Profile for C. Johnson > Reviews

Content by C. Johnson

C. Johnson "flosssy" (UK)

The Knot
The Knot
Price: 4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book. Read it in one sitting on a long flight., 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Knot (Kindle Edition)
I hadn`t realised that Mark Watson had written novels until we saw him at the Fringe in August (incidentally, in response to other reviews, you're right...he's no Peter Kay- he's far less cliched, far funnier and excellent live). I immediately read Eleven and enjoyed it and then waited for the kindle price to come down a bit for The Knot. I wish I hadn't waited. I was engrossed. Ok, so it isn't War and Peace, but amongst some of the tepid fiction on sale today, it's a welcome relief. I can't actually remember the last time a book moved me to tears, but this one did...twice. Try hiding your snuffles in a spacious easyjet cabin! I loved it and felt that odd mix of sadness and contentment that often comes when you read the final page of a good book. Thank you, Mark. Can't wait for your next one.

Bodum 1312 Columbia Tea and Coffee Press - 1.5 L
Bodum 1312 Columbia Tea and Coffee Press - 1.5 L
Price: 83.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffeemaker on the market, 11 Nov 2007
What can I say - it looks stylish, makes a vast quantity and keeps it hot for hours. Best coffee investment I ever made.