Profile for LuciusSnape123 > Reviews

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
by Benjamin Alire Saenz

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 13 Jun. 2016
Throughout the book you are hoping that it will end up as it ends up but there are twists and turns along the way. Ari and Dante are likeable characters but also both flawed in some way which does make you warm to them. It's a story about finding out your identity and embracing it. I loved it!

I'll Give You the Sun
I'll Give You the Sun
by Jandy Nelson

4.0 out of 5 stars Jam packed with YA themes. Stick with it!, 3 Mar. 2016
This review is from: I'll Give You the Sun (Paperback)
It took me a while to get into this book, so much so that I read the first few chapters and then left it for a month. But for some reason, when I picked it up again I couldn't put it down! The characters and their lives turn out to be quite complex and the two story threads of the two twins merge together at the end in a way that I didn't see coming, so it is very clever! I found myself wanting more of Noah and Brian's story from when they were older rather than just them at 13 so sometimes the perspective was annoying. However, on the whole, a very enjoyable and different YA book touching on themes of divorce, virginity, death, siblings, parents, and sexuality.

The Art of Being Normal
The Art of Being Normal
by Lisa Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great YA fiction., 3 Mar. 2016
I am in my mid 20s but enjoy YA fiction. I really enjoyed this one. In fact, I read it over 2 or 3 days as I really wanted to know what was going to happen. An easy read that deals with some difficult topics. Also nice to read a 'high school' story set in the UK!
If you liked this, may I recommend Simon vs the Homosapians Agenda. It is about coming out as gay rather than trans but it has a similar style and is also very easy to read.

New Long Red 45cm Fancy Dress Gloves For Fancy Dress
New Long Red 45cm Fancy Dress Gloves For Fancy Dress
Offered by CoBox Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Suited the purpose fine!, 3 Mar. 2016
Perfectly fine for my fancy dress purpose (Cruella De Ville) and cheap price. They fit up to my elbows.

EVIL DOG LADY FANCY DRESS WIG IDEAL FOR CRUELLA DE VIL HALF BLACK HALF WHITE CRIMPED LOOK WIG FANCY DRESS
Offered by Fancy a Change

4.0 out of 5 stars Serviceable and decent!, 3 Mar. 2016
This wig was perfectly fine. Its style is like an afro but it fitted as well as could be expected and I have a decent sized head! I didn't have bits of hair falling out all day. Didn't experience the problems that other reviewers had - it is a perfectly serviceable fancy dress wig, especially for this budget.

DELL INSPIRON 1545 LAPTOP AC ADAPTOR CHARGER PA-21 65W + LEAD POWER CORD CABLE
DELL INSPIRON 1545 LAPTOP AC ADAPTOR CHARGER PA-21 65W + LEAD POWER CORD CABLE
Offered by PC 247

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Jan. 2016
Does the job of keeping my laptop working when my old charger completely broke on me. It isn't quite the right fit/power strength as my PC alerts often tell me but it keeps it alive (even though my laptop is too broken to work without being plugged into it!)

Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
by Jeanette Winterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Jeanette Winterson is fab., 23 Jan. 2016
Jeanette Winterson is my favourite author so I was intrigued to read her autobiography. She writes fluidly as ever.

HippoWarehouse SAUSAGE ROLLS NOT GENDER ROLES womens fitted short sleeve t-shirt
Offered by HippoWarehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Jan. 2016
I like this product, the slogan is bold and well printed. It gets lots of comments! The fit is quite snug so you might like to know that before you buy.

Anns-5V/1A Micro USB Portable Mains Wall Charger with Micro USB Socket for Smartphone and Tablet - Black (red)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable section is awful., 23 Jan. 2016
I don't usually leave negative reviews, and this product may work for some people. However, it was just as bad as the charger I was looking to replace. The cable began fraying to show the wires beneath after a couple of days and the usb connection would not stay in the plug section and charge successfully without holding it there. In the end, I have used the cable from my own charger and the plug section from this charger to make a working charger. It is the cable which is the problem.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
by Milan Kundera

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped., 11 Aug. 2015
I have to say I struggled with this book, and although I started reading months ago, I haven't quite finished it. I have a degree in literature so I am not against books that are not easy reads but this didn't seem to go anywhere. The language used was beautiful, as were the emotions and relationships described but it did not grip me as much as I thought it would.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5