Profile for Matthew Gerlach > Reviews

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Offered by My-Solution

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to my former earphone glory, 26 May 2014
Alas, I am no longer at the mercy of rubbish, overpriced Apple earphones.

I was once happy to call myself a proud owner of Sennheiser earphones. I used them everyday, starting from the moment I'd leave the house, and couldn't be more pleased with the quality of sound delivered. On one fateful day, over 2 years after they were purchased, they were snagged by a hook on the train, which rendered them useless and left me feeling utterly desolated.

Having bought an iPhone 5, the newest, coolest phone on the block at the time, I was sure their redesigned earphones would do the trick. Ah, if only that were the case. They work alright when I'm at home in utter silence, but if I dare attempt to use them in a noisy environment, I hear nothing but faint voices and murmurs in the background. Maybe it's my brain telling me it's time to get some Sennheisers.

I am pleased to have succumbed to this temptation. I bought these only 2 days ago but I have not enjoyed my music this much in a long time. The sound is crisp, the bass is thick and distinguished, the voices sound natural and clear. You know that loud, annoying group of friends chatting hysterically when you just want to listen to your damn music? You can forget about them. And the wailing baby. And the vigorous roar of the bus engine. The Sennheisers will clog your ear up, and you won't hear squat from the world around you unless it damn pleases you.

All in all, 5 stars. Does exactly what I want it to and no more.

eSynic® Latest Version 1.3 WPS 300Mbps Wireless Wifi Repeater Range Network Router Extender Booster Complies with IEEE 802.11N/G/B Extend Your Wi-Fi Coverage
Offered by EsynicDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and problematic, 16 Feb. 2014
I have been using this Wifi repeater for the past week since I purchased it. It was a nightmare from the word go. The instruction booklet is nothing short of unintelligible, and I had to resort to online forums to figure out how to install it. After I did so, it got worse. I share my house with another 5 flatmates and it has now messed up everyone's internet. It'll keep dropping the connection, making it no improvement to what it used to be, as well as messing up the wi-fi in areas where it worked perfectly before. I get constant messages saying there's an IP Address conflict, too. All in all a terrible purchase and I hope to hear from the sellers as to a refund or a VERY clear explanation of how to fix this situation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 6:27 AM GMT