Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 220

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Belle Doll
Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Belle Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well recieved, 15 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely range of dolls. My niece adores Belle so I was keen to see how she liked it.

She was over the moon with it and has not let it go since having it. The doll is a good size and weight and comes with a few accessories. Namely earrings and shoes. The dress is removable however the gloves are painted.

The hair can be styled and played with and seem ’s reasonably robust. The outfit is lovely and shimmery with some nice detail and comes well presented.

Vax C85-P5-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 800 W
Vax C85-P5-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 800 W

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 13 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a self-confessed cleaning nut and have probably spent far too much time and money on cleaners over the years. They have come on leaps and bounds of late combining powerful suction with low wattage.

This diminutive cyclinder cleaner from VAX comes well packaged in a compact box and is well stocked with accessories for most tasks. Being the pet edition it boasts extra power and a turbine head for really scruffing the pet hair out of the carpet.

Minor assembly aside once I was up and running the cleaner is pleasant to use. There’s a generous power cord that self retracts and a good supply of accessories for most tasks. I particularly like the turbine head.

Performance is solid and handled most tasks easily enough. It isn’t too noisey and pulled along nicely. Being a bagless cylinder it was relatively quick and easy to empty.

Given the low wattage I am always concerned about suction but I needn’t have been. I’m glad technology is moving forwards in this area.

I am most pleased with this cleaner.

Graco Assure Group 2/3 Car Seat (Peacoat)
Graco Assure Group 2/3 Car Seat (Peacoat)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid budget seat, 13 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I now have a handful of stage 2/3 seats between family members so I was keen to try this one out as it is very reasonably priced.

It comes well packaged and clipping the bits together was easy enough. What surprised me is despite being at the budget end of seats it’s actually rather good.

Build quality is fine and it feels sturdy. The headrest is comfy enough, at least it certainly was for my son who nodded off in it during a drive.

The head restraint is adjustable to grown with age and I really like the flip out cup holders which hold my son’s sports bottle well.

As your lo grows it turns into a booster seat so all being told this should last until they no longer need a special seat.

I can’t find much bad to say about this. I prefer a seat that has a recline but that’s preference and certainly no criticism of this one.

It’s really easy to clip and out with the car seat belt and my son much prefers it to the harness type we had as it gives him some freedom without compromising safety. It’s not too wide either and the chair is actually quite compact. And lastly it’s nice and light for easy movement between cars or if you need to pop it in the boot due to passengers etc.

Really a great, reasonably priced car seat which doesn’t skimp on features.

Bing Phone
Bing Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 12 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Bing Phone (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son likes pretend phones, particularly his Fireman Sam one. He likes Bing so I thought this would be good to try.

The packaging is good and very easy to open which is good. The phone is good and feels solid. I’m a little disappointed with the screen sticker however it is price appropriate I guess.

The sounds and phrases are great. My son really enjoyed interacting with all the different sounds and there was a good variety of them.

We gave it a try in the base and it does make it louder however he lost interest in the base quickly.

Overall it’s a lovely baby safe toy or gift.

AEG SB5700BK 5 Series Blender with TruFlow Stainless Steel Blades, 700 W
AEG SB5700BK 5 Series Blender with TruFlow Stainless Steel Blades, 700 W
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb blender, 11 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
AEG have some great products and this is every bit one of them. Right from the off it is clearly a premium product and having recently tried various Bosch and bullet blenders this is a good solid one.

It’s surprisingly neat and compact, yet this hides a powerful blender. Aesthetically it’s very pleasing and I am happy to leave this out on the work top.

There’s a 1.5l triangular jug which is solid and the measurements easy to read. The lid is easy to get on and off and the blades detach for ease of cleaning. The jug is a good solid glass one which I really liked but could potentially be heavy to handle once full.

AEG refer to the blades as ‘TruFlow’ and in use they are very good and made light work of pretty much everything I could throw at it. I made a soup and a jug load of smoothies that included ice and it handled it all brilliantly. I was impressed with the ice crushing capability.

The control dial is easy to use and backlit which I liked. It’s all powered by a 700w motor which is akin to a standard nutribullet. The noise was acceptable. There are suction feet for extra grip and safety.

It doesn’t come with much in the way of recipes, the internet is your friend here.

Overall a superb blender for when you need to go beyond the capacity of a nutribullet.

ScotchBlue Painter's Tape Advanced Delicate Surface, 25.4mm x 54.8m (2080EL-24E) - 1 roll
Offered by Caulfield Industrial

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 11 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is essentially over-engineered masking tape for use in painting and decorating situations. We are in the midst of decorating and put it to almost immediate test.

