Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Spinning Forward
Spinning Forward
by Terri Dulong

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay book, 5 April 2010
This review is from: Spinning Forward (Paperback)
Although i did read the book to the end I did skip pages.It started out a really good book but after a few chapters it started to to bore me>The characters were predicatable and the story incredulous.I shant spoil the story but the chances of moving to a new town and discovering relations you didnt know you had is so remote it was rather pathetic.However it was still readable and I did finish it.It was a "nice" ending too.
It was a book that could be read at the end of a busy day.Light,fairly entertaining-but nothing special.I feel that the author has more to give though and will read more from her .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2010 1:27 PM BST

I Don't Know How She Does It
I Don't Know How She Does It
by Allison Pearson

4.0 out of 5 stars i dont know WHY she does it!!!, 22 Aug 2003
I enjoyed this book very much,but I felt absolutely exhausted by it.
I cannot believe that anyone would want a "life??"like that.
I didnt get the impression that Kate was happy in her job at all-so why did she put her job before her children and husband?
The story is basically about how a woman juggles her job and family-usually putting her job first and doing things she was obviously unhappy about.
I felt angry with her a lot of the time as I felt that she didnt need to work all those hours,especially as she didnt seem to enjoy her job-or at least it didnt appear as though she did.Maybe the author didnt get the right message over to me but I felt as though Kate was doing a job she didnt really want to,and I couldnt help asking myself"why does she do it?"I didnt feel any sympathy for her.
However the book was a very good read on the whole.

Unhallowed Ground
Unhallowed Ground
by Gillian White

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutety brilliant, 20 April 2003
This review is from: Unhallowed Ground (Paperback)
i have just finished reading Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White and it was absolutely brilliant.
Gillian White writes so well that you actually feel as though you are "in the book"with the characters.
although a bit slow to start with-it actually helps to keep the tension of the story going.
I never felt terrified whilst reading it,but it had a strange menacing feel to it.
The characters in the little hamlet where most of the story takes place are very real. I live in the country and can identify some of the characters in some hamlets near by.
I have Night Visitor to read next-hope its as good as Unhallowed Ground.An excellent book.