Profile for Andrew James > Reviews

Andrew James

E15 LED 140 Lumens Flashlight Black
E15 LED 140 Lumens Flashlight Black
Offered by Up-To-Date Merchandise

5.0 out of 5 stars £25 may seem steep - but you will not regret it, I promise!, 17 April 2015
Smaller than a AAA Maglite, brighter than an incandescent D-Cell Maglite - not too much more to say than that, really.

Had mine about 2 years so far. More than stands up to the rigours of everyday life on my key ring and exceptionally useful for a variety of tasks due to the brightness of the LED.

This is the second of two Fenix torches I own, both with CR123 batteries. Don't let this put you off - they're cheap enough on Amazon, and the flashlights are relatively economical.

Lastly, I can't say that they're a diving torch, but I've had mine underwater in fresh water and salt water to inspect a boat propeller and on both occasions there's been no issues during or after.

Completely recommend Fenix, especially this torch for keyrings. £25 may seem steep, but I assure you you're getting a genuinely first class product.

Serpent: A Novel from the NUMA files
Serpent: A Novel from the NUMA files

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!, 27 Dec. 2014
Typical Cussler, good to the end and very well researched. Always a good book to relax to with a not too challenging plot line but energetic and likeable characters.

Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 15 Sept. 2012
As the title of my review suggests, these headphones are stunning. They exceed everything I expected from Klipsch headphones, and having owned a pair of in ear headphones, and an iPod dock for over a year, my expectations where already high.

They come in packaging that befit their price and have a very useable and what I am sure will prove to be durable hard shell case to transport them. The case has a compartment for accessories - these headphones come with a large jack adapter and a headphone adapter for aircraft.

I have fairly large ears, and all I can say is that these are exceptionally comfortable, something that is not as easy to achieve with me as I wear glasses. The ear foam is soft and supportive, and the headband is snug without being overly tight. For comfort I have to give them 5 stars.

If I was impressed before I plugged them in, I promise that that is nothing compared to what it was like when I took them for a test drive so to speak...

I have tried them on an iPhone 4S, an iPad 2 and a MacBook Pro, and I can report that the remote works with all of them. I have also used them with a Pure digital radio.

Listening to a piano solo, on flat EQ allows you to hear the mid range of these cans. Here they a bright, but not tinny, even at high volume. The lower end of the piano is reinforced by the exceptional bass these cans can provide.

Music in general is stunning through these phones. They give punchy bass that has fantastic tonal qualities rather than just a rumble for effect. Rolling bass lines are clear and harmonious. Others have commented that there is too much bass, I would disagree - the bass if of such quality that it is a treat to listen too. Mids are death with with applomb. Rhythm guitar is clear and sharp, and allows the highs to be heard over it.

These are stunning, to look at, to listen too, and much better than the £150 Bose equivelants which I admit, I was originally intending to buy, but was so underwhelmed I returned to Klipsch, and I assure you if I ever need another set of oer the head headphones, in ear headphones, or a new iPod dock, I will be looking no where but Klipsch. I don't believe there is another manufacturer that offers so much bang for your buck.