Profile for just me > Reviews

Pathclear Weedkiller + Preventer 18 Tube Concentrate Weedkiller Tub
Pathclear Weedkiller + Preventer 18 Tube Concentrate Weedkiller Tub
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to snuff, 17 April 2015
I've bought Pathclear for many years now although for many of those years the 500ml and 1litre liquid concentrate was available. The concentrate worked well, but these silly little individual vials have performed very poorly. They are also incredibly expensive. I'm planning to us an alternative next year.

Ronseal CWDIR250 250ml Colron Wood Dye - Indian Rosewood
Ronseal CWDIR250 250ml Colron Wood Dye - Indian Rosewood
Offered by 1 Tool Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect dye, easy to use., 17 April 2015
Just what I wanted and pleased to find a Marketplace seller who had some in stock. Ronseal Colron have discontinued this product range and introduced an alternative that is 'wishy washy' at best. Boy, was my husband pleased that I found this in time.

Bosmere B405 Bench Seat Cover
Bosmere B405 Bench Seat Cover
Offered by MMP Living

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard expected, 17 April 2015
This cover looked as if it would last a long time. It seems sturdy and well made. However, I am unhappy to report that it doesn't actually last very long. I've used mine for 2 winters - both of which have been very mild - and noticed that even by January (of winter no. 2) I could see that many areas have disintegrated leading to holes. Not up to spec. If it's only going to last a couple of years then it should be stated. At least then customers could look elsewhere for a better quality product.

EVE Halogen R63 Reflector Lamps Energy Saving 42 Watt 60 Watt ES / E27 Edison Screw

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made alternative, 5 Mar. 2015
Good well made bulbs with the benefit of being low consumption. They replaced my old spotlights easily. True, as others have said, the light is a little less 'warm', but the light is still much better than many bulbs I've tried before. Definitely not 'clinical'. One star missing because I don't know yet how long they will last in practice and they are rather expensive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Punch - Instant Shoe Protector Spray - 200ml
Punch - Instant Shoe Protector Spray - 200ml
Offered by nonstopbargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, good, good, 4 Mar. 2015
Apparently there was a '50% extra free' offer on at the time that I ordered this product from Lighting and Mobile Accessories UK, and they kindly provided the promoted product. This was very kind of them and I thank them wholeheartedly. I will certainly keep them n mind for future purchases. And the delivery was faster than expected as well. What more could you ask for?

Scan   Gripper Gloves
Scan Gripper Gloves
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Dirty looking product, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Scan Gripper Gloves (DIY & Tools)
I've tried several times to submit a review for these gloves but amazon keep blocking me. Why? I bought two pairs of these gloves. They are available quite widely, but the amazon price was good so I decided to try them. Although both pairs of gloves seem suitable from the specification point of view, their appearance was far from satisfactory. Both pairs looked as if they had been lost in a dirty corner of the warehouse and had only been prized out of this location for sale to me. The overall appearance is one of dirtiness. I did not send them back because they were needed as a matter of urgency and will do the job for which they were intended.

Zyliss Pasta Tongs Silicone Tipped
Zyliss Pasta Tongs Silicone Tipped

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 16 Jan. 2015
Very useful tongs. The spring is quite firm and the entire structure is nicely robust. Very happy with the product, the delivery from DKB Household and the service.

Merlyn Welsh Cream Liqueur 70cl
Merlyn Welsh Cream Liqueur 70cl
Offered by Drink Specialist

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, 16 Jan. 2015
Having read a lot of the reviews on Amazon for this product I thought it would be a nice change to Baileys and the like. How wrong I was. This drink is like water with a bit of something resembling cream and alcohol added. It's insipid to say the best and the components aren't well blended. If anything it has a 'flat' taste on the palette. My husband, who normally really appreciates this type of liqueur, was extremely disappointed. So it's back to Baileys now and we'll be very careful next time we believe the reviews!

Mr Selfridge - Series 2 [DVD]
Mr Selfridge - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Piven

4.0 out of 5 stars No blu ray - shame!, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is for the dvd. I waited many months for the blu ray to be released in the UK, but it never happened. Very disappointed by that. The storylines were much stronger than in series one and moved away from the rather contrived concept of linking each episode with an historical event. Of course the back story was the developments during the First World War and the effect on the staff, so that filled up much of the series.
However, the DVD picture quality and sound were very weak compared with series one which I bought on blu ray. I prefer, if possible, to watch period dramas on blu ray as it shows the costumes and scenery to great effect. WHY NO UK BLU RAY?

Abtey "La Route des Liqueurs" Luxury Box 275 g (27 Assorted Chocolate Liqueurs)
Abtey "La Route des Liqueurs" Luxury Box 275 g (27 Assorted Chocolate Liqueurs)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty treat, 21 Nov. 2014
An interesting box of liqueur chocolates. They are all individually wrapped, which I appreciate and are very tasty. A little on the expensive side, but okay for a special treat. As with Abtey liqueurs in general, they do not have a sugar casing to hold in the liqueur. This is a real plus for me, as I feel the sugar coating detracts from the taste of the filling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6