Profile for titiprime > Reviews

The Hillman Group 35049 Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 6 x 1 1/2-Inch, 100-Pack
The Hillman Group 35049 Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 6 x 1 1/2-Inch, 100-Pack
Offered by NORDPC

5.0 out of 5 stars My PS3 does not sound like it going to take off, 21 Oct 2014
I bought this to replace the paste on 1x laptop, 1x PS3 and 2x desktops. In every cases, the paste performing very well (there is a drop in temperature of 10 degree C on average).

My PS3 does not sound like it going to take off, my laptop does not burn my legs any more and both of my desktops are quieter (one was quiet to start with). When you clean your CPU or your heat sink, the anti-clean 1 smell lemon which is quiet good after you turn you PC ON.

The instructions are clear, simple and give you some tips. If you got to their website the pdf is very well done. If like me you have a lot of PCs/consoles then it a very good bargain (£10). So far I used it for 7 devices (3 PCs belonging to my family) and I still have plenty left.

I will gladly recommend this product cause of the quality and value for momey (as long as it's around £10).

WD 750 GB 2.5-inch SATA Internal Hard Drive - Black
WD 750 GB 2.5-inch SATA Internal Hard Drive - Black
Offered by mopodo-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars If you do a lot of engineering and a bit of gaming, 21 Oct 2014
bought that one to keep an existing and original Hard Disk Driver (HP Elitebook 8450p, 320 GB) , This Hard Disk Driver (HDD) is recognised as a 700 GB under window 7 and 725 GB when using Ubuntu (formatting of the HDD I guess).

I chose this hard driver cause I have to install heavy applications on it (Matlab 2013a, Labview 2012, Solid Edge ST6, Visual studio 2010) as well as windows 7 64-bit, office 2010 + updates and ubuntu 14.04 LTS. In term of space and speed the HDD fit my requirements.

So far I don't have any issue with it, easy to install and I did not have to install any driver or configure the BIOS of my laptop to get it work.

So far my OS respond very well. Like the old one the HDD is very silent and it does not make any noise at all. transferring 30 GB of Data from My external HDD and my old HDD to that one went really well and fast less than 10 mins if I remember correctly.

Because I do a lot of engineering and play some emulators on it (NES, SNES, PS1 and NEO-GEO), I hope this HDD will last for a very long time. I will keep you up to date if it fail.

Dual Analog Wireless Joystick Game Pad Controller for Nintendo Wii U Pro Black
Dual Analog Wireless Joystick Game Pad Controller for Nintendo Wii U Pro Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap alternative with no difference with the official product, 4 Aug 2014
I have this controller for a month now and I can say I am satisfy with my purchase so far. I previously bought that controller (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-GC-2-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B00BB9GKB2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t) but it died on me and have to send it back.

When I received it I was not very impress with the packaging due to the traces of impacts and thought the controller will be defective as result of it.

I would suggest to charge the battery for 1 or 2 hours before the first time use. The controller is easy to connection with the Wii u and does not involve any technical knowledge. Switch on the Wii U (if not already on), wait until the booting is finish, push the sync button on the console and push the sync button on the gamepad. On the side note, I noticed the sync button on the controller is a bit more complicate to push compare to the Gioteck.

Looking at the controller it does look like the official minus the logo.

The morphology of the gamepad is very well design (I guess since they have been highly inspired by the original, it have to be good). I seat around 2.5 m - 3m away from the console which is set at a lower level than my seating level. I tried the pad with Injustice god among us and the command are really responsive.

The battery give you a lot of play time, so for I think I managed to get 70+ hours on a single charge.

Most of the cheap alternative are above £15, when I brought it the price was around £13. I would have expect a lot of fingerprints marks when using it (like the gamepad) but I did not see that much.

Now one may wonder if this controller can work on the wii. I have a Wii next to my Wii U and I tried to see if the controller can be connect to it (by curiosity only). As advertised it won't work on the wii which is normal since the controller if for the Wii U only. If I go back to the comparison with the Gioteck this lack of "function" can be see as a laid down. Now don't get me wrong I wish it would have some sort of compatibility but I would not pay £30 to get it and that's not the end of the world for me.

Overall it’s a very good controller well priced (as long as it stay <£15 mark) and if I need another extra controller I would order another one without any hesitation.

