Profile for Yours Truly > Reviews

Content by Yours Truly

Yours Truly "Mit freundlichen grüßen." (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Haribo Jelly Beans Sweets 600 Pieces Full Tub
Haribo Jelly Beans Sweets 600 Pieces Full Tub
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, 11 Aug 2013
I thought I had typed out a review, but allow me to begin:

Arrived fast enough. Was tasty as jelly beans typically area. Packaged properly, as far as I can remember. Plenty in there. I didn't die after eating them, so I assume they met some sort of health standard; I must admit, I worry about this, when buying unpackaged/unsealed goods.

Can strongly recommend these to those who love jelly beans... very sweet, just so you know.

Delicious, and tempted to get more.

Kettle Chips Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt 40 g (Pack of 18)
Kettle Chips Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt 40 g (Pack of 18)
Offered by Discount Office Supplies & Equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 9 Aug 2013
I am a S&V fan, so these are a must for me. I also find Pringles, Discos, and McCoy's are really good. These crisps do taste a lot more natural than the usual brands, in my opinion. I would totally recommend these to any S&V fan.

Hotpoint WF620 Washing Machine Drum Paddle Lifter Version 3
Hotpoint WF620 Washing Machine Drum Paddle Lifter Version 3
Offered by SJD Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., 9 Aug 2013
It seems to have done the job. I can't say much more, as I didn't see nor fit it, but it seems to have fixed our washing machine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Tweezerman Hands Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper, 9 Aug 2013
Works like a charm. These clippers are great for nails, but fairly useless for toenails, however, they are titled "Fingernail Clipper". They seem sturdy, and have a good bite.

Offered by Kinobo pro

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I Bargained For!, 8 Jun 2013
The following content was taken and edited from my small Facebook page, Techiebabble, that can be found at www.facebook.com/Techiebabble, and was typed out only by myself; I'm posting it here to save retyping something that essentially drives home the same points. I hope this helps you!

Hardware Review - Kinobo B7 Webcam

Terrible sound, ugly video, and lacking value; these are some of the things that you want to avoid when looking for a webcam. I recently purchased a very nice webcam, for just £10! I'm so impressed by the quality and value-for-money, that I wanted to share it with you.

The Kinobo B7 can currently be found on Amazon, under the following name:

"Kinobo B7 Laptop USB 5mpx Webcam For Windows XP/Vista/7 Skype/Yahoo/MSN Includes USB Microphone"

This light, stylish, and surprisingly good little number looks very impressive, with its shiny black and silver design; it does not fail to look nice, perched upon my monitor.

The clip, while plastic, is sturdy and stiff enough to sufficiently work at staying on a monitor; even my very thin bezel-free monitor, of which I was worried it wouldn't fit on. The base can indeed be folded up and placed on a flat surface, so with that, you can easily adjust it to face almost any given angle, which can be useful in many situations.

The design is brilliant, and I find it looks a lot more expensive than it actually is, which is always a bonus!

According to Amazon, the B7 sports an unspecified microphone, but I can assure you that the microphone is of excellent quality, especially for the price. I needed a new webcam to replace an old Logitech model, of which was terrible at picking up my guitar, and even in some cases, my voice - the B7, however, adequately picks up all the highs and lows I've so far dished out, and this includes finger picking my acoustic guitar loudly and sharply on both high and low strings.

The video quality is very clear, for the price, and does not stutter horribly, like some budget webcams. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed by the 5MP video, as I thought I would be, but it certainly still delivers, and when you take the price into consideration, it does end up looking pretty nifty.

It's handy to be able to take a picture with a webcam, with just a press of a button, and thankfully, the B7 has just that!

The webcam is Plug & Play, but I feel it does lack provided software, especially if you want to use the snapshot button. The link below - apparently their official website - will take you straight to the page where you can download the driver, likely for older operating systems.

Focus is very important with a webcam, as it's no good providing a presentation or talking to your friends and family, if you're just a blurry mess! Thankfully, the B7 provides a manual focus-adjusting feature, with plenty of wiggle-room, for a healthy range of distances.

