Profile for blackbird > Reviews

Content by blackbird

blackbird

Page: 1 | 2
Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog (Penguin Classics)
Three Men in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog (Penguin Classics)
by Jerome K. Jerome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 13 Feb. 2013
Book in very good order and arrived way before it needed to. I haven't read it (in a queue of a dozen), but will write a review when done so.

War and Peace (World's Classics)
War and Peace (World's Classics)
by Leo Tolstoy

5.0 out of 5 stars A little surprised, 14 Dec. 2012
I cannot comment on the contents of the book as its in a long queue of books to read. However, I can comment on the surprise package of receiving one not three books as advertised by the photo. The book is small and chunky and not 'World Books' but Oxford. So I can only hope that the smallish writing does not get too strained and that the translation is good. What I will say is the size and shape of the book is so damned cute that despite all of the above i love just looking at it. Splendid aesthetic purchase.

A Field Guide To Getting Lost
A Field Guide To Getting Lost
by Rebecca Solnit

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 Dec. 2012
Book arrived as stated and in good nick co no complaints there. I read the great reviews on the author and liked the subject area so took the plunge on a new author. The positives are that the author has some unique insights and writes well through most of the book. However by the end of the book I got a little tired of the cliches and the letter 'I'. Just not entirely my cup of tea.

Golf towel and wallet gift set
Golf towel and wallet gift set
Offered by iOSSS

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 14 Dec. 2012
Well chuffed with my purchase. Wallet is well made and chunky with more than enough room and towel is taking a beating and still intact. Very happy.

Masters Bead Stroke Counter
Masters Bead Stroke Counter
Offered by The Professional Golf Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Masters Bead Stroke Counter
Used this for the first time last week and it saved me recounting over and over again and better able to concentrate on game.

Paperchase A6 black leatherlook notebook
Paperchase A6 black leatherlook notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 12 Nov. 2012
The price was a little high but it's a great journal with lots of pages and criss-cross lines - helpful for writing and drawing alike.

Ezi-on Poster Hanger 33" (84 cm) White
Ezi-on Poster Hanger 33" (84 cm) White
Offered by Mapsonline

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 11 Sept. 2012
I ordered this item late afternoon and received it in very good order and packaged safely the very next day. Brilliant service. The white sliding hangers themselves are perfect and fit firmly and strongly. Included are two plastic hoops that slide under so you can attach string, wire etc to hang it with. Would recommend item highly especially with the expedient dispatch that was an added bonus. Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 8:40 PM BST

Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
by Norman Arlott

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Sept. 2012
Book in good order on arrival and pictorially this book is great for I.d. Small enough for a days walk but reasonably heavy. One can't have it all.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 July 2012
Fits perfectly for my little 10inch laptop. Dropped some coffee on the product but easily washed off. very happy with it!

What Should I Do With My Life?
What Should I Do With My Life?
by Po Bronson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun. 2012
I loved reading this book. The author comes across as humble but with an air of wonderment about the human race. It wont necessarily teach you anything you probably don't already know but it reminds one of the obvious, which is sometimes all we need.

Page: 1 | 2