Profile for Mr. P. O'Dwyer > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. O'Dwyer

Mr. P. O'Dwyer

Darwin's Origin Of Species: A Beginner's Guide (BGGW)
Darwin's Origin Of Species: A Beginner's Guide (BGGW)
by George Myerson

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine primer, 18 Sept. 2014
A great guide dealing with the social aspects surrounding the release of the Origin, Darwin's own history, the development of the theory of natural selection and more. I bought this as a primer upon which I shall move on to the book Instant Origin by Gene Kritsky which follows the origin of species chapter per chapter.

The Anatomy of Insects and Spiders: Over 600 Exquisite Forms
The Anatomy of Insects and Spiders: Over 600 Exquisite Forms
by Claire Beverley

5.0 out of 5 stars My new Bible!, 14 Feb. 2013
I love this book and use it extensively for artwork. The illustrations are very realistic. My only problem with the book is that it doesn't provide a rough size of the insects and spiders. This would have made the book perfect. My thanks to the authors for putting together this little gem. Ps, the book is square in size and about 10% larger than a cd case making it quite portable.

Victorian Fashions: A Pictorial Archive, 965 Illustrations: A Pictorial Archive with Over 1000 Illustrations of Women's Fashions from 1855-1903 (Dover Pictorial Archive)
by Carol Grafton

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful resource for graphic designers etc, 11 April 2012
I found this book a wealth of visual information for a project I am working on. The illustrations are neat, precise and uncluttered with text. I would however, liked to have seen each item at least acompanied by a date (as the images span 50 years of the victorian era.)
I'm glad I bought this reference book and would recommed it to anyone.
Thanks Carol Belanger Grafton for your hard work!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Glitter! Nooooooooo!, 4 Sept. 2008
I wish that it stated somewhere in the description of this product that it contains glitter.

It's a really good product and has helped the condition of my skin, however, I would not have bought this product if I knew it contained glitter.