Profile for Rupert, South London > Reviews

Content by Rupert, South ...

Rupert, South London

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 7 Feb. 2016
Worked for a while and then power became intermittent. Green power light stopped coming on, Surface not charging. Started to crackle. Now in bin. Not surprised that it's no longer available.

Inateck Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Microsoft Surface Pro, Android Tablet PC/ Samsung Galaxy Tab & Smart Phone | Built-in Lithium Battery with Up to 4 Months Standby - Black
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, just one issue, 5 Mar. 2015
It's a good quality keyboard, very solid, perfect size for portability, nice to type on. The only problem I have is that it does seem to "go to sleep" after only a few minutes non-use and then it takes a little while to reconnect over Bluetooth (I'm using it with a Sony Xperia Tablet). If you don't type anything for a few minutes, you then have to bash away a the keyboard for what can often be 20-30 seconds to get it back to life and reconnected. You get used to it, but it would be helpful if you could set it not to disconnect so quickly.

Base London Actor Shoes Black 10 UK
Base London Actor Shoes Black 10 UK
Offered by SOLETRADER-OUTLET
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars Left shoe is fine. I thought it would ease with time but ..., 2 Mar. 2015
Painfully tight across my right foot (and my feet are not especially wide). Left shoe is fine. I thought it would ease with time but it hasn't, the leather hasn't stretched. A nice enough shoe but pointless if it doesn't fit.

Juice Cables [Apple MFi Certified] Lightning to USB Cable Sync Charging Lead for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5, 5c, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 3 4, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad 4G, iPod Touch 5G, Nano 7G 1.2M / 4ft - White
Offered by Gadget_Juice

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 2 Mar. 2015
Bought this because the last cable I had started off OK but then stopped delivering charge after a couple of months. So far this has worked fine, but I haven't had it for long.

Lightning Cable [Apple MFi Certified], TeckNet 1.5M Apple Lightning to USB Cable For Apple iPhone 6S /6S plus/6/SE/5s/5c/5,iPad,iPad Air /Air 2, iPad mini1/mini2/mini3/mini4,iPad Pro,and iPod Nano 7th generation
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 7 Feb. 2015
I bought this 1.5m version to charge my phone overnight - extra length means I can still have it next to the bed. Works perfectly and seems to charge quickly. I've come across plenty of third party leads for iPhones/iPods/iPads which have had problems, but this has been fine for charging.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Polar I've owned, 14 Dec. 2014
I've used Polar products for the past 8 years or so, starting with the F6 and then moving up to the excellent FT80 about three years ago (I liked being able to analyse the HR curve after a session). I toyed with the idea of getting a polar loop to track sleep and other activity but decided I didn't want to wear two gadgets. Then out comes the Polar M400 which is both a sophisticated heart rate monitor and an activity/sleep tracker. It's absolutely brilliant.

Over and above the usual Polar quality and rich array of features, for me the really good things are:

* user-customisable screens for each exercise activity. These are fantastic - you can choose exactly what you want to appear on the face for - say - running and arrange them how you wish. Distance/speed/average speed/HR/average HR etc. And then set it up completely different for a different sport (eg indoor rowing where you don't need GPS). Each activity has a number of different screen so you can set multiple faces.

* ability to keep the backlight on during a session. As a rower in often semi-dark conditions, both of my hands are tied up and it's a nuisance to keep having to take a hand off the handle and press the backlight button on the watch. That's a thing of the past and the numbers are clear and easy to read,

* activity tracking/% target feature good to get an idea of how much you've moved during the course of a day (and how you've slept). All pretty straightforward and easy to view.

* synchronisation is quick and easy - either wireless or through the micro USB cable.

* The Polar Flow app is good, and the web interface even better. In particular You can select any sections you like of an exercise session and see your average/max HR times for just that section - great for interval work. Good graphs for monthly/weekly analysis. I have a lot of old data on the Polar Personal Trainer App and I hope they are going to make it possible to bring this over onto Polar Flow, or vice versa).

Minor downsides are:

* the Bluetooth Smart cheststrap can only hook up with one device at a time, meaning that you can't use the belt to transmit simultaneously to the M400 and my Concept 2 rowing machine monitor (I used to be able to do this with the FT80 belt which was non-bluetooth). But it's not a big issue in the scheme of things.

* a bit more transparency about/control over some of the energy assumptions would be nice. It shows your "calories burned" at any point of the day, factoring in your basal metabolic rate, steps/activity plus any exercise sessions. However there doesn't seem to be a way to change you BMR if you happen to know what it is (I do, and it is a lot lower than the watch thinks, so I am actually burning fewer calories per day than it shows).

It seems to be positioned mainly as a runners' watch, but my main exercise is on the indoor rowing machine and it's just as good for that. It's comfortable to wear and recharges quickly. Despite the very minor quibbles, I'm delighted. It was also cheaper than my FT80 so excellent value too, especially if you already have the Bluetooth 4 chestbelt.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 11:37 PM GMT

Eminent Hipsters
Eminent Hipsters
by Donald Fagen

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Eminent Hipsters (Hardcover)
What a concentrated package of delight this is - everything I'd hoped for and more. A collection of essays which chart the esoteric territory of DF's 50s & 60s jazz, sci-fi, movie, literary and other cultural influences and then bring us up to date with his reflections on life on the road from a rather more seasoned perspective. Erudite, acute, and laugh out loud funny at times, this is a real gem from start to finish. He started out thinking he might become a journalist, and it's not hard to see why. But thank the Lord he followed the music.

There, I managed to write all that without saying "sardonic" once.

JUSTOP JSound 03 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones Headset With Built-in MIC, Bluetooth V3.0 +EDR Supports A2DP, Noise Cancellation, Over-head style for Samsung HTC Nokia LG and Apple iPhone 4 4s 5 5s 6 , iPad 1 2 3 4 Mini, Skype, MSN.
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for wireless audio in the gym, 20 Nov. 2013
I rarely write reviews but having owned a Jaybird Sportsband and then the Justop, my experience is that they both last about a year with very heavy gym use/sweating and are also identical in pretty much every other respect, including sound quality. So weighing up £20 for the Justop v £85+ for the Jaybird is a pretty easy exercise, if that's the sort of use you're going to make of it and you accept that neither will last.

Sunoptic R19 Strength +1.50 Reading Glasses with Pouch Black
Sunoptic R19 Strength +1.50 Reading Glasses with Pouch Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you need, 15 Sept. 2013
If, like me, you're not a full time glasses wearer but often need readers at vital moments, that means you will often lose them as well. These are perfect for me as they are good quality, reasonably stylish, reasonably hard wearing - and cheap. I have four on the go - one at work, one by the bed, one at my desk etc. I've only broken one pair over the last year, so they're not rubbish. If I lose one or it breaks I just get another. It would be good if they did 1/4 sizes too.

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to VGA Male to Female Adapter in White
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this in order to be be able to hook up my Microsoft Surface to a second monitor. It does that job perfectly, connecting to a VGA cable which then connects to the monitor. That's about all there is to say.

Page: 1 | 2