Profile for L. Newman > Reviews

Content by L. Newman

L. Newman "l_m_n" (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Creative MUVO Mini - Pocket-Sized Weather Resistant Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with NFC that Delivers Loud and Strong Bass - Black
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket-Sized Speaker, 30 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this little speaker, it workers straight out of the box. Connected it to my iPhone 4S via Bluetooth and away I went! All my music sounds good, although I think it deals with treble better than bass. Music with strong bass sounds a bit tinny, not so much that it's bad but just a little bit noticeable. I like that it speaks to you and that it is waterproof - I can now listen to music while I'm having a nice soak in the bath, without worry. This is ideal size for taking on holiday, but I'm not sure how I would recharge it abroad. Five stars, I recommend it!

Philips GC4521/87 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 200 g Steam Boost and Safety Auto Off, 300 ml, 2600 Watt, Black
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Iron, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I resisted having an iron in the house for years, so when I finally went an got one it had to be sleek, shiny and easy to use. This iron has some good features: cord management - it doesn't drag on the floor; self-cleaning - I live in a hard water area so need this; vertical steam - finally my curtains aren't wrinkled!; safety shut off - this is a must if you are easily distracted; and it's not boring and white! The short cord is a bit of a disadvantage but if you use an extension lead this problem is solved. This may be more expensive that most irons but I so think it is worth it. I still don't like ironing though!

GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
Price: 1.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodogs Treats, 27 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These little treats seem to be highly palatable to my dog Max. He (excuse the pun) wolfed them down - and performed all of his tricks in quick succession - without being asked! Ideal for putting in a coat pocket while out walking your pooch. The right size for a medium dog, can be easily broken into smaller tidbits. One negative is that they smell awful (perhaps this is why Max likes them!)

Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Price: 35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Oral-b Trizone Toothbrush, 26 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my third Oral-b electric toothbrush and it's fair to say they are better every time! The first model I had was large, clunky and didn't hold much charge. The second has lasted myself and my partner a couple of years now (don't worry, we have our own separate brush heads!) But it seems to lose charge quickly - maybe the battery could do with being replaceable? Now, on to this model! It feels good to hold, has a neat charger and all the good functionality you expect from Oral-b. I like that it has a timer, lights up when you press too hard and flashes when it needs a charge. My teeth feel 100% cleaner using these electric brushes rather than a manual brush. I like that you can use most of the other Oral-b heads, you are not limited to the Trizone head - which feels a little large. Great budget toothbrush.

Oral-B Braun CrossAction Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - (Pack of 4 Refills)
Price: 14.63

4.0 out of 5 stars CrossAction Clean, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oral-B brings out yet another toothbrush head, this time "CrossAction". I generally use the basic precision clean head, this head feels the same to brush with and my teeth feel nice and clean after. Job done! I can't say for sure whether any of the many heads available work better than the other, I think this is mostly down to the user and their technique.

Philips 4.5 Watt LED Raven Wall Lantern, Anthracite
Philips 4.5 Watt LED Raven Wall Lantern, Anthracite
Price: 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Philips Solar Light, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This light is a bit of a beast, as soon as you pull it out of the box you can tell it's not some cheap, one summer solar light. The instructions aren't great, why do companies make them so complicated? I think a nice step by step guide would have been better Philips! Nevertheless. wall mounting will be straight forward, you will need appropriate fixings and tools for this, obviously. The light itself is blindingly bright, this is probably why it only lasts five hours maximum - perhaps a dimmer option would have resolved this? This light is ideal by our back door, providing enough light for summer evenings, but I can't imagine how well it will charge during winter - we shall see. Nice quality, can't wait to see how it stands the test of time!

Boompods Earpods In Ear Headphones for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Blue
Boompods Earpods In Ear Headphones for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Blue
Price: 27.39

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOMpods!, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are lovely looking headphones, I really like the 'corded' cord - rather than the usual flimsy plastic. Nice silicone case too. Now, to the important bit! I put these on, iPhone 4S volume set just under medium and they drowned out the sound of my partner's metal music that was playing on the soundbar! Rich, deep bass without sounding synthetic. I love the fact that you don't need the volume turned right up, thus protecting the ears. Good buy and I would recommend.

BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Green
BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Green
Price: 11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Fill&Go, 30 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Clean, filtered Brita water on the go, sounds like a great idea - and it is! The drinking valve isn't as good as my other water bottle (a Camelbak) but it works fine. What a shame the filters last only one week, this makes this an expensive gadget!

BT Smart Home Cam 100 IP Camera with Night Vision and Motion Detection
BT Smart Home Cam 100 IP Camera with Night Vision and Motion Detection
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Brother is Watching!, 10 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a nifty little gadget! We got this to spy on our naughty little terrier when he is left home alone (this is not very often!). Plugged it in, both myself and my partner downloaded the iOS app, a few seconds to register and it was up and running. Pretty decent image quality with optional sound, this works via 3G too - so you can use it even if you do not have access to wifi. The night vision mode works surprisingly well too. We are thinking of buying more for other rooms. Recommended.

Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Salmon Oil, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is so difficult to find a good quality salmon oil for a reasonable price. This does the job on both accounts! I do not give this to my dog day every day, he has a teaspoon twice a week as he is only a small dog. He has lovely soft fur and paws and he loves his fishy treat!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9