Profile for RoMO > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Provence A - Z
Provence A - Z

5.0 out of 5 stars To read when in Provence..., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Provence A - Z (Kindle Edition)
I loved this, mind you, we were in Province when I read it, which I'm sure helped! This is not a guide but a collection of thoughts and it really helped me get in the mood for a holiday. Mr Mayle's easy style makes for a relaxed read. The opinions are just that, opinions... so don't expect total accuracy or fill unbiased information. A great addition to the sun, wine and food of Presence.

Camping France 2014 (Michelin Camping Guides)
Camping France 2014 (Michelin Camping Guides)
by Michelin

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a disapointment!, 9 Jun 2014
The guide used to be so good. It led us through many successful holiday on France. We have not been camping in France for a few years so bought a new edition. What a waste of money! There is now so little information about the sites that the book is next to useless. We found ourselves using the internet, which we could have done without spending the money.

How Many Socks Make a Pair?: Surprisingly Interesting Maths
How Many Socks Make a Pair?: Surprisingly Interesting Maths

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the author's preface..., 5 Jun 2014
The author's preface is very honest in saying that there is very little actual maths to follow in the book. He says this might be frustrating... and it is! Having said that, it does do what the author sets out to do, which is to show some of the fascinating facts and 'tricks' which are sadly left out of maths education. If it gets read by 'mathsphobes', which I doubt, it should help a little. I'm giving a generous 4 stars because the book does just what the author set out to do.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Caribbean
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Caribbean
by Christopher Baker

2.0 out of 5 stars not for us, 27 Mar 2014
Not really what we were looking for. Not much off the beaten track in this. Rough guide would be better but it is a bit out of date at the moment.

Dussel Blue Cover For Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Newest 2012 Kindle : Neoprene Slip Case / Sleeve For All 6" Non-Keyboard Kindle Models

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat cover - fast delivery., 9 Mar 2014
Simple slip cover that offers great protection for my Kindle Paperwhite. Tight fit keeps it secure in the cover and the smooth fabric means that it slips easily into my pocket or bag. My wife was so impressed she immediately decided to order one for herself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 5:00 PM BST

The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets
The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets

5.0 out of 5 stars Interest provoking book, 28 Feb 2014
I greatly enjoyed Format's last theorem so was eager to read more by the same author. This was almost as good -I might even watch the Simpsons now!!

Hawaii or the Caribbean?: A guide to choosing your perfect island
Hawaii or the Caribbean?: A guide to choosing your perfect island

5.0 out of 5 stars Great freebe, 28 Feb 2014
This book was just what we were needing. We wanted to make a tour in the Caribbean and this was the perfect way to start. Just enough info to help with this initial planning. We had visited Hawaii so knew that the author/s had similar taste to us. Now we can move on to some more detailed planning.

Dolphins Under My Bed
Dolphins Under My Bed

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok - just, 17 Oct 2013
I should have read the other reviews before buying this! On the positive side, the book is easy to read and does give some insight into cruising. Just like others, however, I found the negativity irritating. To be fair, the book is dated and a lot has changed in the last 20 years since this journey was undertaken, but.....my advice to the author would be, if you don't like other people, don't write about them! It also worries me that this gives sailing a bad press. We sail off the French coast and although there is the odd time when we meet the difficulties described, mainly it is a real pleasure and we meet lovely people. Please don't let this put you off!

Cape Verde (Other Places Travel Guide)
Cape Verde (Other Places Travel Guide)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too slim, 9 Sep 2013
My fault - I should have looked more carefully, but the information in this book is very sketchy and not that helpful in planning a visit.

The Presidentís Hat
The Presidentís Hat

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle read, 9 Sep 2013
I loved this! A really gentle read - but I did learn a little about French politics of the time. Now I've read it in English, I would have liked to brush up my French by reading it in the original - sadly this is not available on Kindle yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3