Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "rob_bhafc" (Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Messages: OMD Greatest Hits
Messages: OMD Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars A Greatest Hits CD, 12 Jun. 2015
What a Bargain! How anybody can moan about this is beyond me.

£2.99. Delivered. A Greatest Hits CD. A 31 song Video DVD. Ripped MP3s of the CD. Some of the videos are of poor (ish) quality but it was the early 80s and VHS quality video was all we had. Enjoy the music for £2.99 and the rest is a bonus. If you are an OMD fan you'll enjoy this bargain-I know I did.

Buy it.

Atdoshop Tri-Fold Ultra Slim Stand Case Cover for 7" HP Stream 7 Tablet PC New (Black)
Offered by Malloom®

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and good protection., 20 April 2015
Good fit, seems well made but boy what a wait for delivery hence 4 stars instead of 5. All the cut outs are in the right places and the Tab fits in the case -very snuggly in fact so it looks like it will offer good protection. Screen cover is held closed by 2 magnets, again, good protection. My only issue is with the slow delivery but for the price I suppose there's no cause to moan really. I would buy from this company again based on this item.

Mens 5540 Gents Tan Designer Real Sheep Nappa Soft Lambskin Leather Jacket (2XL)
Offered by Boutique England

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the sizing., 16 April 2015
The jacket itself appears to be very well made. Sizing is the issue. I am a 42" Chest, 36" Waist and about 6'1" so not exactly the Jolly Green Giant. I ordered the size according to their guide-X X which is supposed to cover 45" to 47" Chest. I could barely do the zip up and it was very tight to say the least. The supplier agreed to exchange for a XXL and even that is a little snug so my warning would be to go 2 sizes above your normal sizing.

In terms of quality I'd say you will not be disappointed. Being a bit of a cynic I went looking for evidence that the materials used were leather. I was looking for a seam or join where it would be obvious that the jacket was 100% leather. The seams and joins are so well finished that there is none of the usual signs of leather. It does smell of leather now but when delivered it didn't.

My only issue is with the lining which is a bit padded so I expect it to be very warm in the summer. This is possibly why mine is such a snug fit. I didn't mind this the other night though when the temperature dropped.

Seller was helpful regarding the exchange and the jacket looks like it is well made and should last a few years-the 4 stars is simply down to the small sizing which meant having to pfaff about returning the original one I received.

Starhide Mens Designer High Quality Luxury Soft Leather Trifold Wallet Purse - 115 (Brown)
Offered by WALLETS KING

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 10 April 2015
First impressions are very favourable. Finding a wallet that holds all of 'necessary' cards and loyalty cards, i.d., license, etc., and doesn't make your backside look like that Money Supermarket guy's is difficult. This, for me, is perfect because despite being tri-fold it is not bulky like others I have tried. All available slots have been filled including 3 pieces in the mesh section and a few additional cards in the hidden slots/pockets and the wallet is still comfortable in my pocket. My only complaint, more an observation really and not aimed at this manufacturer specifically is: Why put a zippered coin section in a wallet? Does anybody actually put coins in them? The zipper is annoying (for me). I'll still give this 5 stars though despite that niggle. Seems to be well made, genuine leather and comfortable in my pocket (Unlike the many I tried before finding this one).

Genuine Samsung Micro USB Sync Cable / Data Cable / Charging Cable / Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Ace Duos , Ace Plus, Ace, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Mini 2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S, S Plus, S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4 I9500 (No Retail Package)
Offered by Gadgets Hut UK

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate being conned, 19 Mar. 2015
Item arrived quickly-that's the positive out of the way.

I hate being conned, even for £2.35 or whatever it is. This is not a genuine Samsung product and Amazon should be getting to grips with all of the knock off goods being sold as genuine.

