Profile for Claire > Reviews

Content by Claire

Claire "czeshirecat"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
DOUBLE LAYER BEAUTY CLEAR ACRYLIC COSMETIC DRAWER / MAKE UP NAIL POLISH VARNISH DISPLAY STAND / ORGANISER / RACK / HOLDER CAN ALSO BE USED FOR MAKEUP BRUSH SETS, JEWELLERY AND ARTS AND CRAFT - 20 SECTIONS
Offered by OrangeLeaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for vapers, 18 Jun. 2016
I bought it for using on my desk to store my vaping bits and pieces. The lipstick holders are ideal size for keeping the 10ml bottles and the other bits, eg spare atomisers, pens and chargers, store nicely in the drawers. At last no more leaks.

Vype ePen Black (2nd Generation - 2016 Release) - Sold by Meds at Home
Vype ePen Black (2nd Generation - 2016 Release) - Sold by Meds at Home
Offered by medsathomepharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality marred by greed., 3 Jun. 2016
I have the 1st generation epen, but looking at their web site my gripe doesn't look solved and nobody else has reviewed, hence I'm putting in my opinion as a warning.
It's a lovely quality device and I bought it for £20 from WH Smiths as an 'emergency'. I assumed it would work similarly to other vape pens where you buy bottles of liquid and refill as required. Visibly inspecting the package contents wasn't possible because of all the wrappings.
But no. There's no separate atomizer in the pen. The atomizer, oddly in these days where we're supposed to be looking after the environment, is part of a wee pointy cartridge along with a small quantity of liquid. No thanks, I don't mind replacing atomizers when they burn out, but not waste resources for no reason besides the manufacturer wanting a closed market.
It's only taken me a day of frequent use to empty the cartridge, which (unless you cheat and follow videos on youtube to refill) you throw away then fit a new one. Cartridges are approx £7 for 3 and there's no indication of volume of liquid.
So, I think I'll lick my wounds and toss it as I can buy 10ml of decent vape for £3+ which lasts me for several days.
If I'm wrong and the 2nd generation cartridge is different then I hold my hands up and give a glowing review, but Ive only seen one type of cartridge on offer.

Royal Canin Mini Dermacomfort 10.0 kg
Royal Canin Mini Dermacomfort 10.0 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to be working, or is it the change in dog beautician?, 18 May 2016
The trouble with itchy dogs that look perfectly ok, yet have scratched since they were pups, is that it's uncertain whether it was a change in the food if their itching does actually improve. She has the occasional flecky mad moment, but nowhere near as much as she used to. This is maybe 6 months since we switched to this food.

Sleep Headphones - With Velcro Adjustable Headband- COZY Comfortable Soft Headphones for Sleeping - Perfect for Air Travel, Sports, Relaxation, Meditation and Relief from Insomnia (Black)
Offered by Firik EU Deals

Alba FLUOLYS E27 20 Watt Flourescent Tube Wood Floor Lamp, Black
Alba FLUOLYS E27 20 Watt Flourescent Tube Wood Floor Lamp, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a construction!, 13 May 2016
I bought this to replace an annoying mother and child lamp with a long halogen bulb that had cost me more in failing bulbs than the original lamp had cost. Despite wearing gloves the bulbs seemed to explode every few weeks. So I wanted a lamp that wasn't halogen and didn't look the same as every other lamp around.
This one is much chunkier than the piccy would suggest, and heavier. The youngish, fit, delivery man had a face like he was suffering an acute hernia as he lugged it out of the van ;)
The box it came in was approx the same size as a deep, medium suitcase. The lamp was polystyrene encased and broken down into 3 short pieces of hollow stand, solid heavy base, lamp shade and the power cable ran through all the pieces. The box stated 15-16 kg although advertised as 10kg. The weight's in the base to stop it falling over. To fit it together I just needed to slide the pieces into position, tighten up the cable as each piece was joined together and screw them up, easy peasy.
It's over 6ft tall. The shade is boat shaped, 1930s style, made from thick translucent glass and 50cm (1'6") across. Relatively enormous compared to other uplighters on the market.
4 * E27 edison screw, 16cm long, energy saver bulbs were supplied but the bulb holders are laid horizontally in such a manner that the curved shade prevents you inserting them. We just about managed to fit one bulb. If they'd angled the bulb holders upwards a little then it wouldn't have been a problem.
Although the lamp takes 4 bulbs its obvious that, even using 20W energy savers, so many would be powerful enough to light a car park so we plan to fill only 2 of the holders. We've ordered some shorter, narrower bulbs to replace them. One thing I didn't like, but it may be no problem, is that there's a couple of, what appears to be, wire ends wrapped in insulating tape poking up between the bulbs.
The lamp base itself is quite thick. The top end is approx 5cm diameter narrowing gradually downwards to 3cm at the base. Top and bottom thirds of the base are black, matte, rough textured painted metal. The middle of the tube is silk varnished wood. I didn't study the foot but I think it's solid metal.
A feature I love is the switch. Its a 5cm round black box, with a button, that lies on the floor so you can just step on it to turn the lamp on and off. Not a dimmer switch.
The power plug is two pin so sis dug out an old razor adapter from a drawer somewhere and voila, it works great.
Despite the minor problems I love the lamp as it's unusual. It would look best in a large space. I'd happily order another. I knocked the point off it only because of the insulated wire ends, non uk plug and the need to buy replacement bulbs.
The first lamp I ordered vanished somewhere in the post. The sellers did their best for me and another arrived today. Thank you sellers :)

