Profile for BritHorrorHound > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Another Side of Fancy 2
Another Side of Fancy 2

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of what you Fancy..., 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Another Side of Fancy 2 (Audio CD)
It's worth buying this volume for The Hurricanes stupidly rare 'Only One Night' which would cost you £60 plus on a 12",so despite the wildly varying quality of stuff on offer on these compilations,they are great value.Volume 3 is in the pipeline apparently.

ZYX Italo Disco New Generation Vol. 1
ZYX Italo Disco New Generation Vol. 1
Offered by RareGroove

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original 80's series, 18 Oct 2014
This is a generic review for all 5 volumes which I've purchased all in one go. Just like the original 80's series, these albums feature the great, the good, the bad, the bland and the downright ugly!There's tracks that sound like Modern Talking, Fancy, Bad Boys Blue, then you've got artists like Miko Mission and Eddy Huntington making tracks that hold up easily(and in my opinion) surpass their 80's material. Of the new artists you don't tend to get their best tracks,for instance, there's no sign of Italove's marvellous 'L'Amour' ,instead we get the forgettable 'Let's go to Mexico' and 'Disco Queen(with Ken Laszlo), so there is still a need to fork out for those expensive 12" singles unfortunately. Overall though, these albums are an absolute bargain, most of them costing less than half of an import 12", so if you love the Italo sound, explore these albums.

Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Sheridan Smith
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars A great British drama, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cilla [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
What an utter joy this mini series was,such a change to have a drama that wasn't all murder and mayhem.I actually felt uplifted after watching each episode of this.The performances throughout are superb and if this doesn't win some awards there is no justice.

The Harry Hill Movie [Blu-ray]
The Harry Hill Movie [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill
Offered by rsdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated bonkers Brit comedy, 4 Oct 2014
I have just finished watching this on a streaming service, and came here immediately to buy the Blu Ray! I absolutely loved it,didn't know what to expect, but was hooked in minutes. It's a combination of slapstick and surreal humour that gels wonderfully.If like me you'd been put off by all the negative reviews, give it a go you maybe surprised!

Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2013]
Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ Abigail Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made spooky tale., 14 Sep 2014
The title is a cop out,I guess just trying to capitalise on the first film,and I think this would have been received better it had been released as a standalone title.It's a good story and the acting is a notch or two above the norm usually.found in horror films.It's good that there seems to be a return to storytelling in horror films rather than just laying on the blood and guts.If you like supernatural stories,you'll enjoy this film.

Live At The Rainbow
Live At The Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Queen!, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Live At The Rainbow (Audio CD)
Simply put, if you have an interest in early Queen you need one of these packages,dependent on your budget! I went for the Super Deluxe box set and it's a great looking item,although I wonder how long the discs will stay scratch free because of the way they fit in the box.It would have been nice if they could have included the normal DVD, CD and Blu Ray cases as an extra as there is room in the box(just about)

As for the content, you may have the bootlegs of these shows, but you've not heard or seen them like this. For the age the picture quality is good, although I'm not convinced the Blu Ray is essential, I can't imagine the DVD(which I haven't played yet) is far behind in terms of picture quality.

As for the band, they are on fire throughout, and pretty much note perfect including the vocals, I don't think they sounded this good when they were at their peak.

This has reminded me why Queen were such an important band to me in my teenage years, and why they've stayed the course.

Totally recommeded.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2014 1:46 PM GMT

Philips LivingColors Aura Colour Changing Mood Light Black (Integrated 1 x 8 Watts LED Bulb, Remote Control)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh....nearly there, but not quite, 30 Aug 2014
I managed to get one of these at a reasonable price(£45) and was looking forward to trying it out as I really liked the idea of a colour changing mood light. Took delivery of it, waited for it to go dark and plugged it in. I thought I had it on the dimmest setting at first, took me a few minutes to realise it was at it's brightest and most colourful.Started to learn how to use the remote(which is white, why would I want a white remote with a black lamp? A cost cutting excercise by Philips I assume) which is a bit fiddly, but after a few minutes manged to get it cycling through the colours and slowed the speed of the changes down. Overall it's a nice effect, but nowhere near as bright as I was hoping for, and I'm not going to invest in the more expensive 'Iris' version, as I'm not convinced it would make a massive difference. If Philips could make one of these with a stronger light output and a black remote(!) I'd buy again, but until then, no way.

Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera with XF18-55mm Lens Kit - Black (16MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS  Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera with XF18-55mm Lens Kit - Black (16MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful image quality, 8 Aug 2014
Wow, am so glad I went for this camera, not only did I get it at a bargian price, I got the free zoom lens via a claim with it, which means I paid around £250 for the camera with the supplied XF 18-55mm lens when you take into account the cost of the zoom lens if purchased separately! OK, there is a new model that replaces this (X-e2), but who cares! The image quality of this camera is outstanding, exactly what I was looking for, in an easily portable and fairly lightweight form. I haven't found any negatives so far, and the firmware update has really improved the AF on this camera. If you can find one,buy it.

Music & Video Stars
Music & Video Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb DVD!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Music & Video Stars (Audio CD)
I bought this for the DVD and wasn't siappointed. The video clips are all TV appearances including three per Modern Talking clips(2 from Dieter and one from Thomas) and the clips are all in great qulaity.Highly recommended to fans of MT.

The Stonehenge Legacy
The Stonehenge Legacy
by Sam Christer

5.0 out of 5 stars An engrossing page turner!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Stonehenge Legacy (Paperback)
I truyl had to force myself to put this down at night as I was so eager to find out what happened next! The authors writing style makes this book an easy read,the story flows well, and characters are well developed. I won't give any of the plot away,but will say having been to Stonehenge recently, I much prefer the version in this book, to the theme park English Heritage have turned it into. I will now be giving this authors other novels a go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11