Profile for dom > Reviews

dom (england)

Casio MTD-1057D-2AVES Mens Bracelet Analogue watch
Casio MTD-1057D-2AVES Mens Bracelet Analogue watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks & Feels Great, 28 April 2010
I've never really been a watch kinda guy, but i was convinced to get one instead of looking on my phone all the time. There was no way i wanted to pay silly money for something that just tells the time, but on the other hand, i didn't want to be sporting an unintentionally cheap looking piece of rubbish around on my wrist. I now don't want to take it off. I really do like it a lot! It really does look a glossy as in the photo. I was able to remove some links fairly easily myself to make it fit.

Highly recommended for those of you who want a great looking watch and aren't too bothered about the brand.

HUE HD (white) USB camera for Windows and Mac
HUE HD (white) USB camera for Windows and Mac
Offered by premier-express

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritating view, 8 Mar 2010
This camera provides fairly good quality for the money. Technically it works well and have had no problem with it, mainly using it for Skype.

But.... (big but).... the whole bendy neck thing - it's a nice idea, but in practice, for use with video calling, it's irritating. I wish I had bought a 'clip to screen' model instead. The problem..... when you are talking to someone, you want to be looking at each other, face on. With this camera sitting next to your screen, your video chat buddy sees your face at a 3/4 view - annoying for them and you. I've resorted to wedging it between my screen mount and the wall, peering over the screen at me, and not surprisingly, it does fall off quite often! I would recommend you think carefully about why you would want a desktop mounted webcam over a clip on one.

The neck is not long enough......

Plugged directly into USB port on my monitor the neck would need to be almost twice as long to loop round behind and appear centred above it, or below it, to provide a 'head-on' angle.

The neck is not strong enough.......
Even if the neck was long enough for the above, it would need to be even longer so there is enough of a curve in order to stop the camera head flopping downside ways. That is the other problem with this design. I have a Goose neck lamp on my desk also, and the main difference between the neck of it and the webcam is the strength in the flex.

'HD' should be removed from the product title...
It is misleading. This webcam cannot deliver HD video. The main reason people buy webcams is to use them from video. Whether or not it can capture still frames at a higher resolution is irrelevant. I'm embarrassed to admit that i was conned by it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2010 2:22 PM BST

LG 32LH3000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview - Black
LG 32LH3000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with this TV, 8 Mar 2010
I spent a lot of time researching the right TV for the money, and 6 months on, I stand by my choice with a huge grin on my face! Could not be more pleased with it. I was worried that the Freeview signal would look badly decompressed as i have seen before with Digital TV's built in freeview tuners, but it looks great, and up-scaled really well.

The funny thing is, as it is 4 inches larger than the old TV we had in our living room, instantly it looked huge in comparison. A friend was over, and agreed how much bigger it looked. She came back a week later and was convinced that we had exchanged it for a smaller one! I don't think shrinking is on the tech spec, but i'm so pleased with it i'm not going to double check just in case I get disappointed!

The Overspent American: Upscaling, Downshifting and the New Consumer
The Overspent American: Upscaling, Downshifting and the New Consumer
by Juliet Schor

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have gladly overspent on this book, 8 Mar 2010
Well worth reading. I also recommend another one of her's Born to Buy: The Commercialised Child and the New Consumer Culture

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre
Offered by DayzHappy

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, seemingly good quality & works well, 8 Mar 2010
Not sure why people are fooled into buying 'super high quality, super high cost' cables. Cables like this one laugh in the face of the people who believe the shop assistants who tell them they are getting what they pay for. Like the cheap as chips high street fashion outlet says.. "why pay more?"

Keep It Going
Keep It Going

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep it up Caddies - Keep it going - More like this one please!, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: Keep It Going (Audio CD)
My favourite album of theirs, to date. Smooth, groovy, rocking, well written & produced. It has everything you could want from them. They pulled it off live too. Well worth the pennies!

Retractable Lead 3.5Mm Plug Plug
Retractable Lead 3.5Mm Plug Plug
Offered by Cosy-Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality & actually does retract well!, 8 Mar 2010
Does what it should do very well. Some retractable cables like to make you jank them to almost breaking point to get them to retract - this one works very well. I use it in my car, permanently attached to my stereo aux port - it keeps things very tidy. Highly recommended.

HUE HD (black) USB camera for Windows and Mac
HUE HD (black) USB camera for Windows and Mac
Offered by premier-express

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritating view, 8 Mar 2010

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2010 1:54 PM GMT

Griffin iTrip Auto Universal Plus 6106-TRPUNPLS-2 FM transmitter and Car Charger

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish someone had told me this before i bought it...Very annoying auto switch off at low volume, 11 Jun 2009
It does the job quite well, except when the music (or podcast in this case) volume is slightly low for about 10 seconds or so. I guess it's trying to be clever and conserve power but its not being clever its being extremely irritating because it switches itself off and leaves you being blasted with white noise from the empty radio frequency. Its easy to switch back on but that is not the point. A complete design floor. seriously think about another product instead.