Profile for Alexander Jones > Reviews

Somewhere Only We Know
Somewhere Only We Know
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter s***e, 25 Nov 2013
Never seem or heard so much sentimental rubbish in my life!
Pure marketing brainwashing that seems to be working on the gullible masses!!!!

FiiO E05 Headphone Amplifier
FiiO E05 Headphone Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great difference, 13 Sep 2011
I bought the FiiO E5 along with the L3 line out. Used in conjunction with iphone 4 and Audio Technica ATHWS50 headphones. The headphones are great on their own but using the amp just lifts everything adding a more clean and clearer depth.

Tried using the amp with normal iphone supplied headphones but the phone and amp combined is too much for these. Saying that, i would never go back to apple supplied headphones i just thought they may improve them.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, but!, 9 July 2011
Having wore out my Scarpa boots, SL Attack's, after 15 years of heavy use I at first purchased a pair of Scarpa Manta's. (Older style with reversed leather circa 2005 - 2006)

Although the Manta's are great boots and crampon compatible they were just a wee bit too heavy for low level hill walking and trekking in mountains.

After a lot of research and trying a lot of boots on I bought these boots. They are not the best looking boots in the world by they have to be the comfiest I have worn.

After an initial breaking in period, and one small blister, they have proved to be extremely comfortable, water proof and offer a fantastic level of support to your ankles and stiff soles making walking over rocky ground a breeze.

I have owned these for 10 months now with around 800 - 900 miles on the clock.

The sole looks like it is starting to come away on the instep and the rand is starting to split on the other. I have taken them back for repair / replacement, to the retailer, so I still have to discover what their customer services department are like.

After owing my `bomb proof' Scarpa's I am disappointed that these boots should show these signs of wear after 10 months.

All in all they are a good boot but I don't expect to own them as long as my previous pair.

Previous reviewers have commented the problem regarding the soles but have always had them repaired / replaced.

If there is one thing I would improve on the boots is a larger thicker rand for that extra protection over rocky ground.

Great for low level hill walking and trekking but take a pounding on rockier ground. (maybe should have wore my Manta's on Crib Goch)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than DM's, 26 Jun 2011
I have wore Dr Martens all my life but, after wearing out my 'real' DM's (pre 2003) i bought two pairs of DM's now made overseas. Although they are still good shoes they did not feel the same and quickly wore out

I purchased a pair of DM's for life which are great shoes but expensive at 102.00.

After researching the internet i came upon Solovair. I purchased a pair and have not been dissapointed.

Tight at first and hurt your feet for a week or so but after breaking them in they have prooved to be fantastic a shoes with great support and grip.

DM still make a shoe in England but the yellow stitching puts me off.

All in all these are great shoes and value for money. I think it will be a number of years before i need to buy a new pair.

Karrimor Men's Ksb Coniston Weathertite Walking Boot
Karrimor Men's Ksb Coniston Weathertite Walking Boot
Price: 47.28 - 105.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 26 Jun 2011
Bought these in March this year but have now worn through the internal lining and foot bed.
Karrimor used to be a name in outdoor gear but sadly they no longer manufacture to the same quality as they used to.
Don't believe the price reduction as this no way reflects the quality of these boots.
They offer no support to your feet and leaked water from the first time I put them on.
Have now returned them but if I receive a replacement I think I will put them up for sale.
Some less scrupulous on-line traders have these advertised as 3-4 season boots. 3-4 season boots are crampon compatible but these have way too much flex for this use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 12:02 PM BST

Willis's Elements of Quantity Surveying
Willis's Elements of Quantity Surveying
by Sandra Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes measurement understandable, 10 Oct 2007
I have been working as an estimator for 5 years and thought i understood measurement. When studying for a diploma this book was indispensable for the measurement assignments.

I would recommend this book to anyone studying measurement.

Advanced Construction Technology
Advanced Construction Technology
by Mr R. Chudley

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for any construction/surveying student., 13 Sep 2007
As a mature student I bought this book, amongst others, to help me through building tech during my second year of a diploma. Illustrations are good and packed with useful relevant information. Brilliant when needing a reference guide when producing drawings. I would recommend this book to anyone studying or, as a handy work reference tool. Now starting a degree so i am sure this book will be helping me again.