Profile for Beebatron > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Endless River
The Endless River

5.0 out of 5 stars The endless wait for the Endless River....., 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Endless River (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, then this album will appeal to you immediately. I know a few have been disappointed with the lack of vocals, but I found the instrumental numbers, which flow like an endless river to be haunting, beautiful, mostly melloW and very reminiscent of the above albums. I think you need to know where this album is coming from to truly appreciate it, so perhaps google it and see what the band has to say. It is not big and brassy like Shine On, and doesn't have deep and meanigful lyrics like many Floyd tracks, but the instruments sing their own song for anyone willing to hear it. The drums in Skins are amazing, and unlike any Floyd that I have ever heard. You need to listen to this one LOUD! The rest of the album deserves to be listened to properly over a nice cuppa and a digestive rather than a beer and a kebab, but it is certainly a fine end to the Floyd collection, with very recognisable influences from Us and Them, Welcome To The Machine and David Gilmore's solo work on On An Island.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 6:24 PM GMT

Ghost Stories
Ghost Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album. Very thoughtful and a wee bit melancholy ..., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ghost Stories (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. Very thoughtful and a wee bit melancholy (except the gig-style anthem Sky Full of Stars which has me jumping up and down, waving my arms in the air every time) On the whole very atmospheric and easy to listen to, but with quite a profound and definite feeling of lost love and a pinch of hopelessness! Not as bad as it sounds - I love it!

Yes Man [DVD] [2008]
Yes Man [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jim Carrey
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Yes Man [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
loved it!

Childrens Blue Pop-Up Wizards Castle Play Tent
Childrens Blue Pop-Up Wizards Castle Play Tent
Offered by ardisle

3.0 out of 5 stars This 'pop up tent' does not pop up at all ..., 20 Aug 2014
This 'pop up tent' does not pop up at all. It requires someone (an adult really) to spend ten hot and bothered minutes inside the tent grappling with poles and ties. It's quite flimsy - the stitching was stretching after one day, but luckily we have a not-too-boisterous little girl and it has survived 3 months so far...
Aside from the grossly incorrect product description, my daughter loves the tent and has now learned to put it up by herself (as I now refuse!)

Best of Nickelback Volume 1
Best of Nickelback Volume 1
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album!, 11 July 2014
I already had "All the Right Reasons" which I liked, but was missing some great tracks such as "How You Remind Me", and my personal favourite "When We Stand Together". On the whole it's less 'heavy' than Reasons... with more rock ballads, but i find it gets played more because of this, as it's easier on the ears of my family! Love the album and can't stop playing it.

Brooches Store Silver & Crystal Trailing Star Brooch - Gift Boxed
Brooches Store Silver & Crystal Trailing Star Brooch - Gift Boxed
Offered by PYNK Jewellery Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and eye catching, 5 April 2014
This does look like a cheap piece of jewellery, but that's fine as I bought it to jazz up a black jacket and pin the collar down. It is a little bigger than I expected, but is very unusual, very pretty and I have had lots of compliments on it, and people asking where I got it from. It looks really good on a dark piece of clothing. Very pleased with it.

PINK FLOYD DSOTM OFFICIALLY LICENSED PF METAL PIN BADGE
PINK FLOYD DSOTM OFFICIALLY LICENSED PF METAL PIN BADGE
Offered by RockOfAges

1.0 out of 5 stars trade description rip off!, 12 Mar 2014
I ordered what I thought was a metal pin badge, to go on my leather jacket. What I got was a plastic badge. I suppose the actual safety pin style fastening is metal, which I'm sure they would point it if I complained, but no where near strong enough for leathers.
Hugely disappointed, if you think this is an old style metal rock pin - don't bother!

Diamond in the Snow
Diamond in the Snow
by Jonathan Emmett

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet!, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Diamond in the Snow (Paperback)
We saw 'Bringing Down the Moon' by the same author, at the theatre in our town and thought it was such a lovely story that we wanted to see what else he had to offer. It's a sweet story, and the illustrations are lovely. My daughter loves this book

Backyardigans - The Tale Of The Mighty Knights [DVD]
Backyardigans - The Tale Of The Mighty Knights [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donald Kim
Offered by MEDIA-MOST-WANTED

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky Rockyardigans, 23 May 2013
My 4 year old daughter is a lifelong fan of the Backyardigans and we both love this dvd. It is quite edgy compared to some of the others, but as a rock fan, I think its great, and its good for children to experience different music genres. There's even a guest singer! Great stuff!

Intex Pool Cruiser (Styles Vary, One Supplied At Random)
Intex Pool Cruiser (Styles Vary, One Supplied At Random)
Offered by My Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value pool toy, 23 May 2013
We didn't feel it was much of an issue that we couldn't choose a design, and were clear that we would only receive one pool toy, contrary to what a lot of bright spark reviewers have said. We received a fish, but would have been happy with any design.Great value at £4.20. Some people have moaned that it is expensive - what do you really get these days for £4??!! Stop complaining and have some fun- you know who you are!

Page: 1 | 2