Profile for Santer > Reviews

Content by Santer

Santer

Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Series, 23 Aug. 2012
This is a great series and well worth getting on 3D Blu-Ray. The filming techniques used in this a cutting edge and whilst some of the techniques used like time-lapse photography have been around for many years now the addition of 3D makes the whole programme more visceral and real. As you would expect from David Attenborough the science is excellent and current with no sensationalism that I normally expect from programmes made by Sky. If you have a 3D TV you should buy this Blu-Ray.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by Venture Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Film could have done better with the 3D, 28 Sept. 2011
I was brought this film as a gift and had eagerly anticipated its release on 3D Blu-Ray as I didn't get to see it in the cinema. I wasn't disappointed with the film, the story was enjoyable and funny like the rest of the films and it was in my view a significant improvement on the storyline of the the third film. However, the 3D was very understated apart from a few scenes here and there, this wasn't helped by the aspect ratio which is just 2.40:1 which means it is letterbox format leaving black borders at the top and bottom of the screen. If the ratio was higher allowing the film to fill the screen then maybe the 3D would have been more impressive but as it is its pretty disappointing especially when you consider how good other Disney 3D films are such as Tangled and Tron Legacy. Still I would say its worth buying and if you have a 3D TV it is still worth getting the 3D version as although it wasn't amazing it did add to the viewing experience.

Tron: Evolution (PS3)
Tron: Evolution (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Game, 6 July 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tron: Evolution (PS3) (Video Game)
I was hesitant about buying this game at first because it had received some pretty bad reviews in places. I'm glad I didn't let this put me off as this is a great game. The graphics are excellent and are used to create the Tron world perfectly, the score is really good and mixes new tunes with those from the film soundtrack by daft punk. The 3D is also very good and whilst the effects are subtle at times it does make the game a lot more immersive and epic. I don't think I would have paid the original price of £39.99 for this game but now it has dropped it is well worth the money.

Late Bloomer
Late Bloomer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Late Bloomer (MP3 Download)
This is a great album I can't believe Allie Moss is not better known and more popular. She has a great voice and has written some beautiful lyrics.

Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Nathan Greno

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3D Film I've Seen So Far!, 27 Jun. 2011
I brought this film after reading lots of positive reviews about it and I wasn't disappointed. This is a great film, very light hearted and funny. Good for kids and adults a like. The 3D is amazing on this film and easily the best I have seen so far, lots of depth and a couple of scenes where objects are hovering right in front of you. If you buy any 3D film this year I would recommend getting this one.

Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, Great 3D, 27 Jun. 2011
I brought this film after having rented it with some friends and really enjoying it. The visual effects are stunning and in 3D the world is very immersive. Some of the 3D effects are more subtle and you don't get much flying out of the screen at you, however, this isn't the point of 3D which for me is more about creating depth and perspective which this movie does really well.