Profile for BritHorrorHound > Reviews

Content by BritHorrorHound

BritHorrorHound (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera with XF18-55mm Lens Kit - Black (16MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS  Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera with XF18-55mm Lens Kit - Black (16MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Price: 606.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful image quality, 8 Aug 2014
Wow, am so glad I went for this camera, not only did I get it at a bargian price, I got the free zoom lens via a claim with it, which means I paid around 250 for the camera with the supplied XF 18-55mm lens when you take into account the cost of the zoom lens if purchased separately! OK, there is a new model that replaces this (X-e2), but who cares! The image quality of this camera is outstanding, exactly what I was looking for, in an easily portable and fairly lightweight form. I haven't found any negatives so far, and the firmware update has really improved the AF on this camera. If you can find one,buy it.

Music & Video Stars
Music & Video Stars
Price: 12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb DVD!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Music & Video Stars (Audio CD)
I bought this for the DVD and wasn't siappointed. The video clips are all TV appearances including three per Modern Talking clips(2 from Dieter and one from Thomas) and the clips are all in great qulaity.Highly recommended to fans of MT.

The Stonehenge Legacy
The Stonehenge Legacy
by Sam Christer
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars An engrossing page turner!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Stonehenge Legacy (Paperback)
I truyl had to force myself to put this down at night as I was so eager to find out what happened next! The authors writing style makes this book an easy read,the story flows well, and characters are well developed. I won't give any of the plot away,but will say having been to Stonehenge recently, I much prefer the version in this book, to the theme park English Heritage have turned it into. I will now be giving this authors other novels a go.

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed
by Paul Stanley
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing, inspiring read, 28 Jun 2014
This was a fantastic read marred only by the fact I think it could have been two volumes rather than rushing some parts of the bands career. It's a cliche, but you really feel like you know him a little after reading this, and I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought most of Gene Simmons songs were utter garbage! Paul is painfully honest at times, and whilst yes, he may blow his own trumpet a bit at times, why not, as after all, if he hadn't kept it all together, Kiss would have disintegrated years ago. Highly recommended to Kiss fans, and music fans in general.

Soap: Complete Series [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Soap: Complete Series [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Rod Roddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking!, 24 May 2014
I remember when this first aired in the UK and it was considered risque! If I'm right it used to air round about 10.30 pm and I watched it with my dad who used to be in tears(of laughter!) I was 16 at the time. I bought the box set a while back but hadn't got round to watching it, but have recently started, and now I can't go a night without watching an episode or two! The performances and writing are fantastic, the comedy hasn't dated, although of course it's not as risque as it was initially back in the day! Whilst I'm watching it, I get the feeling my dad who passed away some time is with me laughing along. This is a classic.

Shaun das Schaf - Season 3 (20 Folgen) (Blu-ray)
Shaun das Schaf - Season 3 (20 Folgen) (Blu-ray)
Offered by uniqueplace-uk
Price: 17.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying the Blu Rays, 24 May 2014
I have no idea why Shaun the Sheep isn't available on Blu Ray in the UK, but is in Germany, crazy stuff, although the Blu Ray format appears to have taken off more in Germany than the UK perhaps, as I have had to buy several films from Germany as well due to not being available in the UK on Blu Ray. This set and 'Box 2' (why there isn't a box 1 I have no clue!) are beautifully presented, and the episodes themselves don't feature the title song being sung in German, it's an edited down instrumental version at the start and end, there is of course German text at the beginning and end of each episode, and the menus are in German.Picture qulaity is crystal clear,and there is 5.1 sound.Highly recommended.

Fade to Black: DCI St Clair Horror Thriller (The Black Mystery Series Book 1)
Fade to Black: DCI St Clair Horror Thriller (The Black Mystery Series Book 1)
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but......, 21 May 2014
I read this not knowing what to expect, and basically I had to suspend any sense of reality whilst reading this book. There were things that just didn't ring true at all. It's hard to outline what without spoiling the plot, but I found some of it just plain daft. It's not badly written, but every now and again I just found myself thinking 'what?!' I know there are two further books in the series, and I don't think I'll be bothering with them.

The Borderlands [DVD]
The Borderlands [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Neal
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected delight, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Borderlands [DVD] (DVD)
I had to buy the Blu Ray from Amazon Germany because it isn't available in the UK(go figure!) having seen this one a streaming service and being captivated by it throughout.

I am not a 'found footage' type of film fan at all, but I like the sound of the storyline in this one, so gave it a shot, and was engrossed in the film within minutes, and my mind didn't wander for a second of the films running time(unusual for me when there are so many rubbish fils doing the rounds).

Do you know what helped this film immeasurably? the simple fact that the actors in it can actually act, are believalbe, and you care about what happens to them. There are so many films these days where character development seems to be a no no, that's not the case here. In particular, Gordon Kennedy was a revelation, but that's not taking anything away from his co actor Robin Hill who was also excellent.

I thoroughly recommend this film to all lovers of traditional horror, if you're a gore fiend no it's not for you, but if you want an intelligent, captivating film, I can't recommend this enough.

I look forward to seeing more from this director in the future, be it horror or in other fields..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 6:06 PM BST

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D not as impressive as expected., 5 May 2014
It's an entertaining film, watched it without knowing what to expect which helps a little as to be honest, the storyline is quite thin. My biggest disapppointment though was the 3D, I have the IMAX Blu Rays 'Space Station' and 'Space Junk' and they look far more impressive than the 3D in this.This was one of those where you could take the glasses off, and at some points there was harldy any blurriness,indicationg a lack of depth. The few 'pop out' bits didn't impress either, they didn't have the wow factor. Oh, and the running time is incredibly short, about 84 minutes without the credits.

Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd)
Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd)
Price: 17.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with Concert Live, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Live 2013 (2cd + Dvd) (Audio CD)
I preordered this months before it was released as I was going to be at this gig, and paid 32, and now just over a month after receiving it, I see it here for less than 14! I'm sure when I preordered it, it said ti would be an individually numbered limited edition, but that turned out not to be the case, and the packaging is bare bones ot say the least.I feel ripped off.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 5:28 PM BST