Beautiful Butterfly Voile Cafe/Kitchen/Restaurant Net Curtain/Panel 12", 24", 30", 36", 72", 83" & Triangles (Drops) (PAIR of Triangle Panels)
Offered by MoMo's Little Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely voiles, 11 May 2016
It's a very light, delicate pair of white, "triangular" voile nets. The butterflies at the top are approx 8cm across, stiff (good thing), and sit up beautifully along the curtain rod. I've stretched the pair over a 82cm (32") rod. At first I thought they wouldn't be wide enough (usually buy curtains 2-3 times the width of the rod) but because the butterflies are a decent size, they lay flat along the rod with just a little space between them and show themselves off nicely. The other butterflies are of a varying size.

Beech and Aluminium Kitchen, Dessert, Dining, Bathroom, Serving, BBQ, Drink Foldable Trolley Rack / Folding Table with Castors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great furniture spoiled by terrible, non standard sized, tiny castors., 3 May 2016
This is a great value piece of furniture spoiled by the castors which aren't of a standard size if you need to replace them.
One was the wrong size when I received the trolley, but the seller very quickly replaced it.
Next I managed to break the new one just by pulling along a carpet, not realizing it had brakes. I searched but couldn't find any that were M5 in size. Smallest anybody sells is M8 and I don't have taps/dies to recut a hole.
The sellers were fantastic, I emailed them for info on where I could buy this size of castor and they pulled one from a returned trolley and sent that to me free of charge. I'm so pleased with them! Thank you very much.
The castors are rubbish tho, even tho Ive taken the brakes off the trolley moves really badly on carpet. I won't knock off any stars for this as otherwise Im delighted with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2016 8:49 AM BST

Genuine Piranha Bonito Cupboard 3 shelves Storage Cabinet Matching our Range of Home Office Furniture PC6b
Offered by Piranha Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 21 April 2016
This is a marvellous, 15mm mdf, flat pack piece of furniture, and Im so pleased with it that we'll be ordering another one.
I enjoy building flatpack and It took me about 3hrs on my own (using an ironing board as my workbench) despite it recommending 2 people (the pooches offered no help but found the whole experience exciting, Rosie offered me her best stick and Mojo tried to eat the sweeping brush) , but I'm female and a bit old n creaky. A youngster would knock it up in less time. I did need help to pick it up once it was built, but most men would probably have little trouble there.
A little bag of spare fastenings came with it, which I needed as one of the cam bolt fixing screws was smooth down its whole length.
The only slight problem I had was that both lid and base had identical holes drilled which were about 1-2mm out of kilter. A small design flaw. Some swearing, squeezing and standing it upright to place those parts got past that.
The screw-on feet can be used to adjust the levelling where flooring is thicker next to walls.
The back was the usual hardboard, but there are bracers top and bottom and its held in place by grooves and marked with holes to screw it, rather than pin tacks, to the shelves behind. So that felt more substantial than usual.
I only needed to adjust the doors up and down a little to center them, the hinges are kitchen furniture type with some horizontal adjustment screws but I didn't need to use them.
I just wish the seller would put all the colour options on the advert. I thought this was the only option until after I'd ordered. To see other colours, visit the traders link.
Delivery was fast. Packaged well with polystyrene.

eSecure - Large 416 x CD DVD Disc Storage Wallet Holder Carry Case with Carry Handle - Massive 416 Disc Capacity!
Offered by DOMU Marketplace

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 20 April 2016
Ive a library of over 500 dvds, decided I wanted my bookcase back, and I spent sunday filling one of these bags with the first batch.
I purchase my first bag (black zip) about 12 months ago. I've put nothing but dvds in there (no booklets). When filled, the first bag was a bit of a struggle to zip up. There's a strain on the zip when fastened and tbh I was surprised it didn't split the teeth.
Even so, I made a repeat order and received this one (blue zip) today, compared sizes, and I've noticed it's not as deep as the previous bag. It appears at least 1cm (1/2") shallower. So I'll be surprised if it holds 400 disks. To fix it I plan to move several sheets of disks from old to new bag just to release the strain.
As there's so many disks in the bag, its such a size and weight that already I feel unlikely to browse the bag. I think that maybe 200 is a better size.
A "U" shape is cut from the front of each pocket to aid insertion, but not removed. Dampen your thumb and theyre easy to tear off.

[Programmable] VicTsing Thunderbird 11 Buttons Wired Gaming Mouse 4000 DPI, 1000Hz Return-Rate with 8 Weights for Pro Gamer & Office - Red
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive for the price., 19 April 2016
solid, good config software, several extra configurable buttons. Comes with weights. Fabric lead. Amazing value for money. I hope the manufacturers keep making these. Can change the led colour scheme but that's a big gimmicky.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16