I found it worked well but be mindful it is for delicate surfaces and designed for low adhesion to remove easily to prevent damage. As such you might find it won’t stick where higher adhesion ones will.

In use it peeled off nicely and left a tidy edge. No paint found its way under the tape which I was pleased with.

However, this for me isn’t a killer product. It can be overly fussy on which surfaces it likes and having used the original one I would opt for that one. To be fair I managed fine with regular masking tape when I didn’t cheap out on a pound bargain version.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I quite like it, 10 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ll be honest I have a touch of OCD and probably spend more time cleaning that I should. I have another handheld that quite frankly made everything much, much easier and still is almost a joy to use. I have since bought a cordless upright which has also been a complete revelation and made the onerous task that much easier.

So, onto this handheld by a premium brand. First impressions out of the box are a reasonably well made handheld. It’s light to hold and I like the colour. The form factor takes me back to the old dust buster days.

Charging was reasonable and the Li-Ion battery should ensure really good results. There’s a battery level indicator too and you should expect a full charge in four hours-ish.

Use is really good and there are a few handy little design features that make it easier. The wheels on the front are mega handy and the inbuilt nozzle comes out and can be fitted with a brush.

So what’s it like? Use is good enough for straight forward easy tasks, like crumbs or some loose dirt etc however I found it struggled on some tough to clean surfaces like inside the car. That said it’s at least half the price of my other handheld and so if you want that sort of performance you’d be better off investing in a more powerful handheld.

Cleaning of it is a doddle. It was easy to pull apart and clean the bits inside and it’s reasonably compact for a handheld.

Overall I like this handheld. It gives good performance for the price and should suit light household tasks easily.

3M SandBlaster 28240 Fine P240 230 x 280mm Between Coats Sandpaper Sheets (8 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best paper for me, 8 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is terrific sand paper and the best I've bought in my diy escapades.I normally keep a healthy supply of Fine paper around as it's probably the one I use the most.

I trust the 3M brand as quite frankly they make some top products and this is the same. The sheets are a generous size and very good quality.

I use mine cut to fit a 3M sanding block. When it clogs a quick pat normally gets it going again, much longer than cheaper ones I've tried.

Can't find a bad thing to say about the 3M paper. It gives a really good result and I wouldn't buy any other paper.

Lenovo YOGA 700 11.6-inch FHD Convertible Touchscreen Notebook (Intel Core M 6Y30, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Camera, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10 Home) - White
Offered by R.K. Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Downward dog, 6 Mar. 2016
I’ve been looking at Ultrabooks, 2in1’s and the likes of the Surface Pro for some time and I had previously seen the Lenovo Yoga Series. As a result I was really keen to try this new model as it seemed to combine a wealth of specifications and practical features into a very compact solution.

First impressions out of the box are positive. It’s well built and feels sturdy. Spec wise it uses a Core M Processor, 8gb Ram and a 128gb SSD that all conspire to give an extremely fast and capable machine depending on application.

Featuring WiFi and BT there’s also a plethora of other connections including USB 3 and 2, built in webcam, micro hdmi out and an sd card reader. On the subject of the USB 2 it also doubles as the charging port which is ace! It features Windows 10 from the off which is actually very useable in tablet mode. There’s not too much Lenovo bloat on there but ti shouldn’t be too hard to uninstall it all.

The 11.6 inch screen is both full HD and touch capable. Video looked great and it was perfectly acceptable in touch mode. So why buy this over other ultrabooks etc? It features a 360 degree hinge and provides for four ways to interact with it.

Tent mode is essentially that and is great for touch screen or setting up a video and letting it run. And stand mode is much of the same and handy for skype etc.

Tablet mode was surprisingly useable. It’s not as slim, light or portable as say a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 but it was very useable.

Laptop mode is for use as a traditional laptop.

The Yoga 700 looks and performs great but I have just a few small niggles. I thought sound quality could be better and the keyboard makes a few tough decisions to save on space. It was ok to type on but key travel was a bit shallow, I guess as one would expect for an ultrabook. There was just something unsatisfying about typing on it.

All in all though an extremely capable and versatile machine that happily sits in the space between needing a laptop and tablet and one I could happily use when on the move.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2016 7:40 AM BST

Lenovo YOGA 700 11.6-inch FHD Convertible Touchscreen Notebook (Intel Core M 6Y30, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Camera, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10 Home) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Downward dog, 6 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Laptop mode is for use as a traditional laptop.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20