Profile for AdamZA > Reviews

Content by AdamZA

AdamZA

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meter) - White (Compatible with iPhone 5 to 6, iPad Air / iPad mini / mini 2 / iPad 4th gen., iPod nano 7th gen.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not quite Jagielka! - A good product but don't expect it to last, 10 Oct 2014
I purchased this Lightning cable on the 2nd Aug 2014 and it's lasted 2 months. The cable has started to come apart at the lightning connector end.

The cable is thicker than the standard Apple cable and this is good. More charge flows through the cable because it is thicker so it does charge faster. I have charged and compared.

The length of this is the main selling point for me - I purchased the 1.8m cable and it's obviously much more convenient than the standard cable which Apple supplies. At first I thought it was sturdier too but with the thickness of the cable, I expected it to come loose - just maybe not in 2 months!

Will I buy another one? Maybe... As I said the length is the selling point and if I simply put the phone on the floor to charge, didn't use it while charging and left it next to the plug so the cable was flat and didn't bend then the cable would probably last forever. But then I may as well buy any old cable and it would also last forever. I will probably try and change my charging habits a little to prolong the life of this cable - it's something that as a buyer you should consider.

By comparison, with the same practices, my Apple cable lasted about a year and a half.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2014 6:20 PM BST

Body Sculpture Leather Weight Training Gloves - Medium
Body Sculpture Leather Weight Training Gloves - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, 18 Feb 2014
The gloves are of ok quality. Used now for a few weeks and they've not torn. I lift moderate weights (not exactly a power lifter!) and these have done the job. I'm not sure how long they will last since the grip is already wearing out a bit. The grip is ok but not fantastic. Basically you get what you pay for. Good enough for the price to earn 4 stars

Wenko 19444100 370 ml 10 x 16.5 x 9.4 cm Soap Dispenser Polaris Ceramic, Dark Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 18 Feb 2014
I'd rate this 0 if possible! The product arrived well packaged but faulty. Filled the dispenser up with liquid soap and it travels about halfway up the 'straw' and gets stuck and no matter what I do, won't go any further. So this doesn't actually dispense soap! Not worth the hassle arranging a return and probably going straight in the bin. Unlucky unit for me, hopefully not for you

Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly impressed, 12 Jun 2012
New to the world of DSLR photography, I was looking for a tripod which would allow me to get good, stable shots, without flash as well as ease of taking group shots where I was part of the group!

I looked on Amazon extensively, not knowing what specification to look for, what price point was reasonable and what tripods would actually support the DSLR's weight, especially if I was to purchase a zoom lens. I also couldn't decide whether to get a mini tripod as well as a full sized one to ensure that I can carry one around with me. From what I could gather, no mini tripod would support the weight of the DSLR and lens reliably and so I opted to purchase this tripod. As with most things, the more you pay, the better the item is and, with this product £36 against the MRRP of £70, I knew that this would be good quality.

From first impressions, the tripod is compact, lightweight and therefore makes a great travelling tripod. That's not to say it would fit in a backpack, unless you have a really large one. However, with its own carrying case with shoulder strap, the inconvenience is minimised - personally, I wouldn't take it with me around a city, for example, unless I was expecting to use it a few times. The tripod also has small spikes at the end of each leg, making it perfect if you're on terrain where you need to dig into the ground for that extra stability. These spikes can be extended and retracted. There is also a hook to add weights to the bottom of the tripod - again, increasing stability in more challenging conditions.

What made this product suitable for me was the variations in height and angle possible. With the legs retracted and the angle increased, the tripod lies very close to the ground - perfect for macro shots and, perhaps, table top use (though you'd need a lot of table space!). Fully extended (legs and centre column), this tripod is maybe around 165cm. You can secure the tripod at any height in between. The ball head can be fastened at any angle and is perfect for portrait photos and there is a spirit level to ensure you always get level shots when needed.

I use this with a Canon EOS 1100D and also with this wireless remote shutter: 100m 16 Channels Wireless Remote Shutter Control for Canon 60D 1000D 300D 350D 400D 450D 500D 550D 600D,G10 G11,Pentax k200d,K100d,k110d,K20d,K10d,KM,K2000,K7,Contax DSLR Cameras as RS-60E3 100 meters which makes it perfect for group shots and now I never need to worry about the self timer again!

Overall, I can't recommend this tripod enough for anyone just getting started with a DSLR looking for their first tripod, as well as for professionals as a travel tripod.

I will edit the review should I find anything else worth mentioning whilst using!

Russell Hobbs 17936 Sandwich Maker
Russell Hobbs 17936 Sandwich Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars Good price, terrible product, 29 May 2011
Purchased this from Amazon and the same day it arrived, I arranged for its return.

Firstly, the sandwich maker is quite small - you have to cut your bread just to get it to fit - this isn't the case with most sandwich makers. So that was a bad start.

Unfortunately, I think I received a defective unit which just wouldn't toast the bread. I left my sandwich in there for half an hour and the end result was a soggy sandwich which was only toasted partially on one half...

I purchased this afterwards: Breville TR52 2 Slice Sandwich Toaster

This Breville sandwich maker is much better - justifying its high premium.

If you only want a small sandwich maker and you're lucky enough not to get a defective one, then this is for you. If not, look elsewhere and to a higher price tag and you're less likely to be disappointed.