hug them, times you want to lick Blue, but mostly you just hope they can find some form of peace and desperately wish for them to make their way back into each others hearts. They both need healing and a safe place in the dark and dangerous world they live in and you just know they will only find that in each other – if only they would allow it. Surprisingly this is the first book I've read by Skye Warren but I can tell you it most definitely will not be the last. She drew me in from the first page and did not let go til the very end. The writing flowed perfectly, the story completely engrossing, the characters and everything about this was just captivating. I've already gone ahead and downloaded the first two books in this series and cannot wait to dive into them, am anxious to see what this series brings us next and look forward to whatever else she brings us in the future.

“It's not ending now. It's not ending ever. It took me five g****** years of f****** my hand, of dreaming of you, of hating you, to find my way back. And now that I'm here, I'm not letting go.”

Happy Reading xo Jenn@BookwormBetties

Hunter (Bad Boys of Retribution MC Book 1)
Hunter (Bad Boys of Retribution MC Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5 – Rie Warren Never Fails to Deliver – Stars ★✩★✩★, 11 Jun. 2015
★✩★✩★ 5 – Rie Warren Never Fails to Deliver – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~My personal life was well hidden, off the record, and very f****** lost at the bottom of the sea along with my real identity.~

She was the good girl with a wild side...
He was the bad boy in hiding...
Together they are explosive, but not everything is as it seems...

Hunter got his road name 'The Ghost' for a reason. His past is so bloody and violent it still gives him nightmares, but he has always been damn good at what he does. With so much of his life spent undercover there are very few people who know the real Hunter, and honestly – it's safer for everyone that way. He doesn't do relationships cause frankly he doesn't have the desire, but more than that – it just isn't safe for anyone to get too close. Beside, how can you ever really let someone in when you will never be able to divulge all of your secrets? From the minute he meets JB he knows he should stay away, she has a sweet innocence about her that he doesn't want to taint with his dark history. But even knowing that he finds it impossible to forget her let alone stay away from her.

JB may seem like the good girl type, but she reserves that for her job. Outside of work she has a wild side a mile wide and lives for the carefree feeling she gets when on her bike. She is drawn to Hunter like none other before him, but he has so many secrets she doesn't ever think she'll get to the bottom of who he is. When his past comes slamming back into his life all hell breaks loose and no one is safe.

“You're a damn coward.”
“You don't know what you're talking about.”
“I know this: I could ride rings around you with my bike, and I could f*** you until you didn't even remember any of your fake names. But I guess you'll never find out.”

Rie Warren never fails to disappoint and this book was no different. One of the most unique things about her writing is that she tells these stories strictly from the male POV. Sometimes this can be a risky thing to do for a female writer, I have found that often times the guys come across a little on the softer side, but that is not the case with Ms. Rie. Her men are pure Alpha Badness and Hunter was just another example of that. We get a book filled with dirty, raunchy sex, some humor and drama, twists and danger and all the violence you would expect from an MC book. It was freakin awesome, non-stop from start to finish, with a few twists and nail-biting action along with all the smokin hott steam I have come to expect from this author. We get to revisit some characters from previous books in her other series' as well as meeting a whole slew of newbies that I won't soon forget. And even though she excels at giving us some pretty fantastic men to drool over, she doesn't fail to deliver them with the exact kind of women they need in their lives. Her females are just as hardcore as the men and I love that about her. With every book I read from her I fall just a little more in love with her style and I just can't get enough.

~She was honest to goodness perfection. Sweet and sassafras. Naughty and wholesome all rolled into one. She had me by the b******* without even trying. Despite swearing her off, I wanted her.
I needed her.~

Wrong
Wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5+ – Wrong Never Felt So Right – Stars ★✩★✩★, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Wrong (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5+ – Wrong Never Felt So Right – Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~Politicians, preachers, cops: they're all my clients, and as long as they pay, there's not a problem. I'm a businessman and I take my job very seriously.
You f*** with me, I'll kill you, because no one takes anything as serious as death.~

Victoria moved to America to find her own freedom, make a life for herself how she chooses and live the life she makes. All to have it snatched away in the blink of an eye when she becomes collateral for a debt she doesn't even owe. Thrown into a world she doesn't understand, where she doesn't belong, friends and enemies are one and the same and nothing is as it appears. It isn't long before she questions everything she is and the freedom she always so desperately craved is a thing of the past, and something she isn't even sure she wants anymore.