Happy (From "Despicable Me 2")
Happy (From "Despicable Me 2")

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Happy tooo, 23 July 2014
this will be a very quick review. you hear that song everywhere and it has to be say it make you happy. it a very good feeling song which is catchy and can motivate you especially the morning.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2 meters Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars I like other HDMi cable but I like this one better, 24 Jun 2014
I tested this cable with a desktop PC, a laptop, a PS3, a cyclone mini and another PS3.

For me the aim of this cable was to have a quality picture on my 32"TV. I tried with all these devices to check compatibility and potential issue. I have this cable for 3 months now and it still work very well. the cable is long and not too rigid.

i have not try the Ethernet capability or the audio return feature, so I can't comment on that one, but a word of advice make sure both devices have the capabilities for such features.

i can't find any fault with the cable, all my device works very well when using that cable and I obtain a very good result. very good cheap alternative and to be honest I don't the difference with a more expensive cable.

LENOGE® [19V 4.74A 90W 5.5*1.5/1.7] Laptop AC Adapter Notebook Charger for Acer PA-1900-04 PA-1650-02 Aspire 5552G 5553G 7741G 5742G 5750G 7520G 7535G 4530 5534 5580 6920 5930G 5745DG 8935G 5935G 5745 5100 5515 5520 5530 5720 4420 5420 5620 2000 3003WLCI 3050 5332 Aspire One A110 AOA110 D150 D250 KAV60 ZA3 ZG5 Power Supply with UK Power Cord/Cable/Plug/Lead
Offered by ally_uw

5.0 out of 5 stars I had some doubt but..., 24 Jun 2014
I purchased this adapter for my ACER 5920G, cause it not an official one you always have this worry that it may not work or the quality of the item is not as good.

Give it a chance due to the fact the price was reasonable. tried it and it works like a charm. I have now for 2 weeks and it works great. will recommend it if you need a replacement charger for your laptop

PS3 fix, KEM-400AAA laser and mechanism. PS3 Repair
PS3 fix, KEM-400AAA laser and mechanism. PS3 Repair

5.0 out of 5 stars can't believe a lot of people give up their PS3 very easily, 24 Jun 2014
I bought a fat PS3 on the cheap for a member of my family cause the guy was afraid and/or could not be asked to repair. From the moment I switch it I knew it was an optic issue or could be the Blu Ray firmware was corrupted. Thankfully it was the first, For this PS3 and like mine, I could erase the Data without any issue and try to investigate.

Furthermore now the PS4 has been released, the PS3 especially the fat version are really cheap. The same go with the parts of those models.

I used ConsoleParts4u for my PS3 2 years ago. I brought the same part which is known to be unreliable. By the way my console still working at the time of the writing. From my experience the part is really quality and if it fail during the first 3 months I know consolepart4u will replace it for me.

2 years ago they sent the instructions along side the part on how to replace the optical laser, but now they are on their website (eco-friendly way). I did not need it this time cause I remember clearly how to do it and once you have done it once, it very easy to do it again.

Anyway received the part change the defective part with the one I received than play uncharted 1 and street fighter 4 arcade edition. I will try to update my review if there is any problem with the part i purchased.

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U) [PEGI]
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U) [PEGI]
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS game is THE reason I bought a wii U 6 months ago, 9 Jun 2014
Firstly I would like to state that I am a long fan of Mario kart and I played them all except the 3DS one and the arcade version. As the title stated this is the reason (with X and the Zelda wii U) I bought the wii U. Obviously if you read this review you may already have a Wii U and wondering if it's worth to buy.

I aim to review that title from a intermediate gamer who tries to explain this game to a casual gamer or someone who heard about it but never play. I will try to keep it short and give as much details as possible.

Before we go any further I think I will give my ranking for the Mario kart games I played from the less to the most favour.
6) Mario kart double Dash
5) Mario Kart GBA
4) Mario Kart DS
3) Mario kart wii
2) Mario Kart N64
1) Mario Kart (SNES)

Bear in mind it's always a constant battle between N64 and SNES version for the number 1 spot which are the first in the series. For me they are simple and the replay value is just great.

OK what's Mario Kart? It's a fantasy go-kart game where the protagonist of Mario series and those exclusive to Mario's spin off party games race for the title of the ultimate kart champion. You have 32 tracks in total, 8 cups to win and up to 22 characters to choose from (not sure the number is correct and even if it is at the time of writing the number will increase).