Ultimately, this appears to be a budget webcam, and it has all the usual features, but packed stylishly into a flexible and quality unit. If you're looking for a budget solution, this Kinobo B7 will do the trick!

Asus MX239H 23" IPS HD LED-backlit LCD Monitor (80000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, DVI/HDMI/VGA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 6 Jun 2013
The following content is from my small Facebook page, Techiebabble, that can be found at [...] and was typed out only by myself; I'm posting it here to save retyping something that essentially drives home the same points. I hope these helped you!

Hardware Review - ASUS MX239H

I'm just constantly in awe at this monitor - this is, however, my first experience with a 1080p PC monitor, and my first experience with an IPS monitor, so I may be slightly biased. I can honestly say, that 1080p on a PC monitor really does live up to all of the hullabaloo, as does AH-IPS. ASUS went above and beyond to give us a premium-grade monitor.

This monitor does have some light bleed, but only at the bottom, and minor; I noticed it, then I moved on, and it doesn't remotely affect its use - in some ways, the "bleed" actually looks kinda funky.

The touch sensitive buttons for the display are annoying, but within just 1 day of use, I've gotten fairly used to them; to be honest, this is often the case with a lot of monitors, so I wouldn't worry about it.

A lot of people seem to complain about the base of damn near every monitor - some people just need something to complain about, I think! - I'll just say that the ASUS MX239H has a sturdy and sleek base, of which was easy to assemble. For mine, there is a minor wobble if moved, but nothing catastrophic; it's not like I'm jumping up and down on my desk - a minor wobble is a very small and frankly unimportant price to pay for such a good piece o' kit.

The sound is as advertised: amazing. I have a very nice stereo system, hooked up to my PC, with rich bass and pretty decent fidelity, as well as being hooked up to a Beringer mixer, so I believe I'm judging fairly - the quality of the monitor's speakers far surpasses any other TV/monitor speakers that I've ever heard. Obviously, they're still monitor speakers, so don't expect full-on insane bass, but do expect great highs and lows, with some bass that I find impressive enough for monitor speakers. It is common for monitor - or even TV speakers - to have no recogniseable bass, with a horribly tinny and lifeless sound, but these, however, are not so.

It's obviously very important for any gamer, such as myself, to know whether this displays ghosting, and I found none of the other reviews on Amazon - where I purchased this monitor from - to sufficiently express just how much of an issue this isn't. First thing you'll want to do, is manually adjust the "Trace Free" to 0, NOT 100; at first, I put it to 100, which makes sense, since it's an option to be free of trace, but regardless, setting it to 0 will completely remove any horrible after-image. There is no image quality loss, as far as I could see, when lowering Trace Free - rest assured that games are beautiful, crisp, and free of ghosting.

I can confirm, for Windows 7, that I didn't have to install any software or change any settings, in order to get this to work. All I had to do, was just connected it up, restart my PC, and Windows then recognised it, in addition to automatically setting my resolution to 1080p!

This monitor is often blowing me away, with its delicious premium design, and incredible fidelity. The attention to detail really impresses me; one example of this, is when I turn on my XBOX 360, whether I'm on the PC or not, it'll automatically switch to the XBOX 360; it's the same the other way around, too!

Other than the unimportant and minor light-bleed, I cannot even remotely fault this monitor; does Techibabble recommend it? Absolutely!

THIS MAY ALSO HELP YOU:

The Search for a Perfect Monitor

It all started when I realised that my graphical progress was limited, thanks to this whole palava with DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, VGA, and the main fact that I had two VGA monitors. I had no interest in "Full-HD", "HD-Ready", nor any other silly marketing scheme; I just wanted to upgrade my GPU! It turned out that I eventually yielded, realising that I had to simply bite the bullet and purchase a new monitor before I could purchase a new GPU.

I looked through several monitors, with Amazon being my go-to site. My budget was somewhere around £200, but at the time I was more keen on not going over £150, because, quite frankly, I like my money! I noticed a number of things that forced me to research.

