Profile for BritHorrorHound > Reviews

Content by BritHorrorHound

BritHorrorHound (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Shaun das Schaf - Season 3 (20 Folgen) (Blu-ray)
Shaun das Schaf - Season 3 (20 Folgen) (Blu-ray)
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying the Blu Rays, 24 May 2014
I have no idea why Shaun the Sheep isn't available on Blu Ray in the UK, but is in Germany, crazy stuff, although the Blu Ray format appears to have taken off more in Germany than the UK perhaps, as I have had to buy several films from Germany as well due to not being available in the UK on Blu Ray. This set and 'Box 2' (why there isn't a box 1 I have no clue!) are beautifully presented, and the episodes themselves don't feature the title song being sung in German, it's an edited down instrumental version at the start and end, there is of course German text at the beginning and end of each episode, and the menus are in German.Picture qulaity is crystal clear,and there is 5.1 sound.Highly recommended.

Fade to Black: DCI St Clair Thriller No.1 (The Black Mystery Series)
Fade to Black: DCI St Clair Thriller No.1 (The Black Mystery Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but......, 21 May 2014
I read this not knowing what to expect, and basically I had to suspend any sense of reality whilst reading this book. There were things that just didn't ring true at all. It's hard to outline what without spoiling the plot, but I found some of it just plain daft. It's not badly written, but every now and again I just found myself thinking 'what?!' I know there are two further books in the series, and I don't think I'll be bothering with them.

The Borderlands [DVD]
The Borderlands [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Neal

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected delight, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Borderlands [DVD] (DVD)
I had to buy the Blu Ray from Amazon Germany because it isn't available in the UK(go figure!) having seen this one a streaming service and being captivated by it throughout.

I am not a 'found footage' type of film fan at all, but I like the sound of the storyline in this one, so gave it a shot, and was engrossed in the film within minutes, and my mind didn't wander for a second of the films running time(unusual for me when there are so many rubbish fils doing the rounds).

Do you know what helped this film immeasurably? the simple fact that the actors in it can actually act, are believalbe, and you care about what happens to them. There are so many films these days where character development seems to be a no no, that's not the case here. In particular, Gordon Kennedy was a revelation, but that's not taking anything away from his co actor Robin Hill who was also excellent.

I thoroughly recommend this film to all lovers of traditional horror, if you're a gore fiend no it's not for you, but if you want an intelligent, captivating film, I can't recommend this enough.

I look forward to seeing more from this director in the future, be it horror or in other fields..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 6:06 PM BST

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D not as impressive as expected., 5 May 2014
It's an entertaining film, watched it without knowing what to expect which helps a little as to be honest, the storyline is quite thin. My biggest disapppointment though was the 3D, I have the IMAX Blu Rays 'Space Station' and 'Space Junk' and they look far more impressive than the 3D in this.This was one of those where you could take the glasses off, and at some points there was harldy any blurriness,indicationg a lack of depth. The few 'pop out' bits didn't impress either, they didn't have the wow factor. Oh, and the running time is incredibly short, about 84 minutes without the credits.

Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd)
Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with Concert Live, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd) (Audio CD)
I preordered this months before it was released as I was going to be at this gig, and paid £32, and now just over a month after receiving it, I see it here for less than £14! I'm sure when I preordered it, it said ti would be an individually numbered limited edition, but that turned out not to be the case, and the packaging is bare bones ot say the least.I feel ripped off.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 5:28 PM BST

Revenge [DVD] (1971)
Revenge [DVD] (1971)
Dvd ~ Joan Collins
Offered by adfilms

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 70's Brit thriller, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Revenge [DVD] (1971) (DVD)
I would have thought the subject matter of this film would have caused some outrage at the time dealing as it does with a paedophile killing schoolgirls.Quite gritty,performances throughout are excellent and early 70's High Wycombe manages to look like quite a dismal place.Once the basic premise of the film has been established, you wonder how they are going to fill the rest of the time,but they do and with some aplomb,it's fast moving and doesn't drag.A film that deserves to be more widely known.

All You Can Eat
All You Can Eat
Offered by Acfun Store

5.0 out of 5 stars If only the original 80's glam bands were still this good!, 1 April 2014
This review is from: All You Can Eat (Audio CD)
They put on a great live show and three albums in (under the Steel Panther moniker) they keep upping the ante quality wise. This is by far their most consistent release to date,no real weak spots and plenty of highlights. I'd love Cinderella,Ratt or Poison to step up to the mark and make an album to equal this.

A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD)
A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Dominic Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 3D film out there!, 29 Mar. 2014
Only my opinion of course, but the 3D effects in this film are by the far the most impressive I've seen throughout a fim. It may be bettered for pop up moments by Despicable Me 2, but overall, this film is fantastic throughout it's running time. Recommenned for big kids who want ot be impressed by their big new 3D telly!

Cockneys Vs Zombies [Blu-ray]
Cockneys Vs Zombies [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michelle Ryan
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok..not great, 23 Mar. 2014
It's a bit charmless, not half as funny as it thinks it is, and I got sick of the constant swearing (I sometimes feel like i'm being assaulted by films these days rather than entertained), but it has it's moments, you can't really go wrong with Honor Blackman and Richard Briers in the cast! The effects and make up are excellent, and there's tons of gore.Oh,and the film certainly managed to make London look like a complete dump!

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists [Blu-ray] [2012]
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Grant
Offered by Special Interests

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny film but Claymation doesn't suit 3D, 15 Mar. 2014
It's got a great storyline that will appeal to adults as well as kids,but it just doesn't look right in 3D to me,looks far better in 2D,and my.only.other whinge is I wish the colours were richer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18