The game can be play with the Wii U game pad, the wii remote only, the wii remote with the nunchuk, the wii controller or the wii U controller. I did not test with the Wii controller as I don't own one.

You can play up to four players locally or if you don't have friend to play with you, can play online for FREE. Mario kart has several mode which are:
- Grand Prix mode: 12 racers compete for the title. 1,2,3 or 4 Human racers against the AI.
- time trial: race against the time where 1 player tries to be the fastest on track.
- Vs race: 1,2,3,4 player racer against each other or as a team.
- battle: 1,2,3 or 4 player try to pop each other balloon with item in a special arena.

For grand Prix, time trial and Vs race there are 3 levels of difficulty 50cc= easy,100 cc= normal and 150cc = expert.

There is a rumour on the web (with a picture) which reveal that the game may feature additional mode (Bomb-Omb Blast and Shine Thief) but at the time of the writing is still a rumour.

This bring me to my next point the DLC. At the time of the writing, it's unknown if the consumer will have to pay for DLC in order to gain additional characters, Kart's parts, new tracks/arenas. I am not a fan of DLC at all and I will downgrade my note if I have to pay for DLC in order to gain additional track but Nintendo has the reputation to give most of its DLC for free. It will be a very good marketing move if it happen. Either way (free or not), the game will expand from the initial purchase. In Japan the players can have a Mercedes skin kart as DLC (which I do believe is free).

One thing to bear in mind if you are new to the series or play mario kart Wii. The game is accessible to everybody, much easier than Mario kart wii. My wife is not at ALL what you would call an expert but she has fun and really enjoy herself playing that game. At first it will be tough especially if you setup the controller on motion but after the first race you will be OK.

If you are a parent and want to play with the kids, it's a good game to play all together. Just be aware that your competitive side will emerge even if you think you don't have one.

Something worth mentioning, for a limited time (until 30/07/2014) only if you buy that game you will be able to claim a free Wii U digital game (which can be claim until end of September 2014) after purchase. If you buy the game on 01/08/2014 you won't be able to claim any free wii U game. If you buy Mario before the 01/08/2014 but claim it after 30/09/2014 you won't get the game either.

Personally we chose Super Mario Wii U which at the time was still worth £39. It's like buy one game get one free. It just a good marketing thing and incentive for people to buy the game now. Please bear i stating this matter cause it make the game very good value even @ £40/£60. Even without it the game itself is good value @£40 or lower.

For me the aim of this game (and should be the case for every game) is to be fun and togetherness. In that aspect Mario kart succeed in that area. Do you want a game you can play again and again? then give it a shoot you won't be disappointed.

I would like to argue the point of some reviews where you may read (or hear) the game is similar to the previous entry... which is true for all franchise/series!!!! I don't know what others players expect but if they were hoping that Mario ad co will then put weapons on their kart and flying to a far far away galaxy then start shooting mutants/alien/robots or even humans in order to save the universe and just for the series to be different... I think they don't understand the concept of series.

finally here my note (don't want to go in details):
- Fun 10/10: You going to have a fun.
- Replay value - 10/10: You will come back to it even after a year
- Graphics - 10/10: Wow
- Music - 10/10: fantastic!!!
- easy to play/learning curve - 8/10: may be tricky if you use the motion setting.
- Price - 8/10: cause of the buy one get one free game otherwise I will score it 5/10 especially if DLC are not free..

On the bases that graphics is not everything, the fun factor and the replay value is what drive my purchase the most. I can't at this minute give this game less than 5 stars. May change depend on the DLC status (see update status in 3 month time).

Mario kart in general is a very good series, I still play N64 and SNES version from time to time and obviously the wii U version is still being played. This tell you that even if graphically the game will be outdated in 3 or 4 years, the online service will be off, you will come back to it cause the game is fun even on its own.

So if you planned to buy that game do it before 31/07/2104 and make sure you claim your free game before 01/10/2014. Cause even if you pay £39.99 it's good value for money.

Personally I can see me playing that game for the next 5 years to come and I would highly recommend that game for newcomers and fans of the series.

Gioteck GC-2 Wireless Controller for Nintendo Wii U - Black
Gioteck GC-2 Wireless Controller for Nintendo Wii U - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars short lifespan, 3 Jun 2014
Can't really review the item in depth cause the battery died on me after one use. From the short time (1 month) I had the item, I could sync the pad to my Wii and Wii U straight from the box (very easy). The controller is light and feel robust.