Jude is a third generation bookie, the most brutal in the business. Everyone knows never to screw with him, you pay or you die – simple as that. Killing has always come easy to him, til her. He questions everything about her, from the reason she landed on his doorstep to his reluctance of killing her. She makes him feel things he doesn't understand, and he doesn't do feelings, and it all just ticks him off. Being around her sends his already volatile temper though the roof and it only gets worse the more he learns about her. Just when he thinks he already has his hands full, an enemy from his past makes an appearance and all hell breaks loose.

~What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and sometimes life doesn't play fair. You have to evolve to survive, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I've evolved. I've become who I need to be in order to survive~

Words cannot describe how freakin amazing this book was ~ just be prepared, it is most definitely is a dark read, not for the faint of heart but so totally worth the agonizing journey. I'm not gonna dive too deep into the story, this really is one you should just experience as it comes. Danger lurks around every corner, each page is steeped in tears and fear, surprises come at you out of nowhere, it was a non-stop ride from start to finish and the writing was flawless, totally captivating. Victoria was an incredible woman, she refused to go down without a fight even when it seemed hopeless, even when it made things worse. Jude is a crazy SOB with so many layers I can't ever see getting to the bottom of them. He cheesed me off, turned me on, and ticked me off some more. Surrounded by enemies and no one she can trust, constantly living in fear, broken down in inconceivable ways, Tor turns into a woman she hardly recognizes and the lines between right and wrong start to blur. The entire book is spent in constant state of tension all leading up to an ending that left me screaming at my kindle desperately wanting to know what happens next and kinda itching to hunt down the authors for driving me more than slightly insane. I don't know when the next book is due out but I will be climbing the freakin walls waiting for it.

~A dark, twisted corner of my mind revels in the danger that he represents and rises to the challenge. I'm all too aware of how wrong that is. I have lost everything, and in having nothing to lose, the danger he promises has become an adrenaline shot to my broken and dying soul.~

Tryst
Tryst

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5+ Rules are made to be Broken -Stars ★✩★✩★, 16 May 2015
This review is from: Tryst (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5+ Rules are made to be Broken -Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“I'd hate to have to witness you bringing dudes home, but-you're an adult, and it's whatever.”
“It's 'whatever'?”
“Yeah, whatever. Jut do me one favor.”
“What?”
“Just don't sleep with Blake. Like, ever. I mean it.”

When Skyler finally left behind the abusive relationship that had a death grip on her for two years, she left behind everything-her job, friends, apt... needing a new place to stay, she turns to her brother Josh. The successful Talent Agent gladly opens up his Hollywood home and takes in his little sister, he just has one rule-DO NOT sleep with, or otherwise get romantically involved with, his best friend/roommate Blake. Seems like an easy enough rule to follow. She's not exactly emotionally ready to tackle another relationship after her last disastrous one and even if she was, the last person she would go to is the one who has a different woman in his bed every night. What she wasn't counting on was the explosive chemistry between the two of them, or Blake's relentless pursuit of her. She starts to find it more difficult by the day to turn away from the lust burning between them and realizes that they both want the same thing-no strings attached fun... crazy hott fun. What Josh doesn't know can't hurt him, right?! Keeping her heart out of it may just prove to be harder than she could have anticipated....

“I want you,, if it's easier hearing me say it first. I'd like access to you whenever I want, in both convenient and even inconvenient heated moments. It'll be fun.”
“Are you serious?”
“Absolutely.”
“Have you ever been in a purely sexual relationship like this?”
“No, not really. Most sexual encounters tend to be a one-time thing, but you're looking for the same thing as me-something noncommittal and fun. With our compatibility, I think it could be kind of genius.”

