Profile for EDMeerkat > Reviews

Leaving the Atocha Station
Leaving the Atocha Station
by Ben Lerner

2.0 out of 5 stars Struggled, 23 Jun 2013
I really struggled with this book. Although there are passages of text which are written beautifully, they felt like individual pieces rather than flowing in the main narrative. As other reviewers have commented, there is something incredibly self-conscious about the style of writing, self-indulgent even.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving and page-turning but a little over-rated?, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I devoured this book in a day and it made me cry so I can't say that I didn't enjoy it as a reading experience but I do think there were weaknesses in the writing. I never fully believed the story or the characters, the plot didn't feel quite rich enough. I'd still recommend it though.

Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking
Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking
by Susan Cain

4.0 out of 5 stars Vindication!, 23 Jun 2013
This is a timely, brilliant book. It's about time we celebrate difference. By the end of the book I felt it became a little repetitive but nevertheless it is an important subject.

Altura Night Vision Light Stick in Yellow YELLOW
Altura Night Vision Light Stick in Yellow YELLOW
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

1.0 out of 5 stars the light is not bright enough, 24 Nov 2012
It's a good idea for a product but I'm considering getting a different light stick as the light here just isn't bright enough

The Killing Handbook
The Killing Handbook
by Emma Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Christmas present, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Killing Handbook (Hardcover)
Bought this for this for my mum for Christmas as she loves the Killing. Have actually read nearly almost all of it myself! Emma Kennedy is such a funny writer and also offers some great, behind the scenes insights