From the distance I used it (2.0-2.5 meter) the commands are real responsive and I did not see any difference with the official pad. I like the light on the analogue stick which make easy to use in the dark which prove it's a well designed piece of hardware.

Now why I can't really review it? After the first use, I then charge the gamepad but could not power it up after I charged it as per instruction. While I tried to charge it, the Battery LED last 10 minutes which was not enough to get it work. I plug the USB cable onto the Wii and try to power it on, but it did not work at all. Leave it a couple of weeks to make sure the battery will be discharge. Try to charge again but the battery charge last 10 min which is not enough time.

The bit where I am a bit disappointed is that I wanted to have a replacement but could not have one and I was asked to be refunded instead. I am in the process to send it back but now the price went up (from £12.5 to £14), and even if it seems to be a very good alternative to the official gamepad which is way too pricey. I am not sure if I will buy another one.

I could not put one or two star cause the gamepad when the battery worked, is really good but could not rate 4 or 5 star either. Shame I could not rate it 2.5 star which will be the right mark for me. Would I recommend it???? Yes but be aware you could have a end up with a bad batch (as every devices) and may not be offer a replacement. Personally and giving my experience I would not pay more than £13 for it.

New E-Deals USB 2.0 External Portable 500GB 3.5 Sata 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive - Limited Offer
Offered by E-Deals Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a 500GB not a 2TB, 7 April 2014
I was not about to review this item but giving the difficulties some users may experiment. I think it worth spending time on it and give some tips.

The design of the Hard Disk Driver (HDD) is simplistic but feel reliable except for the base which I feel it's going to break at anytime. The disk is not USB powered but for me that's a bonus since I brought that disk to put my Wii games on it (hence 500 GB). Having a HDD USB powered would be troublesome for the Wii or even if you plug directly to a TV. I saying that cause the Wii or the TV will have deal with the data transfer from the disk and power it at the same time. Especially for big files as big as 4.30 GB each where the transfer rate can disturb the powering of the Device (could shut down if the transfer is too heavy) if too high (request more power).

The USB cable is short and that's very good if the device you want to plug into is not far and you want make sure you won't get any transfer error and a faster respond from your disk (noticed that when I try this cable with another HDD which was plug on my TV). Saying that I personally think this driver is more suited for a laptop than a Desktop.

I like the switch at the back cause that way better than unplugging the disk from the socket.

The HDD comes with a screw driver and instructions on how to change the driver (i.e. if you want to upgrade the disk from 500 GB to 2.2 TB).

Now let's talk about the issue with this disk and why I gave it 4 stars. The disk has been formatted in NTFS with a GPT partition. Which means that windows XP 32 bits or previous version of windows (not sure if it works on window 7 or Vista 32 bits) will detect the disk but you won't get access to it.

The only reason one wants to format a disk using GPT system is for Windows (64 bits version), Mac OS (64 bits version) or linux (64 bits version) to use and recognise a large HDD (above 2.2 TB) except that there is interest of doing so.

In that case what I suspect the manufacturer wanted to make it simpler for them to manufacture and configure then choose to format all the disks that way. OK I understand it since they are selling more 2 TB HDD than 500 GB nevertheless that's not good for this capacity and could be very troublesome for people who are not computer minded.

If you want to make this disk useable for Windows 32 Bits version (i.e. windows XP) and be more compatible with other devices I would recommend to change The GPT partition to Master Boot record, so here the steps to do it.

Method 1: To change a GUID partition table disk into a master boot record disk using the Windows interface

- Back up or move all volumes on the basic GUID partition table (GPT) disk you want to convert into a master boot record (MBR) disk.

- If the disk contains any partitions or volumes, right-click any volumes on the disk and then click Delete Volume.

- Running the clean command will delete all partitions or volumes on the disk.

- At the DISKPART prompt, type convert mbr.

- Right-click the GPT disk that you want to change into an MBR disk, and then click Convert to MBR disk.

=============================================================================================
Method 2 (preferred method): To change a GUID partition table disk into a master boot record disk using command line

Open an elevated command prompt and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

At the DISKPART prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator), type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to delete.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

If it was not for the GPT partition issue I would I give it 5 stars but I guess 4 stars is not bad either.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7