Profile for Ophidia Snaketongue > Reviews

Content by Ophidia Snaket...

Ophidia Snaketongue (UK)

USpicy® MACARON USND-3601 36W Professional UV Acrylic Gel & Shellac Curing Nail Dryer / Lamp / Light with Timmer Setting ( White ), Upgraded with Sliding Tray and Bulb Clip
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Cures CND shellac beautifully, but difficult to change bulbs, 22 Dec 2012
After reading the reviews for the cheaper Proxima UV nail curer, I bought this lamp to try out applying CND shellac nails at home, and I was delighted to find it did a wonderful job. I had no peeling or chipping even though I did housework and gardening with my manicure! Obviously, this is not a salon quality model and would not stand up to constant use every single day, but that is why it is cheaper. It is designed for home use and functions well in that regard. My only quibble is that the bulbs look very difficult, if not impossible, to replace come the time. According to the instructions it should be possible to pull them out to replace them, but they are deeply set in the machine and it does not look easy.

However, the build quality of this unit is good and it is fit for purpose, so I would recommend buying it for home manicures.

nail perfection 250ml SALON STRENGTH PURE ACETONE
nail perfection 250ml SALON STRENGTH PURE ACETONE
Offered by Beauty Perfection

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes CND Shellac without damaging nails, 22 Dec 2012
I used this product to remove my CND shellac manicure at home, and it worked perfectly! Rather than buy expensive wraps, I put about 2ml of this liquid onto a piece of cotton wool, placed the wool on my nail and wrapped up the finger using a twist of cooking foil. After 15 minutes, I removed the foil and my varnish had turned into a flaky jelly that could be gently scraped off. It is best to take off one foil and gently scrape off one nail at a time, since the shellac can start to re-set if left exposed to the air for any length of time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful build quality, bit of a knack to starting it., 12 Oct 2010
I work as a professional gardener, servicing small domestic gardens and this tool is just perfect for me. The build quality is a delight- it is solid and so well made it's simply lovely to handle. The only reason I give it four stars and not five is that it can be a little ornery starting. What I have found is that the best way to get it going is to close the choke until it almost starts (so that it goes 'rrrum...cough.'), and then open the choke to get it revving. It is rather prone to flooding otherwise!

The straps and vibration shield are all fully adjustable and can be moved around to fit. I am a 5'7'' female and I was able to get it comfortable, and I believe people shorter would be fine too. At about 7kg when full of petrol, it is heavy but not impossibly so for me.

It thoughtfully comes with a small container of two stroke oil, so you can get started pretty quickly.

Reviews on individual parts:
Strimmer: Has a nice tough line, not prone to breaking. More instructions on respooling an empty line would have been handy. If you are going to use the tool to edge, i.e., upside down, make sure the petrol tank is nice and full or it will cut out.
Hedge trimmer: A delight to use! Powerful and tough, gets the job done. It can prune the tops of hedges up to 6' tall, and prune the sides of hedges up to 10' tall. I would not recommend using this product for hedge trimming while on a ladder, since it would be easy to overbalance.
Pruner: Make sure you keep the chain tension adjusted. Especially during first use, the chain will randomly tighten or loosen. This saw does not have the power of a true chainsaw and would be rather more useful if it was set at a 45 degree angle, since cutting branches from the side just pinches the chain and sticks it. It is best to cut branches from the top and work down. For this reason, the extension pole is pretty much essential, but bear in mind the workable height of this attachment is only half the total length of the tool.

IMPORTANT! Please wear the correct protective gear when using this tool. You should always wear ear defenders, and if you are strimming or hedgecutting, safety goggles. If you are using the pruning attachment, you will need a full chainsaw helmet. It is surprisingly easy to get whopped on the head by a falling tree branch!

Essential extras:

Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter
Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Vista 64 bit, 28 Jun 2008
I bought this ethernet bridge after giving up on ever getting a wireless adapter that actually works properly with Vista 64bit. I decided that since the problem was the Vista software, my best approach was to ignore the problem entirely. I was rather dismayed on opening the parcel to find that it claims not to be Vista compatible. However, this simply isn't true! The installation CD isn't Vista compatible, but it also isn't essential. The system can be set up manually by anyone with enough know-how to have a wireless router set up in the first place. Make sure you follow GAZªr's advice on IP addresses when you first install it.
After having a buggy wireless connection that dropped and lagged all the time, this is a breath of fresh air! Highly recommended for Vista users.