Pronto! Let's cook Italian in 20 minutes
Pronto! Let's cook Italian in 20 minutes
by Gino D'Acampo

4.0 out of 5 stars Some very good ideas in this book., 4 Dec. 2014
ThIs book is well laid out and I like the fact that recipes by main ingredient is easily found-unlike some books where, for example, chicken recipes are all over the place. Gino (or his editor) has kept it simple and easy to quickly find a meal for when you get home from work. Recipes look good although I've only tried one so farI know there will many more used soon. Not too many 'will never try that' dishes so overall I'm very pleased with the book. Only 4 stars because there isn't a 4 1/2 option.

Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle - Stainless Steel
Russell Hobbs 20460 Buckingham Quiet Boil Kettle - Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Want Metallic tasting tea/coffee? This kettle's for you., 4 Dec. 2014
Agree with others saying the metallic/plasticky taste is horrible.

I had a similar problem with a Bosch kettle which was returned after a week of use because of the foul taste despite the use of filtered water. Had to retrieve my old Kenwood kettle until I returned the Bosch one to Sainsbury. No metallic taste despite the kettle sitting in my loft for 2 years.

Back to Sainsbury, exchange the Bosch for this Russell Hobbs which is priced about the same (not cheap in my opinion). Get home fully expecting good tasting tea after the initial boil and rinse recommendation. FOUL TASTE again making it impossible to drink my tea. Go online, do some research, turns out this is a common problem across brands. Tips to resolve the problem included boiling water with some white vinegar added so did that, metallic taste still there. Next tip was add lemon juice to the water, boil and rinse. Still tasted metallic. Another favourite solution was 2 tablespoons of Sodium Bicarbonate to half a kettle full of water, boil and let stand overnight, empty, rinse and the taste will be gone.

Did all of the above and the taste is still present.

I am now looking for a kettle made anywhere apart from China because being made in China appears to be the common denominator for this problem.

My advice to potential buyers would be to follow my lead and find a non-Chinese manufactured kettle.

All ruddy annoying because everything else is good. It's quiet, boils quickly, good capacity, looks good but the taste is unacceptable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2015 6:17 PM GMT

Microfibre Cloths 10 Pack White, Large Super Soft Clay:Roberts Premium Fibre, Washable Cloth Duster for Car, Motorbike, Domestic Appliances, Industrial use
Offered by Daily Buy

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality compared to the Excel brand that I bought ..., 20 Nov. 2014
The old adage of getting what you pay for is appropriate here. I was fooled into thinking the cloths ordered would resemble the photo used which is clearly not the case. The ones I received came in an envelope thinner than ones used for books which should tell you how thin they are.

Very poor quality compared to the Excel brand that I bought recently but I guess the price reflects the difference in quality. The Excel branded cloths actually look like the ones in Daily Buys photo. I will not be ordering more and for £3.99 I can't be bothered to return them for a refund. Harsh review? Maybe, but the product received looks nothing like their photo and things like that annoy me.

If these cloths have an rrp of £9.99 then I'm a Dutchman...

Philips AquaTouch Shaver AT899/16, Wet and Dry Fully Waterproof Shaver with Flexing Heads

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst shaving rash ever with this shaver, 26 Sept. 2014
Worst shaving rash ever with this shaver. Spoke to Philips who at first suggested they replace the shaving head, only to find they had neither a replacement shaver or shaving heads with no estimate for delivery to their warehouse. Whilst on hold I looked at reviews on here and found that shaving rash is an issue with this model-this was indicated to the Philips Customer Service person I was speaking to. He said that maybe I should contact Amazon for replacement or refund and if no progress through doing this then contact Philips again.

Based on my personal experience with this product I would have given it zero stars if that option was available. I threw out my old Braun shaver which this replaced and I have to say that in all of the years (9 or 10) I used it I never once had a shaving rash.

The suggestion was also made to try it as a wet shaver or use after shave gel to soothe my skin which is not really the solution I was looking for, especially as now I've discovered many more people with the same problem.

Cannot recommend this product at all-sorry Philips.

Accessotech Complete 30 Piece Professional Screwdriver Set for Apple MacBook Pro Laptop

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
Poor quality mild steel but for the price I paid that was to be expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3