Profile for Berious > Reviews

Content by Berious

Berious

Case Logic QTA-110 9 to 10.2-Inch Semi-Rigid Kindle Fire HD/iPAD/2/New iPAD 3rd Generation Tablet Attache' (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for ipad4 with otterbox defender, 2 May 2014
I'd tried cases specifically made for the ipad4 but the defender adds too much bulk to be a good fit. Took a gamble on this case after looking at the measurements and I'm pleased to say it fits like a glove. Just the right size so there's no wiggle room but enough that you're not fighting to get it in. You can get few cables and thin connectors in there too but forget about the AC charger or a thick external battery - they'll need to come separately but that's to be expected really. If you have an ipad4 with an otterbox defender and also want a carrying case look no further.

Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black, OLD
Tefal Acti-Fry AL800240 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, Black, OLD
Offered by SENDERCITY

3.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen gadget I've ever bought, for 3 months, 13 Jun 2011
So 3 months ago I bought an ActiFry Gourmand. I'd heard people raving about the Actifry but was worried by a few reviews here stating the vanilla version tends to break down. However the Gourmand product was highly praised for it's better ventilation and apparently suffered from fewer issues. It was more expensive of course, but I'd rather pay a bit more and not have to deal with the hassle of returns and so forth.

Fast forward 3 months and I'd been using it several times a week while always being very careful to keep it clean and nice, as you would with your pride and joy of the kitchen. Today I go to make a batch of chips and the unit sounded very quiet, the paddle was turning but the fan wasn't blowing hot air at all, I think the heating element must have gone. Despite shelling out for the premium version my Actifry packed up after 3 whole months, I'd be unhappy if some cheapo knockoff version lasted only this long so as you can imagine I'm very unhappy. Going to cost me at least 20 to send it in for repairs never mind all the hassle I'd specifically wanted to avoid.

Would recommend this product in a second if they could make one that doesn't conk out at an alarming rate.

edit: Actually Amazon will replace my product even though it's outside the 30 day window and are even paying for the postage. Much happier now, thanks Amazon!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 7:16 PM GMT