Profile for Mrs. Julie I. Soper > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Julie I. ...

Mrs. Julie I. Soper "soperj" (Guildford, Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2
Vagabonds
Vagabonds
Price: 4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Vagabonds (Kindle Edition)
Josephine Cox at her very best - didn't want the book yo end.

Alley Urchin
Alley Urchin
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Alley Urchin (Kindle Edition)
Josephine Cox at her very best, I did'nt want it to end

Wyoming Fierce (Mills & Boon M&B)
Wyoming Fierce (Mills & Boon M&B)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 25 April 2014
This is the first time I have read a Diana Palmer book and now realise what I have been missing. I will most certainly read more of her books. This book kept me glued to the story until I had finished it and was only sorry when I came to the end.

Blood on the Water (William Monk 20)
Blood on the Water (William Monk 20)
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read, 25 April 2014
Once again Anne Perry has placed her character - William Monk - in a very fast moving, emotive story line. It holds the reader from the first page to the last. She manages to write in such a way that the reader feels involved with the story and once again the 'Guilty' person is not revealed until the end. Keep writing Anne Perry. I thoroughly recommend this book but will not give the game away.

Body of Proof Season 1 & 2 [DVD]
Body of Proof Season 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dana Delany
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good series, 7 Nov 2013
I am new to the series and bought these DVD's to catch up and I thoroughly enjoyed all episodes. Am sorry I missed the first airing of the series.

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars out of this world, 4 Oct 2013
Saw it at the cinema after eagerly awaiting its arrival - enjoyed it - watched the DVD GREAT. I have been a Star Trek fan since the beginning and Chris Pine is an excellent successor to William Shatner. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 20.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Enjoyment, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Every disc very entertaining. Very clever animation and amusing characters and the voice overs well chosen. I thoroughly recommend the set.

Dark Assassin
Dark Assassin
by Anne Perry
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Assassin, 11 July 2008
This review is from: Dark Assassin (Paperback)
This book was my first introduction to William Monk, also my first to murder mysteries and it immediately had me hooked. I am now endeavouring to purchase all Anne Perry (William Monk) books hopefully in cronological order. The characters are very well written and her research appears to be very accurate. A very enjoyable read with an unexpected twist. I was certain who was the offender - I was wrong. It also showed the predudice of Victorian Society.

The William Monk Mysteries: The First Three Novels
The William Monk Mysteries: The First Three Novels
by Anne Perry
Price: 11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, 11 July 2008
I have read all three novels in this issue - all entralling and gripping - each with an unexpected twist. The author makes the characters very real to the reader and there have been times I have wanted to get hold of them and disturb their entrenched attitudes. William Monk is an excellent detective. His loss of memory is very poignant and well worked into the script. I recommend the book to all readers who enjoy a good mystery.

Ladies in Lavender [DVD] (2004)
Ladies in Lavender [DVD] (2004)
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 3.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Ladies In Lavender, 9 April 2005
A very poignant film superbly acted by Dame Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. The start of the film appeared to be moving slowly but as one got into the film it flowed. The story is about a lonely spinster falling in love with a young polish talented violinist she and her sister find washed up on the beach. Judi Dench played the part of the younger sister who apparently had never had a relationship and was very well portrayed by Judi Dench. Maggie Smith's role as her elder sister was acted extremely sensitively - very typical of Miss Smith's talents. A story well worth watching.

Page: 1 | 2