Profile for Kernicterus > Reviews

Content by Kernicterus

Kernicterus (Derbyshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
AURAGLOW Super Bright 12w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Warm White, 3000k - 1055 Lumens - 75w EQV - FOUR PACK
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 have died in 4 months., 14 April 2016
Great lights, lovely clear light in the kitchen. But ... bought in January 2016, one died in early March and another has died mid April. I am not very impressed with the longevity of these bulbs so far. Maybe I have a bad batch?

Fenix TK41 High-Performance LED Torch New Version
Fenix TK41 High-Performance LED Torch New Version

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 3 Mar. 2015
My God it's bright!
Enough said.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for motorbike textiles - clean the washer first though, 3 Mar. 2015
I have been using the Tech Wash for a number of years now, and am on my second motorbike clothing that has been cleaned with it.
In order for this stuff to be really effective the washing machine must be clear of all detergent traces. To do this I run an empty cycle on hot (90+ degrees C), and I add real lemon juice to the drum, the powder drawer and the conditioner compartment. Only then do I use the tech wash with my kit. Decent motorbike textiles can be very expensive and get extremely dirty/grimy, this wash is vey good at getting most of the dirtiness out but do not expect the kit to look like new. What is more important is that the membranes are rejuvenated, and with a liberal application of TX Direct Spray On afterwards I have not been disappointed with water ingress despite riding/commuting all year.

Hot Orange & Black Carry Case Bag for Panasonic HX-WA2 Active HD Camcorder
Hot Orange & Black Carry Case Bag for Panasonic HX-WA2 Active HD Camcorder
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for BOSE Soundlink Mini, 30 Jan. 2015
I saw reviews for this relating to the Bose Soundlink Mini speaker so I took a chance and got it. This case is a perfect fit for the speaker with the gel protector on, the charging plate, the charger, and the UK adapter. It has still got room for a spare phono lead. It is small and neat and perfect for the job.

Powerbee Signaller Twin Head  Solar Security Light with 56 Latest Technology Large Superbright Led's
Powerbee Signaller Twin Head Solar Security Light with 56 Latest Technology Large Superbright Led's
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 13 Mar. 2014
I bought this in November 2012 (the lamp design has altered very slightly since then) for my garage area as I have no mains supply anywhere near. I chose it because I wanted one of the lamps to illuminate a dark parking space next to my garage, and the other to get the garage. Positioned on the corner of the garage I have turned the lamp behind the garage and it lights up the parking space nicely.

It was easy to install, and I left it for a whole day switched off to allow decent charging to occur. Since then it has not let me down once.

The sensor is accurate and reliable, and although the control knobs are not exactly sturdy they enable a personal setup that does not need changing.

The light is bright white, and ample for the large area of coverage that I required. My neighbour has a mains operated halogen security light and the difference in light colour is extremely obvious, his being yellow to my white.

A number of reviews had commented on water ingress ruining the light so I decided that I would apply clear silicon to all electrical areas of the panel and control unit, I have not had any problems in 16 months.

The price noted today (£40 13th March) is a lot less than I paid, but I still feel that I had value for money. I would, and have, recommended this security light to others.

Solalite 22 Led Solar Powered Rechargeable Pir Motion Sensor Security Light
Solalite 22 Led Solar Powered Rechargeable Pir Motion Sensor Security Light
Offered by a2z-discounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight but effective, 13 Mar. 2014
I had bought a Powerbee double solar light for my garage and needed something similar but less bright for a dark gate zone in my garden. This is ideal. The quality of the construction is not in the same league as the Powerbee, it is very light and almost felt flimsy when I unpackaged it, but it does a great job of illuminating a small dark path to the back gate without blinding everybody.

After I had installed my garage lights I used clear silicon over all of the electrical contacts and I have not had any problems in well over a year, I did the same with this light and so far so good (about 4months).

The ball/socket mount of the solar panel is very weak and cannot be tightened, all I did when I was happy with its position was apply clear silicon to the area and it is much more solid.

In all, a great light for soft illumination of a dark path.

Fossil Men's Quartz Watch Nate JR1419 with Leather Strap
Fossil Men's Quartz Watch Nate JR1419 with Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 13 Mar. 2014
The face is larger than I expected, but now that I am used to it the look is great. The leather strap is stiff but has already softened nicely after a week.

Very happy with the purchase.

ICE BEAR JAPANESE MEDIUM FINISHING 1200 GRIT KING WATERSTONE SHARPENING STONE
ICE BEAR JAPANESE MEDIUM FINISHING 1200 GRIT KING WATERSTONE SHARPENING STONE
Offered by M.K.TOOLS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with the 800 & 6000 kit., 14 Nov. 2013
I got this to go with the above kit, and it is great for working up really dull blades after using the 800 grit stone. I have found that I am using this stone more than the 800 stone as my blades are very sharp now, it is a shame that nobody puts this stone in a kit.

Ice Bear Waterstone Sharpening Kit
Ice Bear Waterstone Sharpening Kit
Offered by M.K.TOOLS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 14 Nov. 2013
I got this kit along with the 1200 grit stone and I have spent a few weeks sharpening hunting & kitchen knives. I use Wusthoff kitchen knives and they have never been as sharp since using these stones, although I did spend some time practicing on cheaper knives, and I would suggest this as it is not as easy as it looks on various YouTube vids.

My hunting knife ... I can actually shave with it now, although it is not something I would recommend!!!

Bowers & Wilkins P5 On-Ear Headphones B&W - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get even better with age., 14 Nov. 2013
I've owned these for 2 years now and the sound is a vast improvement after this time than when they were new. I listened to the new P7's and a pair of new P5's today, along with my old set, and I was surprised that although the P7's are a cracking pair of headphones, my older P5's were warmer and crisper. In comparing to the new set of P5's, mine were less bright, this is a good thing, it is well documented that B&W speakers can be very bright when new.

I had considered the P7's, but after realising just how good the P5's sound after some time I decided to stick with them.

Page: 1 | 2