Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
What to Eat: Food that's good for your health, pocket and plate
What to Eat: Food that's good for your health, pocket and plate
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What everyone needs to know about the food we eat., 15 April 2014
An absolutely brilliant book, and a mine of information about food, most of which I certainly was not aware of.
If it sounds like a dull reference book, well - it certainly is not! By necessity, a bit repetitive at times, but as the author says, you can skip these bits. Well worth anybody's money.

Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Price: 12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one so far, 25 Mar 2014
Tried the Tal model. Useless! Cutting blades bent and eventually disintegrated after only a short time. Suppliers were not interested in helping me - said they no longer sold this model. Enough said!

This one seems much stronger and is well-designed in comparison. A third (larger) cutting grid would have been handy as I can't see me using the finer one of the two supplied. Very easy to clean as it dismantles very easily, and the suction pad is excellent. All in all - great!

Mortal Causes
Mortal Causes
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mortal Causes (Kindle Edition)
After reading a later Rebus novel and liking it, I decided to read them all in chronological order. Mortal Causes, number six by Ian Rankin, is , in my opinion, the best one so far. Thoroughly recommended!

Saints of the Shadow Bible (Rebus)
Saints of the Shadow Bible (Rebus)
Price: 3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Rebus, 8 Jan 2014
Love Ian Rankin's style. Good story line, well written. One you have difficulty in putting down even when sleep calls! I'm hooked!

Draper 45327 190 mm Soft-Grip Wave-Edged Hedge Shears
Draper 45327 190 mm Soft-Grip Wave-Edged Hedge Shears
Offered by PVR Direct
Price: 15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 23 Sep 2013
I wouldn't like to use it on my 150 ft. long Leylandii hedge but for smaller trimming jobs it's perfect.

What more do you want for 10 quid?

Borderlands (Inspector Devlin Mystery 1)
Borderlands (Inspector Devlin Mystery 1)
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreary, 4 Jun 2013
Never got into it. Gave up half way through. Might go back to it if I'm desperate, but I may just buy a newspaper instead!

The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, Book 8)
The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, Book 8)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay - but!, 4 Jun 2013
I thought that this was not up to the usual Mariana standard. It didn't hold me like other Ben Hope novels have. Hope it's just a blip.

Tala Potato Chipper with 2 Blades for Making Chips and French Fries
Tala Potato Chipper with 2 Blades for Making Chips and French Fries
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, 25 Feb 2013
The first thing that struck me that this was a quality product; looks as if it's made to last, which isn't normal these days, unfortunately.

It's easy to use but does require a bit of strength to force the potatoes through.

The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that it does not accept very long potatoes. (I like long chips)

But apart from that, I thoroughly recommend it.

Latent Hazard - A novel of conspiracy, suspense and political intrigue ... (Rafi Khan Crime Thriller Series Book 1)
Price: 1.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't give up!, 2 Feb 2013
The writer certainly seems to know a lot about the financial markets. The first quarter of this story went into mind-numbing detail about the stock market. At one point I almost lost the will to live! But I'm glad I persevered because after that it developed into an excellent tale of political and financial intrigue, with the human aspect well to the fore. Well recommended.

RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening
RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening
by Christopher Brickell
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The only gardening book you'll ever need!, 27 Jan 2013
Anyone who enjoys gardening will love this book. It cover every topic imaginable and is an invaluable source of information.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3