Profile for titiprime > Reviews

South Park - Season 6 (re-pack) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Trey Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars TV does not get better than that, 2 May 2012
fan of south park since the 1st season, i could not resist to buy them on DVD.
Despite what people say it's a very clever show. I think you can't watch south park in different level. If I have to summarise, one level is the simplistic gags and vusua.
The other level is what are the point of view of the creator of the serie about a given subject or their view in life.

South Park with Futurama are my two favorite american's cartoon TV. If you look back from season 1, the graphics/animation are still OK and compare to the most recent seasons but you can't help to notice an improvement.
Also I have to say there are some very catchy music which in my point of view are better than some pop music of today.

If you like to see better show than Family guy (personal point of view). Just go for it, you won't regret it.

South Park - Season 8 (re-pack) [DVD]

Saint Seiya (PS2)
Offered by simplesimon1966

4.0 out of 5 stars game for fan or japanese animation lover only, 27 April 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saint Seiya (PS2) (Video Game)
Ok let's go straight to the point, st Seiya (or knight of the zodiac) battle of sanctuary game is aiming at fan only hence the title. For those who does not know the manga or the anime (series and OVA)here a basic explanation. St Seiya is a manga (anime) published around mid-80's but still very good even by today standard. The story is about knight fighting for Athena against other knights. Each knight represent a constellation (i.e: pegasus, dragon, andromeda, phonix, taurus and so on).

- The game have the PS2 graphic so don't expect god of war or uncharted graphic level.
- the game allow you to play the story of the saints who had to fight the gold saint in order to save athena. This part of the game is the adaptation of vol 8 to 15 in the manga series (28 in total)or from episode 60 to 80 in the anime (not sure it really accurate but there are 115 episode)
- For the UK audience I don't think it will a winner cause the anime as the manga had not been widely broadcasted very well, beecause you really have to know the manga or the anime in order to understand the game straight away and enjoy the game it will confusr a lot of people and the story can be a bit of a let down. Note that for the rest of Europe it should not be a problem.
- In the other hand if you are a fan or know a little bit about the manga you would expect much more characters.

I have to say I play 1h cause i got it recently, there are not much characteres and modes to unlock.

My advice is, if you are fan of Japanese animes and/or just want to see something else, that game could be for you. For other people who just want a retro fighting game not too much technical, you can have some fun to.

As For me I belong to the fan category, I am a fan of the anime since I am 7 years old (I have all the mangas and animes). So here my personal (bias) point of view

- The game is very close to the manga.
- The graphics are medium, and to be honest I would have prefer an animes graphics style rather than 3D
- The game is medium technical (I am playing a lot of street fight or king of fighter games)
- The game which is the 1st on PS2 should have start from the beginning and not from the gold saint saga. It's a DVD format and adding more charactere should not a problem (hence why I did not put the maximum rating)

1.5 Metre / 1.5M eSATA to eSATA Cable - External Serial ATA
1.5 Metre / 1.5M eSATA to eSATA Cable - External Serial ATA
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and robust cable, 5 Jan 2012
I brought this cable for my external HDD (LaCiel Big Quadra 500 GB). When I tried it first I thought the cable was faulty, but I tried with another HDD and it works fine.

The cable look really good quality and robust. My company brought similar cable but the price was way more expensive (£8).

The delivery was very fast and the price is very cheap compare what I saw. If you pay less than £5 for these kind of cable it a very good bargain.

The Notebook [DVD]
The Notebook [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gena Rowlands
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars an 1 hour too long, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
brought that DVD for my wife, I am not a chick flick fan but I watched some much more pleasant than that. The acting is OK'ish but the story is really bad and it could have been done in 30 min. There is nothing much happening and I could resume the film in 2 sentences. Even if that movie is not the film of the century it still better than twilight saga.

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars movie for women, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Brought that DVD for my other half cause she loves that film. She already saw the film twice and it was a sure bet for a Christmas present. Well I am not a lover of that kind of film, I need more complicate plots, more suspense and more actions. Saying that I do not say you have to avoid that film. The story is very interesting and you sympathise with the character. I like the acting of all the cast and I don't think there is one actor let the movie down. Even if chick flick are not your cup of tea, it still a film you have to see (at least once).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7