Profile for Pixilicious > Reviews

Content by Pixilicious

Pixilicious (Warwick)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Outlook Solar Shade (Black)
Outlook Solar Shade (Black)
Offered by Baby Lurve
Price: 25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sun shade, 3 July 2012
I did quite a lot of research before settlling on this shade and it had paid off. This is a good shade for a maxi-cosi car seat. I haven't used it on the buggy yet as my baby is too small but it looks like it will be good for that too. It can be a bit hard to fold but there are some good video clips on YouTube showing you how to do it.

Content&Calm Protectishade Travel Product
Content&Calm Protectishade Travel Product
Offered by tink n stink
Price: 15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit car seats if the handle is up, eg Maxicosi cabriofix, 28 May 2012
I couldn't actually use this as it isn't suitable for car seats where the handle needs to be in the upright position when in use. I've got a maxi Cosi cabriofix and it is not compatible. A big disappointment and I feel I was misled by the desription, however the photograph does show the handle at the back of the seat. I've never used the car seat in that position and can't really think when I would.

Cuckoo
Cuckoo
by Julia Crouch
Price: 10.11

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing ending, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Cuckoo (Paperback)
I had high hopes for this book, the premis is a good one, but the executions is weak. I found it difficult to warm to any of the characters in the book, the protagonist, Rose, comes across as desperately middle class and I was unable to relate to her and therefore empathise with her in any way. In addition the descriptions in the book seem contrived and are over thought, for example Rose wouldn't use a casserole dish she would use her le crueset, which I found irritating.

I persevered with the book as the underlying plot had promise, however the ending was weak and unbelieveable. In short, I won't be reccomending this one!

Sereno (white) Nursing Glider maternity rocking chair with glide lock and footstool
Offered by Kidzmotion Ltd
Price: 114.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely chair but smells for the first few days, 1 May 2012
really comfy, great that it allows you to rock or not, I didn't think that I would use that funtion but it is really handy. It was a bit of a faff to put together, especially putting the handle on but it is a great addition to the nursery. On the down side ois that the cushions smelled very chemically and synthetic for the first few days until they were fully aired and the back cushion was very squashed and to attach it to the chair back so that it doesn't slump down means you have to attach it at the top of the back which means the ties are under stress when you sit down and I'm worried they may tear off the cushion.

Medela Replacement Valves and Membranes
Medela Replacement Valves and Membranes
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Additional info, 1 May 2012
Just so you know, there are 6 membranes in the pack as I don't think the description tells you this. Shame ypu can'y just buy the membranes (as you can in USA) rather than having to but the valves too.

Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection)
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection)
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - buy it!, 19 April 2012
I bought this for my cabriofix car seat and can't recommend it highly enough. I have a premature baby and this means that I don't have to wrap her up in lots of blankets, that kept falling off, but can dress her appropriately and this adds an additional layer of warmth and protection. I have also purchased the raincover and together they pretty much turn the carseat into a pram (mine is attached to the Quinny Zapp chasis) and we barely use the big pram any more.

Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix/Pebble Car Seat Raincover
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix/Pebble Car Seat Raincover
Price: 10.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, would definitely recommend, 19 April 2012
I bought this for my cabriofix car seat and can't recommend it highly enough. I have also purchased the footmuff and together they pretty much turn the carseat into a pram (mine is attached to the Quinny Zapp chasis) and we barely use the big pram any more.

Carriwell Maternity Support Band - Size 14/16 (L) - Black
Carriwell Maternity Support Band - Size 14/16 (L) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for your back, 19 April 2012
As soon as I hit 6 months my back started killing me. I tried the bump supports from Mothercare but they were either too big or too small so thought I'd give this one a go. I ordered the 12 (pre-pregnancy size) and the 14 and I would recommend that you go for the bigger size. It made such a difference to my back pain pretty much as soon as I put it on. the only thing I would say is that by the end of the day my tummy felt a bit squashed and I wasn't that big.

Logan-Mocha
Logan-Mocha

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Logan-Mocha (Baby Product)
This bag looks great and I had high hopes of being organised and having everything to hand. The pods pretty much take up the whole of the bag, I can just about fit in my purse, keys and phone and putting my sunglasses in is a squeeze. In addition, I can't fit everything I need into the pods, eg the changing pod barely takes wipes, a few nappies, nappy bags, cream and a change of clothes. And the change of clothes is tiny as my daughter was premature and only weighs 6lb! For the money, I don't think this is a good purchase, my free bag from Boots was smaller but I can fit more into it, very disappointing :-(

update - it is also impossible to get the pods back into the nag with 1 hand which is ofetn all you've got as the other one is holding your baby

Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Value Pack Tub + 2 cassettes
Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Value Pack Tub + 2 cassettes

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so smell free!, 19 April 2012
I bought this for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else, I wanted to keep the smells at bay from nappy changing. I also admit that i am pretty lazy and can't be bothered to go to the outside bin every time I change a nappy - with a new baby I've got enough on! So far, the bin has been great, exactly what I was after and the smells (admittedly limited at the moment as my daughter is breast fed) are well contained within the unit. The bin gets full about twice a week, it will probably be more as she gets bigger and has bigger nappies.

Overall, I am very happy with this product and would reccomend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4