Profile for outdoors del > Reviews

iPod Touch 5G 5 Real Leather Case Black
iPod Touch 5G 5 Real Leather Case Black
Offered by gadgetaccess

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay, 26 Dec. 2012
A reasonable fit and all necessary cutouts are there. But poor quality, hard leather. There's so little on the market for the new iPod Touch at present and I was impatient to find something. I'll look out for a better case/cover now. The device is so good that it deserves better quality than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2012 4:29 PM GMT

Brahms: Piano Trios
Brahms: Piano Trios

4.0 out of 5 stars A family matter, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Brahms: Piano Trios (Audio CD)
To have close friend or family members (as here) playing chamber music is usually a bonus. The Capucon brothers are superb musicians and the feeling of unity in these performances is a great asset. Perhaps they are a little hesitant at times and Brahms needs to be played with great projection and warmth. Nevertheless a most enjoyable disc.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A great set of phones, 18 Dec. 2011
I'm very pleased with this product. The sound is full and detailed. The bass response is excellent considering the necessarily small size of the drivers. Some reduction in ambient noise is achieved due to the fit in the ears (as long as you have the correct tips), but clearly not as good as noise cancelling headphones. They certainly punch above their price. Personally I will probably not use them for long periods as I'm not that keen on them so deep in my ears. Fine for short periods, but not for long ones, but that's probably just my hang up rather than a criticism of the phones.

Edifier Life Style E1100 Plus 2.1 3pce Speaker System 2 X 5W Satellites + 12W Rms Sub

1.0 out of 5 stars You can't be serious!, 11 Dec. 2011
I'm mystified as to why so many people like this item. I always suspect people rate items highly as they don't like to admit anything they chose was a mistake! To me (and I'm used to listening to reasonable hi-fi) this is absolute rubbish. The bass is boomy and pitch vague. The small speakers sound like the worst 'transistor' radios of a generation ago. Indeed they distort at even low sound levels. Did I have a faulty sample? I wasn't prepared to take the risk and try again. I have a Microsoft Sound System that is long in the tooth and was playing up after I bought a new PC. Hence the new purchase. Bad move!
So the Edifier went back (anything more inappropriately named I can't imagine!). After much playing around I got the venerable Microsoft System to work again. Sanity restored.

Maxsimafoto® LCD Pro Glass Screen Protector for Canon 50D 5D MKII.
Maxsimafoto® LCD Pro Glass Screen Protector for Canon 50D 5D MKII.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 28 Feb. 2011
Be very careful how you stick this on! The plastic protective film obscured the edges of the screen as I tried to fit this. As a result it wasn't a good fit on first attempt. The blurb said it could easily be removed so I tried. The glass of the protector then shattered and it now lies in the waste bin. The plastic protector that I had removed was unuseable so I'm worse off than before! Money wasted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2011 7:50 PM BST

Great Mountain Days in Snowdonia: 40 Classic Routes Exploring Snowdonia
Great Mountain Days in Snowdonia: 40 Classic Routes Exploring Snowdonia
by Terry Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring guide book, 4 Feb. 2011
This is not a book to take on the hill. It's too large and the format would be too fragile. But as a book to inspire you at home it's excellent. The routes are all sensible - I've done nearly all of them already - but by no means exhaustive. The maps used are Harvey maps with the route shown as a red dashed line, though it's a pity you have to look hard to find the direction arrows. Each route starts with a panel giving basic information. What I also find very useful are the 3D sketches of the route. The photographs too are excellent, though perhaps a few more taken in winter would be interesting. But I guess most users will be walking on warmer, snow free days. As a coffee table book to give you ideas for a great day on the hills I can thoroughly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 5:34 PM BST

Rossini: Stabat Mater
Rossini: Stabat Mater

5.0 out of 5 stars A great performance, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Rossini: Stabat Mater (Audio CD)
Somehow Rossini's style seems far from ideal for this subject matter. If you can accept the rather jolly atmosphere there is much to enjoy in this music. The gem here, however, is the singing. All four soloists are superb and the a capella singing is amazing. Pappano guides his orchestra and chorus in his usual impeccable manner so that the whole experience is truly uplifting.

Page: 1 | 2