Profile for seb133 > Reviews

The Light Behind The Window
The Light Behind The Window
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good story, 31 May 2014
If you like stories that involve more than one setting and generation, then you will like this. I especially liked the French Resistance references, and the ending keeps you guessing till the very end.

The Midnight Rose
The Midnight Rose
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 19 May 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Rose (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Because it is written from several different perspectives, in different generations, it could potentially get a bit confusing, but this wasn't a problem for long, as after the first few chapters I couldn't put it down! The author has also cleverly made use of journals to span the generations, which helps to keep you on track. I loved the accounts of life in the Raj, and also the bleakness of Dartmoor. It would make an excellent film, I think.

The Sisterhood
The Sisterhood
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but complicated., 30 April 2014
This review is from: The Sisterhood (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but it is either too long, or attempts to span too many centuries. I read in odd moments, not for long each time, and in the second half I found I was confused, and just wanted to see how it ended! Very evocative of Spain, though, and a very original idea for a plot. Would be interested in other work by this author, but perhaps should have tackled this one in longer segments, so as to avoid the confusion.

Consider the Lily
Consider the Lily
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing., 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Consider the Lily (Kindle Edition)
I am not a gardener, so some of the horticultural references were lost on me, but the story also evoked the period of the 20s, with its house parties and cars, which I love. You need to sustain attention to keep up with the narrators time travel, but I have recommended it to gardening friends, who say the flower references are cleverly done. We all found it totally compelling.

The Last Runaway
The Last Runaway
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, but also good for American history lovers, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Last Runaway (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book because the story was compelling, but also because I'm interested that period of Merican history, and the early settlers in what are now major towns and cities. Sequel needed please!

Campingaz Camping Chef Stove
Campingaz Camping Chef Stove
Price: 40.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible price, performs well, 25 Nov 2013
Bought this to replace a rather tired and rusty one we've used for the last few years. So glad we did, it makes the cooking a pleasure again, and quite easy to keep clean and sparkling.

Mister Maker Art and Craft Chest
Mister Maker Art and Craft Chest
Offered by Only The Best Quality Goods
Price: 14.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter set, 25 Nov 2013
Bought this for my 5yr old granddaughter. She loves Mister Maker, and loves this box. Only reservation is that once completely unpacked, it is difficult to fit back in, and some more individual storage for the smallest items, once the packets are opened, would have saved a lot of mess and wastage. But my granddaughter is just happy to stick sparkles and stickers everywhere!

Winnie-the-Pooh Collection (Winnie the Pooh Colour P/Backs)
Winnie-the-Pooh Collection (Winnie the Pooh Colour P/Backs)
by A. A. Milne
Price: 17.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A really classic gift, 25 Nov 2013
Bought this for my 6yr old granddaughter, as she has recently learnt to read, and I wanted her to enjoy the old favourites I read to her Mum years ago. We all loved this set. Small children feel very grown up having a boxed set they can arrange and replace by themselves. All three generations are now prompting each other to remember the next lines of the poems, making it something we can all share, and my daughter and son in law admit to reading on, for their own enjoyment, long after their child has gone to sleep! Only reservation is that printing is quite small, especially if you are reading in low light at bedtime. Coloured illustrations are fabulous though.

Disney Princess Musical Skipping Rope
Disney Princess Musical Skipping Rope
Offered by ToysnFun
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good exercise, whatever the age!, 25 Nov 2013
My 6yr old granddaughter really liked this, and has been practising all the time. Her parents report that the music is not as annoying as they first feared! My only reservation is that the rope is quite stiff, and coming out of the packet it was crinkled up and hard for a small child to use. Still a bit unwieldy, but she has learnt to cope with it. It adjusts easily to different lengths. All in all I would buy this again, its great fun, even for Grandmas!

BRITA P1000 Tap Water Filter Cartridge
BRITA P1000 Tap Water Filter Cartridge
Price: 42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 7 May 2013
This is our first replacement cartridge for the Brita filter attached to our tap. It was easy to fit, took just a couple of minutes, and the newly filtered water came through straight away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3