Profile for PeterD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Coming Undone (Acoustic)
Coming Undone (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 8 July 2014
Awesome version of a song that was fantastic to begin with. The singer's talent actually comes out a lot more here she seems to play a little more technically with her vocal range. Great song!

Crash & Burn (Acoustic)
Crash & Burn (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly better than the studio version, 4 July 2014
I love this song, it's a great song and the acoustic version is nice and mellow, did not see such an upbeat song translating quite as well to acoustic but it's fantastic, I may actually prefer it over the album version!

Invisible Tonight
Invisible Tonight
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo good!, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Invisible Tonight (MP3 Download)
I'll be honest I'm still only listening to the first track on the album right now but I freakin love this band and this album is great. Go buy it, go support them, let's get them touring the world so we can all see them live. Come on zombies!

Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
by Brian Michael Bendis
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not as good as the first two volumes, 30 Jun 2014
I've really enjoyed the new run of Guardians of the Galaxy, which has probably picked up a lot of steam with this upcoming movie, but this crossover with the All New X-Men saw a minor dip in quality. The guardians are still great it's the X-Men that I'm not so sure about, but they get some brownie points for bringing the dark phoenix saga back to the forefront (something I have happy memories of seeing in the 90s X-Men cartoon).

Funny as ever and with a pleasant inclusion of the Starjammers (majorly underused characters really) this volume maintained my attention from start to finish, even though I was a little behind in the adventures of the X-Men characters, I was able to catch up quickly enough to follow what was going on. Hasn't put me in the mood to buy the All New X-Men comic line though. Unless I hear about something big coming out of a certain decision made by one of them in the final chapter.

Storm Chaser - EP
Storm Chaser - EP
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good EP, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Storm Chaser - EP (MP3 Download)
I heard this band on youtube a while ago, and favourited it, and then listened to it again the third or fourth time and something in my brain just switched from "this is a good song" to "I love this song!". The title song in particular is edgy, heavy, the singer has a great voice, definitely going to be following this band.

Cough It Up
Cough It Up

5.0 out of 5 stars This band rocks!, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cough It Up (MP3 Download)
Really loving this song, and any song I seem to hear by these girls. They're kind of like a female version of the Foo Fighters but with just as much attitude and showmanship. Here's to seeing them start world tours!

Ghost (Acoustic)
Ghost (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth listening, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ghost (Acoustic) (MP3 Download)
I already love this band and have become a youtube subscriber, and I bought the album this song is on in studio form a few months back and just discovered this but it's a great version of the song. I normally don't go crazy over acoustic mixes but this one works so well, I almost prefer it over the studio version (almost!) but it's a must listen for any fan.

Faded Memory
Faded Memory
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome band, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Faded Memory (MP3 Download)
I can't stop listening to their stuff on youtube they're a fantastic band. The singer rocks, the guitar solos actually exist (getting rare these days) and they're not another Paramore clone! Will be buying more of their stuff, hope they get the success they deserve!

Pure Protein Bars Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Pack of 6
Pure Protein Bars Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Pack of 6
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty, 30 Jun 2014
Normally this stuff tastes like rubber with a little chocolate spread over it but these are actually really nice. Decent amount of protein, not TOO many carbs/sugars, the fats are there but they'll do no harm. Would buy again, in bulk, because it's cheaper to buy 2 boxes and get free delivery in the UK than it is to buy 1 box and pay for delivery.

Elements
Elements
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Elements (MP3 Download)
I know they get compared to Paramore a lot but I honestly think they're better. The guitar riffs and heavy drums actually can be classed as rock music, this isn't just slightly heavier than average pop music. I hope these girls make it big!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5