This book had everything I love in my favorite kind of romances-the pain in the butt ones. So very much drama, having the hotts for big brothers best friend/manwhore, crazy hott sex & so much chemistry you could choke on it, the girl's hilarious gay best friend, tears, laughs, jealousy, frustration, I could go on but lets just say I was OBSESSED with this book and this fantastically damaged couple. It's no secret that I prefer my romance on the 'make them suffer a little bit for it' side rather than the 'glitter and rainbows, insta-love' versions and this book gave me exactly that and then some. Ms. Alex had my full attention right from the beginning and refused to let go, heck I'm still thinking about these two as I write this. The pace did not let up, the dialogue was fantastic, the progression was flawless and never rushed, the characters were all amazing and unique-even the ones I hated never came across as throwaway's, they all had an impact on the story be it good or bad-I really had very little to complain about (and I'll get to that in a second). Blake was the poster boy for manwhore of LA-all American charm, sexy as sin, flirty to the max, didn't even bother to hide who he was, a bit of an douche at times, dirty and all around impossible to ignore. But it was clear that there was a lot he was hiding, a whole other side to him that he never let anyone see, and you just knew there was a reason for it. Getting him to open up about it was the hard part. Skyler was understandably gun-shy when it came to relationships, but that didn't stop her from yearning for someone to break down her barriers and show her she was worth it. She had her own flaws too. She was incredibly selfish at times, and frustrating as heck, and she knew it, which just made it all the more aggravating. But I at least understood where she was coming from, even if I wanted to shake the crap outta her once or twice. Josh was the quintessential over-protective big brother... to the extreme, and a smidge hypocritical-but I loved him. Skyler had a very small group of friends in her new life, but they proved to be exactly what she needed-even if she didn't realize it.
Now for my half-empties, and they're VERY minor: the book was told entirely from Skyler's POV. I really, REALLY, would have liked to have spent some time in Blake's head. There was more than one occasion where I was like 'Dude-what the HECK are you thinking?!'. But I can't complain too much, Ms. Alex still did a fantastic job of getting us to know him and there was no denying the connection between him and Skyler-that isn't always the case with single person POV's which is why I prefer duel's-but she pulled it off. Still.... I would have loved a little one-on-one Blake time. I am a HUGE fan of epilogues and there wasn't one here-there was no cliffhanger though and I HATE those so I wasn't too disappointed. I do feel like there were a few things left unresolved, but after I was done I found out there is gonna be another book so I very quickly moved on to PSYCOTICAILLY EXCITED. I CANNOT WAIT to get more from these two-but I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a wee bit nervous about it. In the end, I would definitely recommend this to ALL romance lovers-especially the ones who love their stories packed with emotion, both good and bad and everything in between. Alex Rosa has slammed her way onto my One-Click-Addiction with Tryst one giggle, blush and scream at a time and I am DYING to see what she brings us next. She has turned me into a total fan-girl and I love her even more for it.

“He doesn't deserve you, you know?”
“What if I don't deserve him?”
“You're both idiots.”
“I think I'll take that as a compliment.”

Henry's End
Henry's End

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5+ Emotionally Charged, Tear Fueled -Stars ★✩★✩★, 16 May 2015
This review is from: Henry's End (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5+ Emotionally Charged, Tear Fueled -Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“I want you to know everything. A lot of it's not pretty and for most of my life, no, make that all of my life, I didn't even know how effed up it was”

Oh my dear sweet, beautiful Henry....

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. This is an emotion filled journey that you just have to experience as it comes, not have it fed to you ahead of time. Don't expect a light and fluffy read- it gets dirty, heartbreaking, and downright scary. Henry has been dealt a lot of crap in his life that most of us don't have to deal with and the fact that he still manages to be an amazingly sweet, caring, and gentle soul shows what an incredible character he truly was. I fell deeply for that man, felt deeply for that man, hoped fiercely for that man... my heart was tossed into a grinder more than once and at one point I had to read through the tears in my eyes. Add in the fact that he is surrounded by some pretty fab people and this was a book that was impossible to put down. From the minute he arrives in San Diego I was hooked, fully submerged in his story-and what a story it was. There is loads of angst, plenty of laughs, lots of tears, smokin hott sex, it was just an incredible journey full of light and dark. I know this is a stand-alone but includes characters from the Needing Moore series, which I have not read-well let me tell you, THAT will be changing. Heck I've already gone and downloaded the first book, simply because this book was such an amazing read and I need more of these characters. I want to see Schooner & Mia's story for myself, I want more Henry & Seth leading up to this- I didn't get to spend near enough time with Seth this time around and I have a feeling there is so much more to him than what I have so far. I totally fell in love with Quinn and..... well, you'll see. In the end, I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who like some meat to their romances (pun intended) and loaded with despair-the end result is worth the bumpy road to get there. Julie Richman has definitely secured herself a spot on my One-Click-Addiction List with this one and I CANNOT WAIT to see what else she has in store-both past and present.