DVI - I knew it existed, because I already had my VGA converted into DVI, but what I didn't know, and soon ended up learning, is that there is more than one type of DVI! It turns out you can have DVI-I, DVI-D, and DVI-A, which confused me, but I did eventually manage to get my head around it all - things sure had changed since my VGA days. I'm still not overly knowledgeable on the matter, but I'm gradually picking up information as I go. The nut-shell, is that DVI-I is compatible with VGA (hence the aforementioned conversion) but DVI-I is not compatible with DVI-D.

I've since learned more about what can travel through various cables, for example: VGA can only carry none-digital video, DVI-I can carry analogue video and audio, DVI-D can carry only digital video as well as audio, and HDMI can also carry digital video and audio.

TN, and IPS, are two acronyms I had never heard of, until quite recently, after quite a bit of research. I learned that TN monitors are those with horrible image loss when looking at such a screen from an angle; I already had experienced this plenty, over the years. TN monitors have the advantage of being a faster display, commonly between 2ms and 5ms, making them a good choice for gamers. TN monitors are a lot cheaper to make and therefore a cheaper solution for those on a budget. IPS monitors are what I refer to as "premium monitors" because they deliver the utmost in visual quality, often associated with image editing, as they aim to deliver accurate colors and shades. IPS monitors unfortunately have a typically high response time, of which attributes to something often called "ghosting" - also referred to as "trails" or "motion blur" - however, there are some high-end IPS monitors, such as the one I recently purchased, that still have a good response time, making them a viable option for gamers. IPS monitors are likely becoming more common amongst gamers, due to the impeccable image fidelity.

Another somewhat random tidbit of information I learned, is that, contrary to what I previously thought, VGA is actually capable of upper-HD resolutions - in-fact, I'm told VGA can handle just about any resolution thrown at it, however, the quality will always be better with a modern HD interface.

Have you ever been puzzled by all the hullabaloo around contrast ratios? I know I was! I recently did some research, and discovered that contrast ratios are often, and I'll quote a professional: "Just a number". It seems that contrast ratios vary significantly between different manufacturers and so it's very different to compare one brand of monitor with another. I think, as a general rule of thumb, you should compare contrast ratios with monitors of the same brand and range. Manufacturers use different ways in which their contrast works, such as my current Samsung B2030 monitor has "Dynamic Contrast", whereas my soon-to-be-delivered IPS monitor has something called "ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio" or "ASCR" for short.

There are a few ways in which marketers use technology against us, in order to obtain a buck or two more than is necessary, and it's important, as the customer, to make sure you're aware of these ways! Hopefully, I have helped you guys better understand monitors, in order to be better armed for your next monitor purchase.

Best of luck to you all!

Lonka Old English Fudge Chocolate (500g bag)
Lonka Old English Fudge Chocolate (500g bag)
Offered by Chocolate Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Fudge Lover!, 11 April 2013
These are pretty damn tasty, but be warned... they are rather sweet!

I rare have one of these, due to the sweetness, but I suppose I forgot just how sweet fudge can be, so perhaps that's my bad. The product itself, is awesome, was packaged fine, and nothing went wrong with the delivery.

I definitely recommend.

Kingsway Apple Bonbons (500g bag)
Kingsway Apple Bonbons (500g bag)
Offered by Chocolate Buttons

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 11 April 2013
Unfortunately, just my luck, I had some pretty horrible abdominal problems by the time these got here, so I couldn't have these for a while, and am only eating.. 1 a day, at most! It sucks, but it sucks because these things are so yummy and the sort you could likely easily sit and munch/chew on for ages, while watching Netflix, LOVEFiLM, or some other thing.

Absolutely recommend!

(packaging and delivery were all fine, so no complaints there.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2013 9:42 PM BST

Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer
Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 April 2013
Arrived in perfect condition, all properly packaged.

Absolutely sensational product.

Plenty of features for the price.

Build quality is amazing, with a small amount of it actually being plastic.

Looks pretty nice on a desk, alongside a C-1! (waiting for it to get here, but my brother has one)

I'll perhaps update more, once I've got the C-1.

Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the power!, 4 April 2013
Amazing PSU. It must be a year or so later, and mine still works just fine, powering a relatively high-end rig, so I'm not complaining! Do I recommend this unit? Absolutely! Easy 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8