Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Zyliss Smart Touch Salad Spinner, Small, White
Zyliss Smart Touch Salad Spinner, Small, White
Price: 23.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Nor great for lettuce, 23 July 2014
Perhaps its only designed for small leaves but even after 20 pushes the salad leaves are still soggy. Im struggling to see what the point is.
Build quality is good but I can't see the lever lasting that long if you have to push it that much.

Philips Sonicare HX9172/10 FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
Price: 136.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Convert from Oral B, 5 Oct 2013
I have used Oral B electric toothbrushes for many years and currently have the Triumph 5000 model, which when I bought it a year ago was roughly equivalent in price to the Phillips Sonicare premium ranges.I was quite happy to continue using the Oral B, it does the job and cleans teeth well enough.

My partner just purchased the Phillips Sonicare platinum, so I used the spare toothbrush head that came with it and thought I would compare it to the oral B, with no intention of using it permanently.

I was immediately impressed at how much gentler the sonicare brushes are in comparison, at first it felt like it couldn't be cleaning my teeth very well, but unlike the oral B which uses the sheer force of the revolutions to clean the teeth, it seems that the Sonicare brushes are able to clean effectively by driving the water around and in between the teeth. I've always had sensitive gums and brushing with the oral b was a little uncomfortable, but this isn't so with the sonicare.

The clean actually seems to be quite a bit better than the Oral B, despite the gentle action, the inter care brushes that come with this model are very good at getting between the teeth, it isn't a replacement for flossing but removes any plaque between the teeth. Its also nice that this brush comes with two sizes of brush head and that the other models of brush head are compatible, for example I also purchased the diamond clean head to use along side the intercare as it has many more bristles.

The brush heads are less clunky and more sleek than oral B and the body of the unit much smaller, overall every aspect of the sonicare is just a little bit more superior than the Oral B.

Despite having a perfectly good working Oral B brush, I'm definitely going to be using the sonicare form now on, it provides a far superior "dentist feel" clean and is incredibly gentle on the gums. Even with a 100 price tag, it will save you money in the long term with reduced dentists fees!

TOTE BAG
TOTE BAG
Offered by A bag is a part of your Looks
Price: 3.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived filthy, 28 July 2013
This review is from: TOTE BAG (Luggage)
The outside of the bag is lovely, it's such a shame that when it arrived the inside was filthy, covered in a sticky grey dirty, over the whole of the inside.
I sent it back to Amazon and ordered another one thinking it was a one off issue, but the second one arrived in the same condition.

Having wanted to use it as a lunch bag I was worried about the unidentified substance. I didn't want the hassle of sending back a low cost item AGAIN so I put it in the wash. This was a bad idea because not only did the dirt not fully get removed but all the colour washed off the bag, leaving lots of patches.

Such a shame, I not sure if the dirt was due to the sellors negligence or the manafacturing process, but either way this is not acceptable for a product sold as new.

SanDisk Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Orange (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 27 July 2013
This little mp3 player does exactly what it says it does.
It's small and light and the clip is a good improvement over the older models, making it great to use at the gym.
The battery life is good, I only charge it about once a week and the sound quality is also great.

I don't really see the point of a colour screen, but it does it's job and is big enough to display song and playlist information.
This was an upgrade from a Sansa Fuze which had died and is definitely an improvement over the older model.

I wouldn't say the controls are the most user friendly, but they are sufficient for the size of the mp3 player.

For the price, this little mp3 player surpassed some brands at twice the price, unless you wan't something flashy don't waste your money on something more expensive that won't do half as much.

50 Mailing postal bags STRONG 12 x 16 inch (305x405) plastic polythene
50 Mailing postal bags STRONG 12 x 16 inch (305x405) plastic polythene
Offered by PolyPostalBags
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and durable, 27 July 2013
These mail bags are strong and durable for the price and the self seal is also very strong.
They met my key requirements which are:
- Strong and durable
- Opaque
- marker pen is clearly visible against the background colour
- low cost

I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Bodum 1 L Assam Tea Press - Black
Bodum 1 L Assam Tea Press - Black
Offered by U Stores
Price: 17.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Toxic Tea, 26 Jan 2013
The design of the teapot is very good, I was worried that it wouldn't pour well like an old model I have, however it pours perfectly.
On first use of the teapot, having cleaned it first the taste had a very strong chemical/toxic taste. I put this down to it being the first use and put it in the dishwasher.
It would seem that when boiling water is poured on the plastic inner part of the teapot it gives off a powerful toxic smell and taste. I ended up soaking the teapot twice once overnight in soapy water and the second time for 2 hours. It then went in the dish washer 5 times.

