Profile for gulag > Reviews

Lakeland Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer & Clock
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not lasting as well as I hoped, 22 Feb 2014
I have had this timer for no more than a year. The display in the middle gives the time and you set/clear the timer by pressing the rim in different places. Mine is working less well than it did and it has become difficult to add minutes. Also, despite knowing that I need to check that it has set off, I have had a few occasions where I think it is timing and it doesn't. I probably use it once a day.
On the plus side, it looks solid, well finished and is magnetic.

Rita Farhi Luxury Almonds and Nougat 9 Way Selection Box 1 Kg
Rita Farhi Luxury Almonds and Nougat 9 Way Selection Box 1 Kg
Price: 15.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 1 Jan 2014
A guest arrived over Christmas with this selection and I was so impressed, I looked the product up and found it here. The different chocolate coated almonds are delicious; I am particularly fond of the delicately flavoured cinnamon one. I am not generally a fan of nougat but this is not too sweet and lovely. It is good value because it is such a dense treat, you can only eat a few at a time; I have brought the tray out after several meals and it is still going strong. I thinks it's a much better gift for adults than trays of chocolates with the added bonus that almonds are a super food; Ho Ho Ho.

The Logo Board Game
The Logo Board Game
Price: 28.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Inter-generational and durable appeal, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Logo Board Game (Toy)
I bought this game a couple of years ago and thought that it might lose its appeal quite quickly, particularly once my children (now 13 and 11) became familiar with the cards. This has not been the case and it is the game they often choose first when they play with friends. My son was playing it with the babysitter last night.
I agree with the positive reviews; I think it makes children and adults aware of the suprising amount of information they absorb from advertising and their brand awareness. Very sobering!
It is good for all ages because the advertising goes back to the ?1960's, 70's. It gives grandparents and those of us with incipient cognitive impairment a fighting chance.