Profile for Ms. N. R. Carr > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. R. Carr

Ms. N. R. Carr "nicolac34" (London)

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, 6 Oct. 2010
I've just finished all three books reading them one after another. Having initially struggled to get into the story I'm so pleased I kept with it. I've been utterly gripped by these books, unable to put them down and sometimes reading for 6 hours a day.

I love my crime fiction, this was right up my street with a little twist to the usual police procedurals I read. I agree with the other reviewers - the dissappointment that there will not be another book featuring Lisbeth Salander. I feel a big hole now that I've reached the end!

Gone
Gone
by Jonathan Kellerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one.., 22 July 2007
This review is from: Gone (Paperback)
Just finished reading Kellerman's latest installment with Alex Delaware. I have to say I am a big fan of all his Alex books and he always manages to keep me turning page after page to find out whats next. Sometimes some of the stories can get repetative (Alex is guaranteed to get beaten up/risk his life at some point) but it is an enjoyable read nonetheless. I welcome the return of Robin, as I always thought those two should be together.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable!, 19 April 2007
I happened by this book whilst trying to kill time on my lunch break in the local library. I read the first couple of pages (remembering some hype about it before) and before I knew it an hour had passed and I couldn't put it down.

Not my usual read (I'm more into crime fiction) but I thought this book was totally amazing. It made me laugh, and ultimatly made me cry. I will be reading this book again and again as I am convinced that I have missed bits first time round!

Deception Point
Deception Point
by Dan Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exciting Read, 17 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Deception Point (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and I have to say that it just tops off all of Dan Brown's fantastic reads. I started off with the Da Vinci code to see what all the hype was about, loved every second of reading that book so decided to see if his others matched up, and boy to they ever! Reading the back of his other books I thought I wouldn't find them all that interesting (being an avid crime fiction reader) but I just couldn't put them down! I found myself walking along the street trying to read once I was off the train because it was so adictive! The twists and turns of this book made it a thoughroughly enjoyable read despite all the facts and figures thrown at you.
I could see all his books making it into films, Im not sure they would be able to capture the suspence and magic Dan Browns has done though. I cannot wait for another installment of one of his books!

Angel - Season 1 [DVD]
Angel - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Boreanaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasti Series, 4 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Angel - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of the whole 'Buffy' thing so was pleasantly surprised to tune into a random episode of Angel and find myself completely hooked. Trying to watch the series on 'normal' telly and not Sky One proved virtually impossible and when the box sets came out originally they were so expensive (£80) I managed to get mine in the sales but still more expensive than Amazon are now offering! However I don't regret buying them early, Angel can be watched over and over again and I'll never tire of the brooding vampire in black...

Final Truth: the Autobiography of a Mass Murderer
Final Truth: the Autobiography of a Mass Murderer
by Donald Gaskins

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Insight, 18 May 2004
I came across this book by accident when researching monsterous acts for a presentation I was doing at Uni. To my dismay it was only available in America, once reading the reviews I was desperate to get my hands on it. I am an avid reader of all things to do with serial killers and crime mysterys so this was deffinilty a treat. Amazon eventaully made it available in the UK and I ordered it immediatly. I couldn't put this book down, it is written in the way that Gaskins told the story and you get a true picture and can imagine it through his eyes. I was expecting it to be more horrific (after reading all the other reviews!) and I suppose to the light hearted it would be (my friend read a particulary gruesome paragraph and was horrified and felt sick for the rest of the day!) A must read for all you horror freaks out there!!