After all this cleaning the toxic taste was mild but still detectable and ruined any tea I made. I gave up and returned it to Amazon for a refund.

Friends of mine who have purchased a similar teapot have not had any problems, so perhaps this is a bad batch, however I went for the stainless steel version instead of replacing this model instead of having to go through the whole process again.

Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener
Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener
Price: 42.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Great performance but poor reliability, 21 Sep 2012
I would like to give these a 4 star review, however my pair of Remington pearl straighteners only lasted 9 months before they packed up, which is poor considering the 5 year warranty.
I've never had a pair of GHD but was reccomended these by my hairdresser as just as good. I previously had the Remington wet2straight straighteners which I loved, but having gone back to them when this pair died, they are clunky and far less smooth in comparison.

I particularly like the locking feature and slimline design which make handling then easy. They heat up in 10 seconds which is super fast compared to similar priced models. The only thing I did not like about them was that it is advised not to wrap the cables around the body to prevent damage. It makes it quite an annoyance to transport, despite the nice carry case.

I was completely happy with these until they stopped heating up, I did not keep the receipt unfortunately as I wrongly assumed that a 5year warranty meant a high quality product. Despite using them every day i would have expected them to last longer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 2:41 PM BST

Zyliss No Need To Peel Susi 3 Garlic Press
Zyliss No Need To Peel Susi 3 Garlic Press
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Garlic press, 27 Aug 2012
Until I found this product I never used garlic presses due to them all being extremely difficult to clean and hard to use.
This is the very best garlic press that I have ever used.

It presses unpeeled garlic well, however to make it even easier to clean I always crush the garlic under the flat of a knife which allows the skins to just be pulled off. This way I can press 3 garlic cloves at a time without the skins clogging it up.

It only takes about 20 seconds to clean which is great and the little tool gets out any stuck pieces of garlic.

Black + Blum Lunch Box Bag, Lime
Black + Blum Lunch Box Bag, Lime
Price: 6.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Design needs a re-think, 19 Aug 2012
I purhcased this to go with my Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime and at a first glance the design seemed unique and innovative. After using it for a few months the gimmick wore off and I found myself going back to using a tote bag.

The bag would be great for picknicks as it doubles into a mat, but how often does the average person go on a picknick? I suspect the majority of people who purchase this use it for their lunch at work. The product is of a good quality however it is not waterproof or leak proof so does not form an extra layer of protection. The velcro doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the bag, nor does it form a perfect seal which means it's not really a bag, it's more of a wrapper with handles.

The Black & Blum lunch boxes, of which I have three do not tend to leak however I stopped using this bag when I had not closed the lid of the box properly and it leaked into the bag, all the way through the material and out all over my clothes as I was carrying it.

It does not wash well due to the velcro either, which also put me off using it again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 1:25 AM BST

Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Black + Blum Box Appetit, Lime
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and well designed, 19 Aug 2012
This was my first Black & Blum purchase as has been serving me well for over a year now. I have never had any issue with breakages or leaks like some reviewers.
I have put this box through a lot of use, almost every day. It goes in the dishwasher and microwave. The manufacturer recommends a max of 2mins in the microwave but I often microwave mine for up to 5mins and have not had any ill effects.

Although sturdy and well made this is not my favourite Black & Blum product. Although I find it great the size for me is not quite right. It is slightly awkward to carry as you have to put it in your bag sideways due to the shape, which means the food slides about more. I would have preferred the box to be slightly slimmer and deeper. That being said, it is a good size for salads.

I am also not very impressed with the sauce pot which goes inside the main box, which leaks everywhere and doesn't close snugly. It must be a design fault because I have two of them, purchased about 6 months apart.

The biggest downside of this product is the price. In my opinion it is far too expensive, however in the long run it does pay for itself lasting much longer than conventional plastic lunch boxes. Overall I am impressed that my box has lasted so long with regular use.

Page: 1 | 2