“That's becoming our thing, huh?”
“I like that at we have things.”
“Seth, we have more than things. We have something really special. Don't look so scared.”
“I'm not scared.”

xo Jenn @ BookwormBetties

The Slayer
The Slayer

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5- Even the most damaged badboys FALL -Stars ★✩★✩★, 12 April 2015
This review is from: The Slayer (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5- Even the most damaged badboys FALL -Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~Five years, and she couldn't stop herself from loving him. From wanting him. From thinking about him every waking moment. She hated herself for living for those times, late at night, when she'd hear his dreams turn into nightmares, and she'd have a reason to go to him.~
The Viper (book one in the Untamed Hearts series) was the first book I had ever read from Kele and I couldn't be more grateful that she was brought into my life and this book just reminded me why. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I loved this one even more than the first-this series has been outstanding so far. It's so much more than your average badboy meets sweet, seemingly innocent girl who turns his life around. There is plenty of angst and drama, a crap-ton of fab characters, the dialogue is off-the-chain (I love when these guys start throwing their Spanish around-so HOTT), action and violence, not to mention crazy hott chemistry and sexy-as-heck intimacy. There is just so much to love and so much going on it just never slows down PLUS she gives us duel POV's which I LOVE. In this installment we actually do some time jumping, it wasn't at all confusing and flowed with what was going on in the current day, and most of it spanned the five years Chu & Alaine have known each other. It gave us a better understanding of the evolution of their relationship and there was no misunderstanding why Chu put off giving into their chemistry for so long. That man.... I just wanted to hug him, console him, and yeah-jump him. He has definitely had a hard-knock life but he doesn't let it drown him. Alaine took me a bit by surprise, from the little glimpses we got of her in The Viper, her character turned out to be so much more than I was anticipating which was wicked fun. The ending was another nice little surprise, and totally fitting for everyone involved. It had a sort of cliffy feel, but not for our H/h. No, they didn't run off into the sunset, but considering the life Chu has lead so far, a hearts and flowers ending would have been completely unrealistic for him. In the end, this was a fantastic addition to an already awesome series and if Kele wasn't already sitting pretty on top of my hott romance One-Click-Addiction List then this would have landed her there. Soooo glad we got Chu's story <3

~she needed so much more than just his touch.
She wanted to feel him in her.
F****** her.
Claiming her.
Fusing the two of them together until it seared their souls to the point that nothing could pull them apart.
Never again.~

Love Surfaced
Love Surfaced

5.0 out of 5 stars ★✩★✩★ 5- Oh, My Drama... -Stars ★✩★✩★, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Love Surfaced (Kindle Edition)
★✩★✩★ 5- Oh, My Drama... -Stars ★✩★✩★
~this review may contain minor spoilers~

~For some absurd reason, I thought Tanner had the same desires for me as I do for him. I thought we were in this forbidden affair together, but I guess I'm alone, and that's what upsets me the most. I trusted him, only to be pushed aside for my brother time and again.
Why do I continue to disappoint myself, thinking I could be more than second-best in Tanner's eyes?~

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this book, this is EXACTLY how I like my romances! Packed with drama and tears, sexual chemistry that will leave you climbing the walls, love, friendship, family, childhood crushes, and did I mention drama?? We get to follow Piper and Tanner through both phases of their relationship-from crossing that friendship line for the first time, through the heartbreak of betrayal, to Tanner doing whatever it takes to win his girl back. There will be douchbags, catty witches, over-protective brothers, sneaking around, deceit and forgiveness, and oh-so-sexy sexy intimate times. I was glued to this book from the very beginning, these two had my full attention and my heart in their hand til the very end-I loved them both. They had such fab personalities-drive, loyalty, persistence, strength, charm, humor and intense chemistry. I do have to admit that I didn't have a whole lot of love for Brad. That man was incredibly selfish and so far up his own rear he couldn't see what he was doing to those around him. With that said, I still would love to see him get his own story if for no other reason than to see if he could change, and it doesn't hurt that I loved Taylor. This was surprisingly my first read from Ms. Lynn but I can say with absolute certainty that it won't be my last. She has slammed her way onto my One-Click-Addiction List one blush, tear, and breast-stroke at a time and I cannot wait to see what she brings us next.

~I never thought I'd be a girl who needed a guy, but I need Tanner. These past two years were torment for me, not seeing him or hearing his voice. I desperately craved his sweet kisses, gentle touches and contagious laughter.~

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20